PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Chester match thread  (Read 16135 times)

roytonmike

Re: Chester match thread
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 09:47:14 PM »

I suppose selection for Saturday might depend on just how physical (or do I mean brutal?) the ex-Salford duo's centre-halves might be. The more agricultural their approach is judged likely to be, the more it might make sense to pick Hulme - but will he have learned any lessons during his lay-off? Thank God I don't have to find the answer to this conundrum - I gladly place my trust in the collective judgment of Messrs. Parkinson & Sorvell!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »

Big game Saturday.
It would be nice to have a decent ref...
Q. Are they any decent referees in this league....

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 02:46:20 PM »

Big game Saturday.
It would be nice to have a decent ref...
Q. Are they any decent referees in this league....
A. Maybe one or two, so most games won't get one.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 10:31:57 AM »

Alty 5/4
Draw 13/5
Chester 17/10

A pivotal game on Saturday. I just hope to high hell that the club have learnt from the embarrassment of 16/02/16 when we last had a key game against chester at the bottom of the conference. When we surrendered home advantage due to a few agitators amongst the away support moaning about being uncovered and got spanked 0-3 and left home supporters with no where to stand during one half. It was that disheartening most people left the ground long before full time. Our supporters need to be able to stand in the corner of the popular side when shooting towards the chequers end, it’s as simple as that. We are at home and we need to win this game and have every advantage available. So I just hope people who make these decisions read this and
Think on. We cannot be having a rerun of that night. And spend the next few months thinking what might have been whilst chester sail off in to the National league on the back of 3 points here spurred on by a bouyant away support being more well though of than those that come
Here every week.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 10:49:57 AM »

Good post, I agree. We need to take full advantage of a tough home fixture against a Chester team that will be desperate to gain 3 points.
If we put in a similar performance as we did at there place then we can do the double over one of the top sides in this league.

The weather looks to be breezy with showers, bring a brolly and a coat you Chester fans.

Alty 3-1 Chester (Jordon to score on his return)
Att 1643
Cmon Alty

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »

Our supporters need to be able to stand in the corner of the popular side when shooting towards the chequers end, it’s as simple as that. We are at home and we need to win this game and have every advantage available. So I just hope people who make these decisions read this and think on. We cannot be having a rerun of that night. And spend the next few months thinking what might have been whilst chester sail off in to the National league on the back of 3 points here spurred on by a buoyant away support being more well though of than those that come here every week.

Absolutely. Please get it right, Alty.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 12:25:44 PM »

Our supporters need to be able to stand in the corner of the popular side when shooting towards the chequers end, it’s as simple as that. We are at home and we need to win this game and have every advantage available. So I just hope people who make these decisions read this and think on. We cannot be having a rerun of that night. And spend the next few months thinking what might have been whilst chester sail off in to the National league on the back of 3 points here spurred on by a buoyant away support being more well though of than those that come here every week.

Absolutely. Please get it right, Alty.

Won't happen.

If our wingers are better than their full backs and we can get our full backs to push on we'll win

Alty 2-0 Chester. Hulme white
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 03:10:28 PM »

Alty 5/4
Draw 13/5
Chester 17/10

A pivotal game on Saturday. I just hope to high hell that the club have learnt from the embarrassment of 16/02/16 when we last had a key game against chester at the bottom of the conference. When we surrendered home advantage due to a few agitators amongst the away support moaning about being uncovered and got spanked 0-3 and left home supporters with no where to stand during one half. It was that disheartening most people left the ground long before full time. Our supporters need to be able to stand in the corner of the popular side when shooting towards the chequers end, it’s as simple as that. We are at home and we need to win this game and have every advantage available. So I just hope people who make these decisions read this and
Think on. We cannot be having a rerun of that night. And spend the next few months thinking what might have been whilst chester sail off in to the National league on the back of 3 points here spurred on by a bouyant away support being more well though of than those that come
Here every week.

Agreed. Need our fans in that far corner when shooting towards the away end. Makes a big difference in atmosphere. We are far too soft at accommodating away supporters.

Dave Acton Jnr

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »

In full agreement with the posts above , 100% the away Chester fans should be put on the away end and just on the away end. Home fans should be able to go down to the far corner when were kicking that way and this creating a far better atmosphere. let's make sure we get fully behind the lads on Saturday in what we all know and agree is a massive game. Come on alty!!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2019, 04:28:50 PM »

They're already discussing access to the "covered area" ie, the home end on their forum so it wouldn't surprise me if we crumble under the first sign of pressure and let them in there.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »

Just put a notice on the home turnstiles stating that any visiting fans found not in the designated away end will be evicted. Also ring  Chester FC and tell the powers that be of our intentions. FFS let's not have them all around the ground... It's not rocket science...

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 04:59:53 PM »

or stewards outside the turnstiles as most other clubs do.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 06:17:46 PM »

100% agree with all of the above-the stewards standing up to the first finger jabbing scouser is the key. The away end is perfectly adequate for their 500 fans. If they want to stay dry they can sit in the stands. We should be 100% maximising home advantage against a key play off rival.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »

Really hope our decision makers read this topic and act positively to posters wishes.. it will create a positive atmosphere for the fans and players alike.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 08:35:24 PM »

Some people may remember the last time we played Chester at home , which was on  a Tuesday night during the season we got relegated from the NL, and coincided with a group of lads attaching themselves to the club trying to kick off with away fans at various home games during that season. There are still a few of them around at home games though I've not seen them trying to start trouble, since then, this match may bring a few of their mates out of the woodwork. On that night it  kicked off outside the ground at the Moss Lane/Golf Road corner with a couple of bottles thrown by each group of Alty and Chester lads at each other, before fights breaking out further down Moss Lane near Stamford Park, before police arrived. I hope the club have made arrangements for adequate policing of the game on Saturday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester match thread