PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Matlock Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Matlock Match Thread  (Read 22704 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Matlock Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2017, 09:13:56 PM »

Matlock were a sh*te but organised determined side.

How is the league table looking after 3 games? Struggling to find the Big Time Charlie's from Altrincham, a massive club supposedly.

Oh look, second Bottom, welcome to the evo glue league, your just another nothing club from the 7th tier of Football in England.

Still you could always re introduce segregation at home games, that might make you feel important.

Mustn't be a lot to do in Stafford if you're on both our social media and forum on a Saturday night.

Don't worry, one day you'll find Someone x

It's all my fault.

Oneclub

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2017, 09:23:33 PM »

Still new but got to say booing not the answer.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »

How is the league table looking after 3 games? Struggling to find the Big Time Charlie's from Altrincham, a massive club supposedly.

Oh look, second Bottom, welcome to the evo glue league, your just another nothing club from the 7th tier of Football in England.

Still you could always re introduce segregation at home games, that might make you feel important.

Mustn't be a lot to do in Stafford if you're on both our social media and forum on a Saturday night.

Don't worry, one day you'll find Someone x

One day he will find another clay chucker to talk to

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2017, 09:37:09 PM »

Don't know how you're struggling to find us,there's not that many teams in the league. I'd be more concerned about my own club tbh after losing 4-1 at home today.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2017, 09:39:27 PM »

What is ?

It's all my fault.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »

You've just been smashed at home and you're on fans forum from a team you played last week.

Weirdo

Altygethernow

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »

What is ?

Boo-urns, of course.

Oneclub

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »

What is ?

Boo-urns, of course.

Sorry meant to have "booing not goin to help"

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2017, 07:17:56 AM »

I suppose happy clapping has helped?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Alty5678

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2017, 07:29:26 AM »

For £700 a week for 2 years, James Walshaw WOULD join Alty. FFS Rowley, do something right man.

How would paying £700 a week for one player, be doing 'something right man'?. I doubt many/any of the squad are on that much. It'd certainly help team spirit if all of a sudden we bring in Walshaw on more money wouldn't it? There would be disharmony and/or people wanting parity.

If you were told, which effectively it would be, you're not up to the job so I'm going to bring somebody in on more money to sort it out. It'd be great to see it inspiring thers to try harder but we live in the real world here.

If he WOULD come for a two year contract on this money, sounds like he'd be coming for one major reason only.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »

The time to offer JW more money was after the play-off final when we were promoted to Conf National and our top goal scorer 'decides to leave' because of travel times
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2017, 09:10:59 AM »

Yes we need a goal scorer but i cant help thinking that Amis getting injured on the eve of the season is the worst luck we have had.  By all accounts again we have the posession of the game, its the final piece in the jigsaw that is missing.  3 games in it isnt good but not time to press the panic button just yet
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »

Losing Amis was very bad luck. However, we can't afford to sit on our hands for six weeks and play without a proper striker in the squad. The boat will have sailed by the time he returns.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2017, 09:24:18 AM »

For £700 a week for 2 years, James Walshaw WOULD join Alty. FFS Rowley, do something right man.

How would paying £700 a week for one player, be doing 'something right man'?. I doubt many/any of the squad are on that much. It'd certainly help team spirit if all of a sudden we bring in Walshaw on more money wouldn't it? There would be disharmony and/or people wanting parity.

If you were told, which effectively it would be, you're not up to the job so I'm going to bring somebody in on more money to sort it out. It'd be great to see it inspiring thers to try harder but we live in the real world here.

If he WOULD come for a two year contract on this money, sounds like he'd be coming for one major reason only.

Footballers go anywhere for one major reason only, Nicolas Clee told us he had "alty in his blood" in October and asked to be released from his contract to sign a lucrative deal at BPA six months later. I'd have sat him in the reserves personally but we put being nice to everyone else ahead of winning We need to get with the programme. This is why we are being dry bummed down the leagues. Football has moved on, we haven't and won't whilst the club is run like a family corner shop

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »

Are we seriously suggesting that Amis is going to be striker we are missing? I've seen nothing to suggest that he'll be anything more than a slight upgrade on those two donkeys, Hattersley and Hobby, we had last year. Key area remains midfield. Apart from JJ , we have no pace or energy in the middle. Moult is ready for the vets league and Taylor is a sitting midfielder. If I was Parky I'd be looking to acquire an energetic box to box midfielder in the mould of Stevie Connors.
Still completely baffled as to why Parky preferred Hancock to Jerome Wright. Hope he proves me wrong.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:12:09 AM by AFC56 »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Matlock Match Thread