PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Chester match thread  (Read 16128 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester match thread
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 09:10:50 PM »

I hope our stewards are given the support and not allowed to be bullied again.like the last game.
It's all my fault.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 10:54:07 PM »

In full agreement with the posts above , 100% the away Chester fans should be put on the away end and just on the away end. Home fans should be able to go down to the far corner when were kicking that way and this creating a far better atmosphere. let's make sure we get fully behind the lads on Saturday in what we all know and agree is a massive game. Come on alty!!!
Fine sentiments but we have the same discussion multiple times per season, always with the same result.
I fully expect to watch half of Saturday’s game through a crappy fence.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Dave Acton Jnr

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 08:09:09 AM »

would just like to think at some point basic logic, taking what benefit we possibly can from home advantage and the opinion off numerous weekly paying loyal fans will shine through over some away fans having to plan to wear a coat. The away end officially can house ( I think 1400ish?) So should be deemed totally fine for around 500 away fans , I understand in cases like the new years day county game fully where extra away room was needed but not in games like this. If I was going to an away game id either accept how there away end is and get on with it or if the threat off rain worried me that much I wouldnt go I wouldn't expect to arrive at the ground and then start demanding which covered areas off the home sections I want to watch the game from. If the game is segregated where it should be it also means all home and away fans will be able to get a better view/or have the option off a better view off the game, and id personally say also reduces what can be far more high tempered verbal exchanges during a big local game through a mesh fence separating the fans than having a larger sterile area at the corner and this meaning the usual normal songs ,odd hand signal and football banter between fans.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »

would just like to think at some point basic logic, taking what benefit we possibly can from home advantage and the opinion off numerous weekly paying loyal fans will shine through over some away fans having to plan to wear a coat. The away end officially can house ( I think 1400ish?) So should be deemed totally fine for around 500 away fans , I understand in cases like the new years day county game fully where extra away room was needed but not in games like this. If I was going to an away game id either accept how there away end is and get on with it or if the threat off rain worried me that much I wouldnt go I wouldn't expect to arrive at the ground and then start demanding which covered areas off the home sections I want to watch the game from. If the game is segregated where it should be it also means all home and away fans will be able to get a better view/or have the option off a better view off the game, and id personally say also reduces what can be far more high tempered verbal exchanges during a big local game through a mesh fence separating the fans than having a larger sterile area at the corner and this meaning the usual normal songs ,odd hand signal and football banter between fans.

Excellent post, agree 100%

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »

In full agreement with the posts above , 100% the away Chester fans should be put on the away end and just on the away end. Home fans should be able to go down to the far corner when were kicking that way and this creating a far better atmosphere. let's make sure we get fully behind the lads on Saturday in what we all know and agree is a massive game. Come on alty!!!
Fine sentiments but we have the same discussion multiple times per season, always with the same result.
I fully expect to watch half of Saturday’s game through a crappy fence.

If we're segregated at half way we should just stay on the Golf Road End to be honest.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 09:27:52 AM »

https://twitter.com/chesterfc/status/1101133867073847297?s=21

Bring an umbrella for goodness sake. There is none of this nonsense at Southport or york. The away end holds 1400, only wrexham and stockport need provison for any other area of the stadium.

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 09:36:51 AM »

I'd be fine with a 1/2 and 1/2 compromise - allowing us to use our home facilities in the first half and then, weather permitting, giving them access to the final third of the pop side once we are back on the Golf Road End. Anything more than that would be a complete farce.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 11:55:36 AM »

So annoying as the board should recognise that the best atmosphere is always in that far corner and makes a huge difference to the performance of the team. I feel the atmosphere at home has been flat and it will be a poor decision to allow them more room.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2019, 03:31:31 PM »

I still remember one of our fans being attacked in the Golf Road end by a Chester "fan". Put them out on the Chequers End - it's what they deserve.

decman7

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2019, 08:48:26 PM »

All football matches should start segregated. Especially big games and crucial games like tomorrow. If I go to Southport and rain is forecast, I expect to get wet. We give teams far too much of a homely welcome when they come to Moss Lane. With the weather the way it could be tomorrow, I fully expect Chester fans to be accommodated. Id love to be proved wrong.

It does affect the atmosphere massively, as our fans have a habit of standing as far away from each other as physically possible.

However what does affect the atmosphere the most is people actually singing. Not everyone goes to the football to sing and I get that, but if you think the atmosphere is flat, try starting a song or joining in the the countless ones we do start. The atmosphere will improve massively. Some of the best aways this year for me have been the smaller ones, Brackley, Boston and Hereford. Not tons of us there, but you could hear us.

So get behind them tomorrow. Chester have a decent away following and we need to be loud.

Up The Robins

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2019, 08:58:51 AM »

Great opportunity for the powers that be to listen to the fans . The customers .

Time will tell
Come on you red and white........

andrewflynn

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2019, 01:16:10 PM »

Informed we will have the entirety of the pop side today. As it should be. Come on Alty!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2019, 01:20:11 PM »

Good. Just need it to rain now
Full time and proud of it

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2019, 02:43:47 PM »

Altrincham line-up: 1) Thompson, 2) White, 3) Hampson, 4) Jones, 5) Hannigan, 6) Moult (C), 7) Johnston, 8) Williams, 9) Piggott, 10) Hancock, 11) Ceesay.
substitutes: 12) Dolan, 14) Richman, 15) Hulme, 16) Densmore, 20) Drench.
Harold

Old Alt

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2019, 05:12:57 PM »

Looking at the result 4-0 seems an easy win, but it was nothing of the sort, a really hard-fought win....and 10 goals in two games...two clean sheets....back to 5th place.....well done boys
Chester looked well organised in the first half but once the player got sent off, we took advantage, they never really had a clear chance in the game, and in the second half they were pretty poor, I can't see that manageent team being at Chester next season.
As for us, we are back to our pre-Christmas form, and to do it in front of a crowd of 1700 was event better.
Play off's here we come....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:18:33 PM by Old Alt »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester match thread