PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Chester match thread  (Read 16112 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester match thread
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2019, 08:35:32 AM »

sean williams has won me over at last. especially with these attempted paul scholes type volleys from corners. can't wait to see one go in. the sending off was totally justified, and should have happened earlier as he should have been booked early in the first half. once he'd gone they started to behave themselves and got opened up. it was good that alty scored so quickly after the red card as it stopped chester from sitting back too much.

Pwill

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2019, 10:53:29 AM »

Would be much too harsh to drop the Pig in fairness. As such a big lad, he also plays a vital role when opponents get corners.

does anyone know when his loan expires ?
It's a youth loan - we've got him all season.

I’d be surprised if Wigan don’t recall him before long. He’s far too good for this level.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2019, 11:16:27 AM »

Thought we were superb yesterday again. Well done to the team and for arranging the ground properly, what a decent atmosphere and good match day experience for the supporters, many thanks and let’s see this become the norm.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »

Would be much too harsh to drop the Pig in fairness. As such a big lad, he also plays a vital role when opponents get corners.

I’d be surprised if Wigan don’t recall him before long. He’s far too good for this level.

I don't actually think he is too good for this level and he will learn a lot. You can see at times that he holds onto the ball a tad too long which he would probably get away with at Under 21 level. This is a tough physical league that he will gain valuable experience from. Certainly a different class to Dack or whatever his name was. I do rate him but just needs to retain the ball more often. Jordan won corners when he came and we just generally gelled better, albeit they had 10 men.

Old Alt

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2019, 02:47:06 PM »

I don't actually think he is too good for this level and he will learn a lot. You can see at times that he holds onto the ball a tad too long which he would probably get away with at Under 21 level. This is a tough physical league that he will gain valuable experience from. Certainly a different class to Dack or whatever his name was. I do rate him but just needs to retain the ball more often. Jordan won corners when he came and we just generally gelled better, albeit they had 10 men.

I don't think he was fit when he arrived, in the second half against FC United, he looked very tired and PP referenced his fitness in one of his post match interviews. He is getting fitter and starting to look a better player, but in this league you get a few bigger, stronger and older centre  backs.
With two games in four days, having some options gives us chance to use more players, you could tell that with the substitutes on Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester match thread