PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gate price rise
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gate price rise  (Read 9848 times)

Fred Elliot

Gate price rise
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:41:41 PM »

Prices up £2 for adults £1 concessionary. Club says great value ? The season ticket looks even more excellent value now. No news on pie prices though

Alty365

Re: Gate price rise
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:46:40 PM »

£12 is still the cheapest in the division and staying in the Blue Square Premier is worth every extra penny in my opinion.

Still, if you can afford a season ticket, go get one - they're amazing value!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:01:43 PM »

lets hope the extra couple of quid doesnt put floating fans off -probably depends on how we are playing

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:15:14 PM »

I think the extra couple of quid will enable us to have a slightly bigger playing budget and hopefully a better team as a result. This should lead to better performances and results. I think it's results that are a bigger influence on the floating fans in all honesty. I know of people who will pay £12 to watch us in Blue Square Premier who would not have paid £10 to watch us regularly in Blue Square North. It's all down to the standard of football at the end of the day. Away turnouts won't be affected by the price as we are still the cheapest ground to visit in this league.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 11:19:51 PM »

Club says great value ?

Isn't it ? I think if we're honest it's what you'd expect to pay, like we said cheapest at this level. I don't think it could go any more though.

I've discussed this a lot and always been of the £10 is a nice round number for floating fans etc group. However, I think it's probably the  right time for a slight change. The club ahve been good in trying to keep prices down but this is really necessary if we're honest. Unlike the Premiership where it is dwarfed by tv money anyway and there is no need, where it just goes to line the pockets of unscrupulous agents or foreign mercenaries here it makes a huge difference.

An extra £2 on a gate of 1000 is £2000 near enough, call it £1700 after costs, £850 a week, that's 2 good standard conference players Tinson and Little compared to AScott and Kieran Lugsden.

Whilst I think it may slightly decrease the attendances it's best to do it at a time of growth and in a position of relative strength if you see what I mean. Seeing as we've given up on ever having a cup run of any sort ever again it's a necessary evil. It's still good value for the nippers and hopefully this will allow us to fund some of our community projects a lot more. If it can be helped to make the matchday experience, food, drinks, decent tv in the bar, bigger bar area etc then I think it's well worth it.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 11:20:24 PM »

I think the extra couple of quid will enable us to have a slightly bigger playing budget and hopefully a better team as a result. This should lead to better performances and results. I think it's results that are a bigger influence on the floating fans in all honesty. I know of people who will pay £12 to watch us in Blue Square Premier who would not have paid £10 to watch us regularly in Blue Square North. It's all down to the standard of football at the end of the day. Away turnouts won't be affected by the price as we are still the cheapest ground to visit in this league.

cheapest or joint cheapest ?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 11:26:04 PM »

Does it matter? If you can't watch BSP football for less then it's the cheapest it can be isn't it?

baldrick

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:20:28 AM »

It depends how you look at it. On the negative side a 20% increase is a lot. But on the positive side £12 is not too much to ask and the extra income will help the club move forward. The season ticket looks to be the best option especially as it gives free entry to friendlies and guarantees a ticket for the cup game against Manchester United(it has to happen eventually)

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 08:50:40 AM »

Glad I got my season ticket, but I still would have paid £12.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 10:31:48 AM »

I honestly can't see the increase deterring anyone, surely? What floating fan is going to turn up, see the price and get back in his car and drive off? £12 is decent value for BSP football, and as cheap as you will find. Some Ryman clubs down here charge £10-11.

As someone said its £2000 more each fortnight. Vital to get the squad to what is needed to compete properly.

And its not strictly 20% is it, its the first price increase for 3 seasons if my memory is correct?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 10:47:36 AM »

Agreed its only 20% because there was not rise after promtion last year.

There is no point in being the cheapest club by £3/£4 and then saying we can't compete for players and have no money.

Some uneducated locals may think that £12 is a little dear but they need to realise a club in their town plays at the top level of non league football.  And that its £15 to get quite a few other grounds.

Its the right decision in my book and I am the worlds skintest man!

teasybeaver

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 11:40:39 AM »

It will also mean more change in peoples pockets. Good for snack bar, NWS and most importantly GW and the bucket crew!

Note: 'bucket' was not a reference to the popular 90's form of soft drug consumption.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »

I'm minted so it really doesn't bother me.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

£12 is still the cheapest in the division

Farsley Celtic are only charging a tenner for adults this season.

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 12:13:55 PM »

I know why the club have done it...they had to in order compete at the higher level.

But I was overstretched last year getting to whatever games I can...the season ticket is superb value but I just haven't got the readies...and it's hard to justify spending that sort of money to the missus or myself when there are bills to pay etc etc

Full marks to the positive outlook that putting the price up means more change in people's pockets though!

Congratulations to the club on keeping us the cheapest, hopefully for everyone like me there are two new fans who are minted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gate price rise