PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barwell - Match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Barwell - Match thread  (Read 10315 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barwell - Match thread
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »

That was a real war today, a war we won by being streets ahead of barwell ability wise. I won't let the worst refereeing display I've ever seen in 30 years that I doubt will ever be beaten over shadow it. We showed a lot of character today the way they went about the game, we kept our heads in the main and should have had the game wrapped up before they got one back.You can see how they will get points this season and others will come unstuck there. A really decent showing and a marker that we can mix it with those that want a fight. On to Tuesday now

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 07:51:45 PM »

Without doubt the worse footbaling team I've seen in a long time. Didn't think we played sparkling today, but did a job. Huge credit to Jones and Harrison who won virtually every header. Can't be easy for Harrop playing on the right, but he was magnificent first half.

The 3 officials were wank and have no protection when we needed it most.

As for their 5, a bigger sh*thouse ive not seen
Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 08:29:36 PM »

What all you top top Alti supporters have to remember is that these teams (like Abbey Hey, Coaville, Whitby, Barwell and all the rest) aren't going to lie down and let you rub their bellies every week.  They want to win just like we do.  Trust Phil the Power and Sorvs and their top support team to gain promotion and hopefully a good FA cup / or FA Trophy run...........SBL 

It's Alty btw not Alti

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 08:43:25 PM »

What all you top top Alti supporters have to remember is that these teams (like Abbey Hey, Coaville, Whitby, Barwell and all the rest) aren't going to lie down and let you rub their bellies every week.  They want to win just like we do.  Trust Phil the Power and Sorvs and their top support team to gain promotion and hopefully a good FA cup / or FA Trophy run...........SBL 

It's Alty btw not Alti
its Altrincham ... commoners 😉
ParkINson's red and white army

Hulme Robin

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 08:55:24 PM »

Without doubt the worse footbaling team I've seen in a long time. Didn't think we played sparkling today, but did a job. Huge credit to Jones and Harrison who won virtually every header. Can't be easy for Harrop playing on the right, but he was magnificent first half.

The 3 officials were wank and have no protection when we needed it most.

As for their 5, a bigger sh*thouse ive not seen
Worse footballing team in a long time? Where were you last season? We were the worst in nine divisions!

Their 5 was an oaf, we Will probably meet more of his type in this league.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »

It's Alty btw not Alti
Or Altringham Town, from the Moss Rose. 😤

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »

It's Alty btw not Alti
quite
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 09:11:21 AM »

It's Alty btw not Alti

This is used by BBC Sports reporters

markecky2

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »

That was a real war today, a war we won by being streets ahead of barwell ability wise. I won't let the worst refereeing display I've ever seen in 30 years that I doubt will ever be beaten over shadow it. We showed a lot of character today the way they went about the game, we kept our heads in the main and should have had the game wrapped up before they got one back.You can see how they will get points this season and others will come unstuck there. A really decent showing and a marker that we can mix it with those that want a fight. On to Tuesday now

Pretty much this really.

We worked really hard for that in what was a real battle in terrible conditions at times.  It was good to see that we can do this side of things as well as it's going to be needed.  I thought the whole team played their part today and Harrop was a real handful and Bembo-leta was big and strong. He could have been seriously injured by that kick to his back in the first half, an awful challenge.

Special mention for Jordan Hulme who worked his tripe off and also Jake Moult (who I've been critical of recently) who had a great game I thought.

We should be better than Barwell but it doesn't always work out like that. Today we were and it was great to get the points.

One thing I noticed from Mike Ripleys pics is the team spirit that seems to be growing...his pics are here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelripleyphotography/36957883792/in/album-72157688816473095/

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »

Must say I was impressed when PP put Hanigann on in response to their no. 5  going up front
Full time and proud of it

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »

Barwell's match report doesn't mention any of the, er, more agricultural challenges, but it does state that the 100 or so away supporters made a difference to the match, giving the team a boost. Nice to be recognised!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/barwell/teams/23970/match-centre/1-2863347

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 02:28:45 PM »

100 or so Altrincham supporters. The entire gate was only 212.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/barwell/attendances

Prob a fair estimate - I know it's an old joke but I think they prob CAN name most of their fans. Friendly club and bar by the way.

markecky2

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2017, 05:27:15 PM »

Leicester were at home at 3pm which must hit them hard.

I've a lot of respect for clubs like Barwell (without patting them on the head) for even getting any sort of team out on 130-150 fans.  It must be a real catch 22 between wanting to try and play football and not being able to do it.

I've enjoyed both visits there although the aggregate score has clearly helped.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 05:44:01 PM »

Leicester were at home at 3pm which must hit them hard.

I've a lot of respect for clubs like Barwell (without patting them on the head) for even getting any sort of team out on 130-150 fans.  It must be a real catch 22 between wanting to try and play football and not being able to do it.

I've enjoyed both visits there although the aggregate score has clearly helped.

That's very true. It's worth remembering that it's an achievement, again without being patronising, for some of our opponents, such as Barwell, to compete at this level, which they clearly have done for a few seasons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barwell - Match thread