PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shildon game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Shildon game  (Read 16021 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Shildon game
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »

We need a striker and goalkeeper. Everyone can see it, strange PP can't.
We also need Simon Richman instead of Sam Sheridan.

Sheridan must be bad if Richman is a better option!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2017, 04:36:41 PM »

1874 northwich have just take the lead against north ferriby. Out of the FA cup before a supporters team..

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 04:39:48 PM »

Have you actually watched Richman this season?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2017, 05:40:28 PM »

Correct.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »

I haven't the patience to listen to PP's interview. But the heading "no positives" is the most clear statement of the bleeding obvious I've seen in a long time.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »

Have you actually watched Richman this season?

Yes and I'm not just going off this season. Maybe he's found his level now but he's got to be the most average footballer to have played so many games for Altrincham FC.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 06:20:15 PM »

I haven't the patience to listen to PP's interview. But the heading "no positives" is the most clear statement of the bleeding obvious I've seen in a long time.

I've just read the interview on the main site,he's clearly not happy. The one point that stood out though was he thinks the front men have been firing prior to yesterday which is a bit worrying.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »

I just hope some of the under performing players take one of Parky's growing number of invites to leave the club. Otherwise Paky might have to actually tell them to go.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2017, 07:28:11 PM »

This season, Richman has been decent whether in midfield or at rb
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2017, 10:19:37 PM »

This season, Richman has been decent whether in midfield or at rb
Richman was playing really well until he got injured. He is just simply a ball winner who I feel we have hugely missed. I have not been impressed with Sheridan. He is over weight for a start. A fit Richman and Miller will make a big difference.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 08:28:08 AM »

I just hope some of the under performing players take one of Parky's growing number of invites to leave the club. Otherwise Paky might have to actually tell them to go.

Quite. PP is so extravagantly remorseful in that interview that he's made himself a bit of a hostage to fortune. If we get beaten by Farsley on Tuesday, what does he say then?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2017, 08:47:41 AM »

Quite. PP is so extravagantly remorseful in that interview that he's made himself a bit of a hostage to fortune. If we get beaten by Farsley on Tuesday, what does he say then?
we shouldn't interview him if that happens . speak to one of the players instead .
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2017, 09:23:59 AM »

we shouldn't interview him if that happens . speak to one of the players instead .

Perhaps we could interview the Chairman and get an update on how/if there is any progress on future investment, shares being sold etc.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »

First time I've seen the team this season. They looked resplendent in their purple sprouting broccolli.  It explained the Abbey Hey and Workington results for me. They're an Evostick quality team, no more, no less, on this showing. Lots of poor decision making  in the final third, so possession and good attacking positions were wasted or became just half chances. Confidence looks frail. They had a grip and a tempo in the first 10 minutes of the second half, that then melted away through lack of grit and leadership on the pitch. A formation of snowflakes.  It was no wonder they conceded in the end.
Off the pitch, well, having been in the bar I now know how cramped the Romans felt at Cannae, and Mrs Perm was injured by a rapier-like plastic fork. The last time I was here, the score was 8-0 to Shildon: they are not as lethal now thankfully. And all the while, the Gods looked on from Olympus at their legacy. The Gods are dead: bring on the new Gods.

Alty wanderer

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »

This was always going to be a tough game. The top sides at that level are up with the top evostick sides. They don't have the overheads and are happy to compete in their own little bubble. Teams in this league make their money winning the fa vase year on year at Wembley.
Look at South Shields - champions of the northern league last year, just won 3-0 at darlo in the fa cup. Will run away with evostick one this year. Teams from the northern league don't usually accept promotion.
Wouldn't use a one off game like this as a yardstick, they have some quality players. Need to accept we are no longer a conference side and look at things as a level playing field. A club like Alty will come good again, are heading in the right direction if a bit slowly. it can take time especially rebuilding a whole new side from a poor position. Not an easy thing to take but that's life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shildon game