PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Farsley Celtic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Farsley Celtic  (Read 18407 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Farsley Celtic
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 11:11:29 PM »

We can beat every team in this league with that sort of tempo. Ten minutes of that on Saturday and we'd have still been in the FA Cup. They need to replicate this every week, Farsley were blowing out of their arse by half time. And the home supporters have to hold these officials to account. The freekick that led to the first goal was a red card all day long. We must get on these officials backs collectively from the first one in every game and make it know we will not accept these levels of officiating

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 11:16:16 PM »

Well done lads, by any stretch beating the team who were joint top pre-game 6-0 is tremendous.

Onto Saturday now, I see Maggie Thatcher's boys have lost 4 of their last 5 in all competitions with 12 conceded, time to dish out another beating I hope.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 11:20:52 PM »

Well, given the amount of shots/corners/possession we've had recently, somebody was going to get a hiding. Let's see if we can exercise a bit of consistency now. Thought we'd win both matches and still do. Well done everybody.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 11:40:59 PM »

JJ imense tonight - on 85 mins sprinted 100m zig zag fashion and closed down their entire back four in their own 18 yd box

This is what we should be capable of most weeks - not big scores - but bossing teams

As Mr Mogg says another ref who misses the key moments  -
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 11:56:12 PM »

JJ imense tonight - on 85 mins sprinted 100m zig zag fashion and closed down their entire back four in their own 18 yd box

This is what we should be capable of most weeks - not big scores - but bossing teams

As Mr Mogg says another ref who misses the key moments  -
The ref didn't miss ANY of the key moments. He simply dealt with them inadequately. Two of the yellow cards, including Walshaw, were  definite reds. Another was borderline.

Sore losers, no class.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:16:23 AM by One Foot in the Grave »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 12:21:37 AM »

Obviously an excellent result against a team who were somehow high in the table (somehow? Their home form is vastly better than away, and they have had a lot of home games) and it was good to see us compete so well against a very physical team, considering the doubts expressed against the team's temperament or stomach for a battle.

I long had a feeling that the team would or could click and give someone a thrashing, but didn't think it would be against a club third in the table!

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 12:25:10 AM »

Little doubt that tonight's performance was the best I've seen for a very long time.  As someone posted earlier, there have been a few games that have made me think that a fat shoreline was possible, but this evening's performance finally realised these hopes.  Both JJ, looks full of confidence (rightly so) and Djembo-Lita, stood out for me but there were lots of positives from across the team.

I hope they enjoyed the shared celebration with the fans at the end of the match.  They must remember that feeling ahead of the weekend game as developing that winning mindset makes a huge difference.  Happier tonight.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 02:25:53 AM »

As comprehensive a dismantling as I can remember and that includes 8-0 vs Hinckley and 7-1 vs Boston. They couldn't handle JJ's pace or our counter attacking and I thought the back four were very solid throughout. A word too for Sheridan whose cross field passing was excellent. I'd give us the credit for making them look as poor as they did, you don't become inept sat joint 2nd in the league by accident. What we saw tonight was the 90 minutes the team has promised us in patches up to now, their challenge is to replicate it for the remainder of the season. If they can I think we've every chance of promotion, provided the referees allow us to get eleven fit players on the pitch - their interpretation of the laws of the game continue to mystify.

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »

A superb response to the shildon game.

Onwards and upwards...we are in this to win it.

We will tend to do well against sides who dont close us down...farsley were late into every tackle...we will need to be as clinical against the more organised 'weaker' opposition...

Well done pp and the team

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 07:06:33 AM »

What a performance and, as said by others, it was inevitable that it was coming and that someone was going to get a good hiding.

How good are we potentially going to be with a fit Poole and Miller?

The league's that poor that practically anyone could win it so why can't we and with performances like that we will.

From 1 -11 we were immense but the stars of the show have to be JJ and Sheridan, but they were all good.

Still left scratching my head as to how we lost at Shildon but that's done now and we are on to Saturday.

Proud to be an Alty fan today and looking forward to Saturday.

Well done to all involved.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 09:16:56 AM »

Excellent result tonight marred in my eyes by a referee who was limp to say the least. No one wants to see players sent off unnecessarily however they should have had 2 red cards tonight and got off lucky with that. 

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 09:23:19 AM »

And,   just looked at the league tables. We are the second joint top scorers in the league with 19 goals. Have a guess who (somehow) have 1 more? U got it Farsley. Ironic ehh!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »

Finally go home after midnight due to fkn overnight roadwork closures on the M56 and A49...

Well we swept Farley aside with ease tonight, a great team performance. Watching JJ will always have you on the edge of your seat and is a great asset to the club..

Well chuffed with this display and we should fear nobody if we play like that.. Mr Walshaw was kept in his box tonight by our defence

The only down side was yet another set of incompetent officials

Well done one and all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:19:09 PM by distancetraveller »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 11:01:25 AM »

Farsley at 2/1 is great odds!
I hope you weren't tempted!

Haha No I didn't bother. Great win,let's hope this kicks the season off now.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 07:29:26 PM »

Well done tonight lads, great response after the debacle at Shildon.

Against the dirtiest team I have seen in an age you played them off the park, 80 minutes before they got a shot on target. Pity more did not witness it, I hope a few more supporters start coming back. On that performance the team deserve it.

Last evening's official gate of 497 was our lowest attendance for a home league fixture since Tuesday, 7th December 2004, when we recorded a 3-1 victory against Vauxhall Motors in the Nationwide North (attendance on that particular evening: 478).

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:32:16 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Farsley Celtic