PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Must win?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Must win?  (Read 9064 times)

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Must win?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 08:44:55 PM »

I just think is just another that talks the talk. But anyone could pull the wool over GR eyes. I would do anything to get GR out of the club I love and he and he cronies have ruined. Until he goes and we get a Chairman that understands football we are doomed.! I shall be there tomorrow shouting for his head again and will keep doing do until he has gone or we win the league.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 09:35:17 PM »

The manager needs everyone's backing. He needs time to get things together. God knows we've had an 18 months a Hollywood script writer would be hard pressed to put together. But getting rid or worst still the manager walking away this early would make us into an even bigger laughing stock than we already are. We are where we are for now and need to get used to it pdq. No one wants it, no one likes it but we need to roll our sleeves up and get on with it. Who's going to want to buy 1% never mind 51% of a f**king circus that changes manager every 3 months, we'd only end up with another ex player anyway. This is a massive ship that's been cascading towards Niagara Falls for two years. Give the new captain more than 10 days to put it back on course

roytonmike

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 10:03:37 PM »

It's way too early for this sort of thread.
Season 1998-9 (Unibond Premier)
Opening sequence:
Aug 22 Frickley (h) 1-1; Aug 25 Winsford (a) 1-2; Aug 29 Whitby (h) 1-1; Aug 31 Colwyn Bay (h) 1-1; Sept 5 Blyth (a) 0-0; Sept 8 Lancaster (h) 1-2; Sept 12 Worksop (a) 1-3; Sept 15 Marine (a) 1-2.
Record after 8 league games - won 0, drawn 4, lost 4, goals scored 7, goals conceded 12.
Final league position - 1st
Some of the names on that list are familiar.
This illustrates why I for one don't tend to take much notice of league tables until the number of games played reaches double figures.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 11:32:14 PM »

It's way too early for this sort of thread.
Season 1998-9 (Unibond Premier)
Opening sequence:
Aug 22 Frickley (h) 1-1; Aug 25 Winsford (a) 1-2; Aug 29 Whitby (h) 1-1; Aug 31 Colwyn Bay (h) 1-1; Sept 5 Blyth (a) 0-0; Sept 8 Lancaster (h) 1-2; Sept 12 Worksop (a) 1-3; Sept 15 Marine (a) 1-2.
Record after 8 league games - won 0, drawn 4, lost 4, goals scored 7, goals conceded 12.
Final league position - 1st
Some of the names on that list are familiar.
This illustrates why I for one don't tend to take much notice of league tables until the number of games played reaches double figures.

Didn't we have a change in management team after that run of games though with Ward brought in? Bernard wasn't the sole manager that season unofficially at least.

I fully back Parky by the way. I just think two more defeats in the next two games would set off massive alarm bells. It does echo of that season so far and look closely how that one evolved.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 06:40:52 AM »

It was the coaching team that was changed. Kilcline and Gleghorn left and I think Graham Heathcote took over. Ward arrived in about October and we then went on a really good run. Ward was awesome in his first spell with us and really helped turn our fortunes around.
Come on Alty!

roytonmike

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 07:51:22 AM »

It was the coaching team that was changed. Kilcline and Gleghorn left and I think Graham Heathcote took over. Ward arrived in about October and we then went on a really good run. Ward was awesome in his first spell with us and really helped turn our fortunes around.
Good point. I think the pair of them left after the Worksop game.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 08:30:55 AM »

BT sat late in to the night with a group of us in the Noel white suite asking lads their genuine thoughts on the players and formations after that lancaster defeat, different times.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 08:37:08 AM »

BT sat late in to the night with a group of us in the Noel white suite asking lads their genuine thoughts on the players and formations after that lancaster defeat, different times.

It was refreshing to hear Ian Wright on the radio on Sunday giving some respect to the knowledge that fans who have been watching a club for years build up. Quite rare nowadays.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 10:26:31 AM »

Chopping and changing managers doesnt work, lets put this one to bed for the sake of the club
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Matt Taylor

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 12:36:45 PM »

Yes. As poor as the start has been, Phil Parkinson has been brought in with the objective of getting us promoted, rather than told he has to win the first three games. So that's what he should be judged on, or at least be given enough time until that becomes unrealistic.

Another thing that needs putting to bed though is the concept of continuity for continuities sake. I'd hate us to get into a position where we kept faith with a failing manager just because we'd had a few crap managers before them. Getting out of this league is far too important for that.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »

It was just before the Worksop game, I can remember Graham Heathcote being involved at Worksop, his first game back.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:31:45 PM by Brian Flynn »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »

It was just before the Worksop game, I can remember Graham Heathcote being involved at Worksop, his first game back.

Correct, and in the forementioned late night discussion we all agreed that, and told BT that he was shoehorning gleghorn and killer in to the team because he felt obliged to. One of those events that stick with you

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 05:22:04 PM »

Tuesday clearly is a must win

And we're miles away from where we need to be - no plan b, and too many soft arse players who aren't good enough

Bored of hearing about his achievements at Nantwich - this is Altrincham and it's far from good enough

A pertinent point. Losing in the evo stik play off final and a run to run fa cup 4th qualifying rd and the fa trophy first rd could constitute a great season for Nantwich. It would actually be the worst in Altrincham's history. PP needs to get his head around that sharpish

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 05:59:48 PM »

Tuesday clearly is a must win

And we're miles away from where we need to be - no plan b, and too many soft arse players who aren't good enough

Bored of hearing about his achievements at Nantwich - this is Altrincham and it's far from good enough

A pertinent point. Losing in the evo stik play off final and a run to run fa cup 4th qualifying rd and the fa trophy first rd could constitute a great season for Nantwich. It would actually be the worst in Altrincham's history. PP needs to get his head around that sharpish

Indeed, but that still doesn't make tonight's game a 'must win'; it's important that we do, but that's not the same as 'must win'.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

GB Alty

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »

We're second bottom in the evostick - how can this not be a must win ffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Must win?