PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Town
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nantwich Town  (Read 12127 times)

Jezza

Re: Nantwich Town
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »

Mr Rage,
I'm sure you'd think the same about Damian Reeves if he was in our side at the moment....yet he is banging them in for fun again for shaw lane....

He does get into goal scoring positions and does score goals when the service comes to him...but he is running his socks off outside the penalty area much like damian did all last season...he shows good control and passing he's just always too far away from goal to have an impact.

I'd like to see Amiss play alongside Hulme and have poole if fit playing behind them both...have one winger alternating wings (miller or JJ) or miller on left jj on right....

I think even when poole is fit he plays behind Hulme instead of alongside him.....and any striker would suffer as a result...

As an addition at corners I guess everyone notices that poole goes across in case a short corner can be on....this takes two defenders out of the box so an extra forward like amiss may just be able to score from a corner...that would be a rarity!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:35:57 PM by The Thriving Jezza »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »

I don't think we should panic, excepting the game away at Workington our formation has been solid for the last 6 games.  As for Parkinson what disgraceful comments by VofD.  Ok we got knocked out of the cup but seriously what do you expect this year?  It was always going to be an ask to turn the ship immediately, as long as we keep picking up points this month we will be there or there abouts come may
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 03:25:07 PM »

Yep, agree with Jezza on this one. Hulme AND Amis for me, with Poole behind them. Would go so far as to omit the wingers altogether (too lightweight and predictable) and go with 3 centre mids (we are very ineffective there). We need to be more narrow and more direct and win this league ugly. With some small tweaks we will be okay; is PP brave enough to change things?

AltySupporter

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »

I don't think we should panic, excepting the game away at Workington our formation has been solid for the last 6 games.  As for Parkinson what disgraceful comments by VofD.  Ok we got knocked out of the cup but seriously what do you expect this year?  It was always going to be an ask to turn the ship immediately, as long as we keep picking up points this month we will be there or there abouts come may

Very sensible and realistic post. We don't need to hear from full time whingers who wouldn't be happy if we were top of the league. This is essentially a new team and we have a manager with a solid reputation at this level so let's have a bit of support in adversity - some people are too quick to jump on anything going wrong. Yes, Saturday was a bad day and not all the results & performances have been perfect but we are supporters aren't we?

Col.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

10th 14 in the League : Alty 13th. 8th and with a game in hand

Nantwich into 3rd Qualy Round of FA Cup : Alty OUT

Nantwich in bottom half without Parkinson.

Praise Parkinson.

sorry v of D but you set this one up as temptingly as farsley's defence last night  ;D ;D ;D

VofD

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 05:12:02 PM »

You're not wrong. ;)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »

Yep, agree with Jezza on this one. Hulme AND Amis for me, with Poole behind them. Would go so far as to omit the wingers altogether (too lightweight and predictable) and go with 3 centre mids (we are very ineffective there). We need to be more narrow and more direct and win this league ugly. With some small tweaks we will be okay; is PP brave enough to change things?

Wow, very surprised by this.  All our dangerous attacks came down the wing last night. JJ was immense and not at all predictable,as he got past his man time after time. Why go narrow when we have JJ and hopefully Miller who will rinse most full backs in this league. You have to open up the centre of the pitch to create more chances. Does it massively matter if Hulme is not scoring every week when others chip in? Hulme closes the defenders down and causes errors, he is very good at that. I worry with Amis we will go back to pumping long balls and that got us nowhere with the likes of Perry, Owens and even Rankine.  For me you have Poole behind Hulme with JJ and either Hancock or Miller on the other wing. I would have Moult defensive mid and Richman the engine and presser. The defence is good enough, however we need a keeper and a box to box mid. Last night was a joy to watch and JJ dictated the game, Hancock was very very good also.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 06:53:01 PM »

Wow, very surprised by this.  All our dangerous attacks came down the wing last night. JJ was immense and not at all predictable,as he got past his man time after time. Why go narrow when we have JJ and hopefully Miller who will rinse most full backs in this league. You have to open up the centre of the pitch to create more chances. Does it massively matter if Hulme is not scoring every week when others chip in? Hulme closes the defenders down and causes errors, he is very good at that. I worry with Amis we will go back to pumping long balls and that got us nowhere with the likes of Perry, Owens and even Rankine.  For me you have Poole behind Hulme with JJ and either Hancock or Miller on the other wing. I would have Moult defensive mid and Richman the engine and presser. The defence is good enough, however we need a keeper and a box to box mid. Last night was a joy to watch and JJ dictated the game, Hancock was very very good also.

Totally agree

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »

I thought collectively the whole team was good yesterday - Bembo-Lita was superb last night as was the rest of the team. They had a point to prove and they did it well. Thoroughly enjoyed myself last night but I have missed a few games this season.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 09:27:45 AM »

To say we don't need width, when we have the likes of JJ in our ranks, is absolutely ridiculous.

Proper width is what we've needed for YEARS.

Alty5678

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 08:43:01 PM »

10th in the League : Alty 13th.

Nantwich into 3rd Qualy Round of FA Cup : Alty OUT

Nantwich doing very well, thank you, without Parkinson.

F*** off Parkinson.

And nine days later..... oops!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 09:22:02 PM »

I think the Hulme doubters are looking a bit silly.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 10:03:44 PM »

I was one of Hulme's doubters. I was wrong thank God.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 10:08:04 PM »

So was I, and have already said I was wrong. I can only think his lack of much of a pre-season accounted for his slow start, but once he got going,he hasn't looked back.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2017, 10:09:41 PM »

So was I, and have already said I was wrong. I can only think his lack of much of a pre-season accounted for his slow start, but once he got going,he hasn't looked back.

Agree
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nantwich Town