PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thompson, winger and forward
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Thompson, winger and forward  (Read 8606 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 01, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »

I don't care for his second half save. The lad is full of mistakes.

I watched the first half from the side he should have been off his line for their goal a lot quicker. He's like a tank. Sick of mentioning his poor kicking or even worst...air kicking.

What must Wynne think? I am a fan of PP but he has become stubborn with him Thompson.

Let's just use Hinchliffe as an example , I have seen 3 of the 4 games against Stockport this season and he doesn't put a foot wrong.

A keeper is a vital position to have someone reliable and decent. It gives the defence confidence.

Defo need to look into another wide man as Mantack is most definately not the answer. Would be amazing to have either Dale or Hemmings. We need a player of their mould. Mantack is lightweight, poor confidence and has awful distribution. Plus we need JJ on the right in this league to open the middle of the park up.

We need some sort of backup to Jordan. Maybe a winger who can play wide or upfront.

For now we must go with Wynne and maybe Harrop out wide left.

Stockport are well drilled and organised. Their right back is very good, every game he has been their best player. They were much stronger than us, even though they spent a lot of the game on the turf.

We need a result and quickly.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 05:33:20 PM by oneedham »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Thompson, winger and forward
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »

Good post , agree with that. The Thompson situation is becoming a bit of a joke to be honest. I appreciate that Parky is wanting his team to play out from the back but we are over doing the sideways and backwards passes.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »

Good post , agree with that. The Thompson situation is becoming a bit of a joke to be honest. I appreciate that Parky is wanting his team to play out from the back but we are over doing the sideways and backwards passes.

I enjoy us playing from the back when we are comfortable but we need to mix it up. As my bro said we looked more dangerous going long in the second half.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 05:34:00 PM by oneedham »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »

1 shot on target all game . Depressing that
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 05:46:31 PM »

Poor recruitment close season...
Thommo did make amends with a good save.
But i dont think parky can tell the difference in quality needed at this level...which isnt actually that much..

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 05:54:45 PM »

I like TT but he really should have been given a rest from about 3 games ago.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 05:56:41 PM »

Poor recruitment close season...
Thommo did make amends with a good save.
But i dont think parky can tell the difference in quality needed at this level...which isnt actually that much..

Just far too many mistakes for a keeper. Rubbish at decision making and does at least a couple of mistakes each game. Gives the ball back to the other team so often by his terrible distribution.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 06:13:26 PM »

We cant just blame the keeper . 1 shot all game 1 . Awful
ParkINson's red and white army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 06:21:22 PM »

Thompson is nowhere near good enough for this league. His shot stopping is quite good but he doesn’t command his box at all,is poor on crosses and his kicking is dreadful. I thought overall today Stockport were a country mile better than us and look a decent well organised outfit. Alty on the other hand lacked creativity and wouldn’t have scored if we’d played til midnight!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »

It was the tiniest of tiniest hesitations today, but it gave their striker just enough time to reach the ball first for their goal. No hesitations whatsoever from their superb keeper Hinchcliffe. It must be a dream for the defence to know he is behind them.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 06:29:24 PM »

Hinchcliffe hasn't had too much to do against us in the last 2 games to be honest. But was he has had to do he's looked solid in doing.

To be fair to Tony T he made a couple of good saves and has had some shocking back passes to deal with in recent games - the pass from Jones today for his air shot was plain daft.

Agree that Wynne's chance in net is long overdue now though.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »

Hinchcliffe hasn't had too much to do against us in the last 2 games to be honest. But was he has had to do he's looked solid in doing.

To be fair to Tony T he made a couple of good saves and has had some shocking back passes to deal with in recent games - the pass from Jones today for his air shot was plain daft.

Agree that Wynne's chance in net is long overdue now though.

One of those good saves wouldn't have been necessary if he'd done his job properly with the original cross. His positioning today was dreadful.

Mantack would struggle in the league below - losing Hemmings so soon is a massive loss.

Sang was a little better than at Guiseley and may yet turn out OK. Richman would have been my choice for MOM.

No complaints, best side won. If we make the playoffs - and there's no reason why we shouldn't - we have to hope that County win the League. If we have to play them again, we're at a tremendous psychological disadvantage.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 07:42:08 PM »

Thompson always felt like a bit of sentimental contract offer in the summer, and unfortunately it’s turned out that way. But did anyone really see anything in Wynn earlier in the season to suggest that he was any better? I’m not sure I did.

What you need at this level, to be a play-off side, is one higher-calibre first choice keeper that everyone has confidence in, and one bench warmer to balance the budget. What we’ve got instead is 2 keepers of similar (average) standard. Neither of which would get into the first team of another top half Conf North side.

Wouldn’t argue with anyone else who wants to swap them round and give Wynn a run in the side. But I’m just not sure how much difference it’s really going to make.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 07:45:36 PM »

Thompson always felt like a bit of sentimental contract offer in the summer, and unfortunately it’s turned out that way. But did anyone really see anything in Wynn earlier in the season to suggest that he was any better? I’m not sure I did.

What you need at this level, to be a play-off side, is one higher-calibre first choice keeper that everyone has confidence in, and one bench warmer to balance the budget. What we’ve got instead is 2 keepers of similar (average) standard. Neither of which would get into the first team of another top half Conf North side.

Wouldn’t argue with anyone else who wants to swap them round and give Wynn a run in the side. But I’m just not sure how much difference it’s really going to make.

100% agree, we need a new keeper. It is vital.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 07:46:48 PM »

I'd agree with One foot in the grave. Thompson isn't the reason we lost today but we need to be more solid at the back. Haven't seen enough of Wynne to judge.  Mantek though was lightweight today. Massive gulf between him and Dale. Dale got a game today so not much chance of getting him back.

I thought Stockport were far more savvy about playing the referee AGAIN!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team