PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New message from Steve from Sale
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New message from Steve from Sale  (Read 8194 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New message from Steve from Sale
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jp9WcpqQ9Cc

15m 29s in that league game Steve

And 1hr 39m 04s for you masochists wanting to watch the trophy semi final first leg. Although worth watching for Rowlo's header after five mins I suppose as it was the most convinced (and last time) I thought I'd be going back to Wembley

markecky2

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 06:41:59 PM »

Stick with the club, I do remember the start of the 90/91 season where we finished third. We lost the first game 3-0 at Wycombe!!  We will be fine but I am gutted I have not yet been able to see them. I will be back when I am better, hopefully sooner rather than later.

At the risk of pissing on your endless boundless optimism Steve, you've had a slight memory sh*t down as well mate. That Wycombe game was the fifth of the season.

We'd already drawn 0-0 at Fisher, beaten Runcorn 1-0 and Bath 2-0 at home and got another goalless away draw at Barnet before the defeat at Wycombe.

A combination of Kingy as manager and is spending £10,000 or so to sign Ken McKenna in the summer meant I had a lot more faith about how much business the club meant then incidentally, a 0-3 setback was much easier to cope with

Blimey Steve, don't blame you for trying to dodge a Saturday night in Wythenshawe Casualty, not many worse places around, thank God for our NHS staff who put up with such nonsense.  Good to hear you are on the mend.

That was my first proper away game at Wycombe,

Football before the internet was invented, great times.

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »

had a similar experience.....lying in bed with a red leg, shivers sweats headache....thought I'll try to get some sleep and if I'm no better in the morning I'll try and see a doctor.

It just got worse and worse and eventually drove myself to Wythenshawe drop in centre....was rushed into Wythenshawe and put on an intravenous av drip for a week.....they said had I gone to sleep I wouldn't have made the morning....

get well soon and get down to moss lane to witness the rise back to glory days  ;D

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 08:07:31 PM »

I am glad you are getting better. That was a scary story to read, I must say.

Although I did go and see the doctor myself when I caught a bad case of pneumonia seven years ago, I probably could and should have gone sooner, and I sometimes think that these campaigns to try and stop people from wasting doctors' and casualty departments' time end up deterring people, especially men, who really should go to see them.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »

Just to confirm I have decided to make a donation of £10.00 to Radio Robins - it has already been cleared through.

Thank you very much for the donation, Steve & apologies for the late reply, I have only just read about your dreadful experience in Croatia.

Hopefully, you will make a full & speedy recovery.

We will use your donation for match commentary sponsorship for Tuesday night's game against Whitby, providing you are happy with that?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 03:38:15 PM »

Brian, that is perfect for me. I am unable to go to any games until September, so will be listening intently on Tuesday night and wishing to god I was there. It has got to the low stage now where I have had to borrow my 96 year old mother's walking stick to help me get about. I have been to the doctors this morning for a recap on everything, everything in my message I sent has been verified as distinctly feasible, so I am one lucky so-and-so.

I am mending now, but this is a slow job with constant pain in my leg. Due to loss of appetite/hospital food I have lost 1 stone in weight also, so have decided to carry this ongoing, and get rid of a sh***oad more. I have been worried about my weight and health issues for a long time now, this has been the wake-up call I needed. One thing sitting around gives you is soul searching time!4

So many thanks Brian, I will be listening intently with my family on Tuesday night. Best wishes to everybody there and good luck to the team and management; this an ideal opportunity to finally gel and get themselves together. Come on lads, cheer me up and show us what we all know you are capable of.

Steve from Sale

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 07:38:42 PM »

Brian, that is perfect for me. I am unable to go to any games until September, so will be listening intently on Tuesday night and wishing to god I was there. It has got to the low stage now where I have had to borrow my 96 year old mother's walking stick to help me get about. I have been to the doctors this morning for a recap on everything, everything in my message I sent has been verified as distinctly feasible, so I am one lucky so-and-so.

I am mending now, but this is a slow job with constant pain in my leg. Due to loss of appetite/hospital food I have lost 1 stone in weight also, so have decided to carry this ongoing, and get rid of a sh***oad more. I have been worried about my weight and health issues for a long time now, this has been the wake-up call I needed. One thing sitting around gives you is soul searching time!4

So many thanks Brian, I will be listening intently with my family on Tuesday night. Best wishes to everybody there and good luck to the team and management; this an ideal opportunity to finally gel and get themselves together. Come on lads, cheer me up and show us what we all know you are capable of.

Steve from Sale

I hope it was her spare one!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 12:47:49 PM »

No GHM! She is beyond walking sticks with her mobility and now uses a frame and seat/4 wheeler trolley.

I am glad of this stick as it has been a big help, especially getting to the bathroom during the night to avoid p***ing myself!

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 01:39:12 PM »

I am glad of this stick as it has been a big help, especially getting to the bathroom during the night to avoid p***ing myself!
[/quote]

TMI
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New message from Steve from Sale