News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 White and Hancock

Author Topic: White and Hancock  (Read 3558 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
White and Hancock
« on: March 04, 2019, 12:28:58 PM »

Both made team of the week.

Well done
Full time and proud of it

Jezza

Re: White and Hancock
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 01:35:52 PM »

JJ should be a permanent fixture in the non league team of the week....constant threat, scores loads and all opposition fans envy us having him...

Well done andy and josh..

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »

Get 'em signed up.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »

Quirky stat:

Josh Hancock and Jordan Hulme have identical 'minutes per goal' records in the league this season (175).

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 05:51:22 PM »

Quirky stat:

Josh Hancock and Jordan Hulme have identical 'minutes per goal' records in the league this season (175).

Obviously want Poole fit but I am not sure we would be as high up the table had Poole been playing instead of Hancock. Even last season I believed Hancock was more influential in games. This season he has been even better. His link up play with the striker and movement is the best at the club and that's because, for me, he has the most intelligent footballing brain at the club.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:57:01 PM by oneedham »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 06:22:16 PM »

I still believe James Poole is an untapped diamond that due to his recent injuries this season and towards the end of last season has deprived the Alty faithful of seeing him at his best..
I can't wait to see him have a sustained run in the side...

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 06:33:49 PM »

I still believe James Poole is an untapped diamond that due to his recent injuries this season and towards the end of last season has deprived the Alty faithful of seeing him at his best..
I can't wait to see him have a sustained run in the side...

Quality player but I am not convinced he is what we need. For me he was often not up with play and there is no coincidence that Hulme scores more with Hancock. Poole also hits the deck a lot which would break our counter attacking play. However I would love to be proven wrong if it makes us a better team.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 06:42:30 PM »

I'm basing my opinion on people who know him really well and knew him when he was at Salford.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 07:18:33 PM »

I'm basing my opinion on people who know him really well and knew him when he was at Salford.

Let's hope so. He was very good for the majority of his time at Salford and his YouTube best bits are class to watch.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 08:39:46 AM »

James Poole is the biggest marquee signing the club have made in years with his pedigree at this level - I still can't quite believe we got him when he did.

Him and Hancock have differing qualities; whilst Hancock offers a more energetic attacking threat, nobody can hold the ball up like Poole (and yes, sometimes he wins free kicks to take the pressure off the team a bit).

When we went off the boil this season, more often than not we couldn't make the ball stick up top during periods of pressure, which eventually told.

The misfortune Hancock had of sorts is that he can do a job on the wing, whereas Poole has to be played through the middle, simple as that.

I'd still love to see them in the same team again because of the different things they offer - and I hope we still get to see Poole at something approaching his best because (imo) he's the most gifted player on the ball we've had since Tom Kearney.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 12:56:59 PM »

To Distance Traveller, understand what you say about an extended run. Totally agree but at the expense of whom?

To Marple Alty, again would not disagree with you but its a non disputed fact statistics, goals and end product count!!!! 

Would love to see an extended run for Josh and James to play together but not sure there's room for both luxury's in the team??????????  Again, at the expense of whom?

To me its one or the other. Thankfully its not my choice !!!!!!!!!!!!

SBL

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 01:25:34 PM »

To Distance Traveller, understand what you say about an extended run. Totally agree but at the expense of whom?

To Marple Alty, again would not disagree with you but its a non disputed fact statistics, goals and end product count!!!! 

Would love to see an extended run for Josh and James to play together but not sure there's room for both luxury's in the team??????????  Again, at the expense of whom?

SBL

I think it would be doable in theory but would require a system change.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 01:31:33 PM »

For me Josh starts every time if he's fit,... but I could see them both playing against weaker opponents who sit back and need breaking down.
They are both quality players and very happy for them both to be at Alty,.. just a pity James has had bad luck this year with injuries.
If we did find ourselves promoted then BOTH would be a fantastic asset in NL.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 03:40:06 PM »

SBL
That would be a conundrum for PP to deal with, I would like to see him possibly just behind Jordon. I'm sure having both Hancock & Poole fit, does give PP more options for a plan B scenario if things are going a bit pear shaped.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 White and Hancock