PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 IF WE GET PROMOTED ???
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: IF WE GET PROMOTED ???  (Read 5238 times)

old alty fan

IF WE GET PROMOTED ???
« on: March 30, 2019, 07:20:33 PM »

Genuine Question IF we get promoted through the play offs how many players would we need to bring in ? who would we have to let go ?

Would we go Full Time ?

Discuss away....

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: IF WE GET PROMOTED ???
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 07:46:06 PM »

Worry about it if  it happens

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 10:23:33 PM »

Poor question, play like we did today in the second half we won't get any where near to being promoted

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 10:45:06 AM »

I think its a good question and whats the harm in dreaming a little.  If we did then like last year I think we should try with the bulk of the squad, I think we would finish bottom 10 but would not go down.  To do better we would need to be full time, probably a centre mid, left winger and further attacking option
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »

I think its a good question and whats the harm in dreaming a little.  If we did then like last year I think we should try with the bulk of the squad, I think we would finish bottom 10 but would not go down.  To do better we would need to be full time, probably a centre mid, left winger and further attacking option

We’d certainly need to focus on additional income. Large number of southern sides that would require overnight stops (Dover, D&R, Ebbsfleet, probably Torquay) and whilst granted we’d enjoy bumper gates vs Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Salford/Wrexham overall with the large amount of SE based ex Isthmian/Southern league sides I don’t think over average attendance would go up that much from this season.I do think if the club is ever to acheive anything other than treading water in the National we actively have to consider going full time too.

As for the playing staff if this group pulled it off then as many of them as possible deserve a shot at the higher level but of course some of them with the extra travel won’t want it and some naturally will have to be let go. Playing the NW FL loan market will be very important too of course-another Ryan Shotton, Josh Ginnelly etc.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 01:04:36 PM »

We’d certainly need to focus on additional income. Large number of southern sides that would require overnight stops (Dover, D&R, Ebbsfleet, probably Torquay) and whilst granted we’d enjoy bumper gates vs Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Salford/Wrexham overall with the large amount of SE based ex Isthmian/Southern league sides I don’t think over average attendance would go up that much from this season.I do think if the club is ever to acheive anything other than treading water in the National we actively have to consider going full time too.

As for the playing staff if this group pulled it off then as many of them as possible deserve a shot at the higher level but of course some of them with the extra travel won’t want it and some naturally will have to be let go. Playing the NW FL loan market will be very important too of course-another Ryan Shotton, Josh Ginnelly etc.

I think it would help us build on the relationship we’ve already got going with Crewe Alex.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 04:51:30 PM »

We're certainly no worse than when we snuck up in 05 (granted that team had absolute warriors in it), I still think a long term keeper should be top of the shopping list.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 07:10:44 PM »

We're certainly no worse than when we snuck up in 05 (granted that team had absolute warriors in it), I still think a long term keeper should be top of the shopping list.

Agreed but the 2014 team has the edge I think over this one

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 10:18:19 PM »

This is what we'll sing . We are Alty super Alty Parky is our king
Come on you red and white........

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 09:49:47 AM »

Agreed but the 2014 team has the edge I think over this one

This team vs 2014 would be a superb game of football.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 10:01:21 AM »

It might be slightly hampered by having Jake Moult and Simon Richman playing for both sides simultaneously.

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 10:24:05 AM »

It is actually possible.

Wonder if parky would insist we go full time?

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 11:35:59 AM »

It might be slightly hampered by having Jake Moult and Simon Richman playing for both sides simultaneously.

It would be 2014 Moult and Richman vs 2019 Moult and Richman. And Densmore.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 12:23:13 PM »

It would be 2014 Moult and Richman vs 2019 Moult and Richman. And Densmore.

Hulme vs. Reevesy would be fascinating.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 10:23:46 AM »

2014 promotion side would beat this side comfortably.
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 IF WE GET PROMOTED ???