PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Signings
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Signings  (Read 4867 times)

teasybeaver

Re: New Signings
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 11:19:05 AM »

Anyone know if bowler of thompson have pitched up anywhere yet?

A lot of noise was made about those two at alty, id be suprised if they even got in conf north/south clubs as a result. there's so many players out there looking for contracts that two players who picked up a reputation for sitting on their contracts for a season stand no chance.

I thought those days were gone for alty, i really cant see it happening again.

Alty365

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »

I think its important to remember just how many players are available out there and the last thing we need to do is "panic buy" players. I would expect there to be lots of trialists when the friendlies get underway (including players from the reserves) and the onus will be on them all to prove they are worthy of a place in next seasons squad. As one of the top 5 part time clubs in the country we are in a very strong position and I have no doubt that players will be very interested in coming here. As the summer progresses we will see which players REALLY want to play here and then it's a question of choosing the best ones. I am confident we'll make the necessary improvements and take that next step in our progress up the conference. 

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »

Hold your nerve.  Long way to go yet.

Plus, I can't help feeling that eh conference will be a wee bit weaker this coming season at the bottom. OK 4 are going down (maybe??) but there are a cuple more likely candidates in Farsely and Salisbury.

Nobody is being complacent - just carefiul and being careful has got us a mighty long way in the past few years.

Steady Away.

DarrenH

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »

As discussed elsewhere most players contracts run until the 1st July so the picture will be a lot clearer for GH over the next couple of weeks

lukealty12

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 07:39:50 PM »

dont no but i heard today weve signed 2 more players one called lake or something like that couldnt hear the lad that well

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 08:20:42 PM »

if we want to compete above the bottom third of the table then i think we need atleast 4 new signings this summer otherwise we wont be competing as we would like to.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Signings