News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scarborough may be saved

Author Topic: Scarborough may be saved  (Read 2518 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Scarborough may be saved
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:43:13 PM »

Boro gain reprieve
12/6/2007

High Court decision goes in Boro’s favour

Scarborough Football Club was today able to secure an adjournment of the winding-up petition at Leeds High Court today, pending a full meeting of Scarborough Borough Council on 19th June.

The Borough Council will now have further opportunity to consider the club’s proposals to sell the McCain Stadium site to a third party.

The Council had last week taken the view that they were unable to accept the purchaser’s proposals because there were concerns that there was no guarantee that the new out-of-town stadium could be financed and delivered.

The purchasers have now written to the Council to give the required guarantees, in order that a positive decision can be made by the Council on 19th June.

On that basis, the Court was happy to give the club further time to bring its plans to fruition, which the Court accepts will be in the best interests not only of the club but also of its creditors.
@AltyDaz

highwayman

Scarborough FC go out of business
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 11:37:48 AM »

From BBC website:-

Scarborough FC go out of business 

The Seasiders had been accepted into the Unibond League for next season
Scarborough Football Club has gone out of business.
The former Football League club was wound up at Leeds High Court at a hearing on Wednesday morning.

Boro hoped the local council would lift a covenant on their McCain Stadium so it could be sold for residential use to cover debts and finance a new ground.

But the judge hearing the case felt a rescue package was unlikely in the face of mounting debts which include a sum of £820,000 owed to the Inland Revenue.

The Seasiders, formed 128 years ago and a League club until 1999, had been accepted into the UniBond League after suffering a second successive relegation last season.

That will no longer happen but supporters may now look to form a new club, playing at a lower level and ground-sharing with another local team.

Alty365

Re: Scarborough may be saved
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:44:36 AM »

Very sad news. I hope they are back soon. If Telford are the example to go by they'll certainly be stronger for it.

teasybeaver

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »

Very sad news.

You have to wonder if people will even be that bothered outside of scarborough though. To me it seems so easy these days for clubs to just re-invent themselves as 'AFC Scarborough' or whatever and climb back up the ladder at a rate of knots. Perhaps this is why people continue to run clubs into the ground because they know as long as the fan base exists the club will in one form or another!

It eases their conscience knowing that its practically impossible to delete a club from existence completely. I've lost heart with it all, there's no real way out. Fans will always keep the club alive and fame seeking business idiots will always take their chance at the big time with no real care for the consequences of failure.

We just have to accept that our level of football will see Scarborough's and Boston's over and over again. And when it really goes tits up we'll be seeing clubs in lower divisions robbed of the opportunity for promotion by the 'AFCs' of the modern football world. I wouldnt feel so strongly if it wasnt for the circumstances of some of these new clubs!

Idiots like FCUM are just turning it into a fashion to form a new club. In the light of all the clubs in Europe now with US owners how stupid does their futile cause look? Did they think Man U was the only club financed by debt? I'm glad they're having so much fun in lower league football, shame they have no idea what its really all about.

Gutted for the town and people of Scarborough, really am!

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 03:57:52 PM »

sad day to see them go under, a very sad day.

What would worry me if I were a scabby fan is that TWO separate groups seem to be wanting to re-form.

As we know when the going gets tough YOU MUST BE UNITED, YOU MUST HAVE A SINGLE VOICE.

If they cannot sort that issue out soon then they miss the chance to reform for the start of next season.

DarrenH

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 10:18:02 AM »

Very sad.
Hope the fans unite for the cause.
Another of my early Alty memories is Scarborough coming to ML in the middle of winter on a freezing day and a load of their fans walking around the ground without shirts on !!
Well 'ard !!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »

Rucorn, Scarborough and Enfield - all APL/Gola Lge winners - looks like were were even luckier than we all thought (which was very very lucky to begin with)

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »

Maidstone United
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scarborough may be saved