News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today’s red card

Author Topic: Today’s red card  (Read 4030 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Today’s red card
« on: December 15, 2018, 10:31:34 PM »

I didn’t see it from the corner I was stood in but if as is being reported

“the loss of Alty's leading scorer Jordan Hulme to a very controversial red card will be seen as a much bigger blow to the club. Hulme was shown a straight red by referee Swallow, having caught Jamie Stott with his studs when the front-man was quite clearly trying to avoid the prostrate County man.”

The incident will be on video and surely worth an appeal

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today’s red card
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 11:45:34 PM »

It was a straight red
Full time and proud of it

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:17:22 AM »

Just watched it on youtube.

From the Golf Rd at the time I thought the stockport player slid in and made a good old fashioned sliding tackle and as he slid past caught Jordan foot who jumped out of the way...

The video evidence confirms this....while Jordan has his foot raised as a normal part of stretching and running to get to the ball the challenge came in quickly and he hopped out of the way

What the video did not show was the stockport player jumping up and running quite happily off once the red card had been issued.

A County player did exactly the same thing later in the game jumping up as if shot and writhing around neymar style to a nothing challenge....sad to see as county played some good stuff but this is clearly a pre arranged tactic of theirs.

I hope justice is done for Jordan and we get the card rescinded...it was a nothing challenge on a slippy pitch and Jordan clearly lifts his boot to get to get out of the way.

The ref had a shocker well up to the usual standard but was clearly determined to have his starring moment.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 10:45:27 AM »

I think we should appeal that. No doubt Jordan foot ended up on the player but where the hell was he was suppose to land after their player had slid in?
Jordan will be a huge miss. I would play Harrop as No.9 and Hancock No.10. Then have Hemmings and JJ on the wings with Richman and Moult CM.
Harrop isn't a striker but is nippy and has quick feet. Can't think of anyone else for the role.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 10:52:22 AM »

I think we should appeal that. No doubt Jordan foot ended up on the player but where the hell was he was suppose to land after their player had slid in?
Jordan will be a huge miss. I would play Harrop as No.9 and Hancock No.10. Then have Hemmings and JJ on the wings with Richman and Moult CM.
Harrop isn't a striker but is nippy and has quick feet. Can't think of anyone else for the role.

The best option at the moment but a striker on loan is better imo

anglo alty

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »

We can appeal, don't think it will do much good, the authorities don't like to admit that one of their own got it wrong especially when he was conned by the Stockport player. Quite how we are meant to stamp this out when the authorities won't even acknowledge its existence beggars belief.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 12:39:07 PM »

By the letter of the law is it a red card whether it was an accident or not. The laws don't allow a referee to judge whether violent conduct or a bad challenge is accidental or not. The player has to prevent an accident. Looking at the Stockport highlights, though it is not the best angle, Jordan Hulme looks like he has left a foot on the player. Whether he meant it or not it is a red card offence.
They really should be beating teams like us

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 12:57:22 PM »

By the letter of the law is it a red card whether it was an accident or not. The laws don't allow a referee to judge whether violent conduct or a bad challenge is accidental or not. The player has to prevent an accident. Looking at the Stockport highlights, though it is not the best angle, Jordan Hulme looks like he has left a foot on the player. Whether he meant it or not it is a red card offence.

Maybe so but if contact was unavoidable due to him being in the air then surely it can be reduced to one match ban and not 3 as violent conduct?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 01:13:03 PM »

Whether the player got up and ran away afterwards is neither here or there. A player doesn't need to be taken to hospital in an ambulance to justify a sending off.

Jordan is not jumping to avoid the tackle, he is jumping into the tackle, then appears to bring one foot deliberately down on the player. I say appears to as we would need to ask Jordan what his intentions were. The ref has to go off what he sees, and we have to believe that his opinion was that Jordan's actions were reckless and dangerous.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 11:14:11 PM »

I would if we haven't already run the video by Antony Taylor and ask his opinion over the sending off and possible appeal.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »

There's an argument for pushing Hancock into No9 and having Williams / Poole (is he fit?) / possibly Harrop in number 10, as they're all capable of doing a decent job there - but we really do need a finisher up top and Hancock can do that.

Best option all round is loaning someone in.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today’s red card