PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford Rangers Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Stafford Rangers Match Thread  (Read 57077 times)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stafford Rangers Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2017, 08:30:06 AM »

Who ever decided not to segregate today put the paying customers at risk

Whoever decided that it is a good idea to sell alcohol after kick-off is putting the paying customers at risk. It also flies in the face of the "family" culture we are supposed to be cultivating.

Very shabby, for the sake of a few quid.
I'm just glad I haven't bought a season ticket this year.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »

Who ever decided not to segregate today put the paying customers at risk

Whoever decided that it is a good idea to sell alcohol after kick-off is putting the paying customers at risk. It also flies in the face of the "family" culture we are supposed to be cultivating.

Very shabby, for the sake of a few quid.
I'm just glad I haven't bought a season ticket this year.
I get your point but you could have drunk all game Prior to this decison in the bar anyway now it's just you can do it on the terraces as well . Which let's be honest a number of people used to do anyway.

The thing that made it worse was adding the drinking to no away end being opened and fans allowed to mingle around the ground and in the bar . A dangerous cocktail ... no pun intended

We are soft niave and poorly organised
ParkINson's red and white army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »

Stafford fans were permitted by their club to drink on the coaches. A Stafford fan was found collapsed in the cubicle in the bar toilets
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:55:04 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2017, 10:05:35 AM »

Can't believe I came back up from London for that.

Actually thought we started well and even at 0-1 looked the better side, after that second went in though Stafford strolled it. Games thick and fast so Parky must find a way otherwise we'll be floundering.

As for the off the pitch, the club unfortunately with the new booze rules has learnt a harsh lesson. I'd be surprised other than Witton and Stalybridge if anyone bought that many again this season but think from now on even at this level we'll have to err on the side of caution with segregation. Bottle bar at away end for bigger games perhaps.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2017, 10:38:21 AM »

Can't believe I came back up from London for that.

Actually thought we started well and even at 0-1 looked the better side, after that second went in though Stafford strolled it. Games thick and fast so Parky must find a way otherwise we'll be floundering.

As for the off the pitch, the club unfortunately with the new booze rules has learnt a harsh lesson. I'd be surprised other than Witton and Stalybridge if anyone bought that many again this season but think from now on even at this level we'll have to err on the side of caution with segregation. Bottle bar at away end for bigger games perhaps.

The away snack van was selling cans of alcohol at £2 talking to a couple of Stafford fans they are allowed drink on the terrances till 3pm and siad not many clubs in this league allow it at all.
@AltyDaz

markecky2

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »

The only thing that could have made yesterday worse would be if the manager said that we played really well and created 7-8 chances.  And now he has.

I like Phil Parkinson but I beg him please please please don't go down the route that Doughty went down in telling people that sh*t/moderate things are really good.

Tried to collect my thoughts after yesterday before posting.

Firstly I'd like to congratulate Stafford on a superb away performance, nullify the opposition then pick them off.  Executed brilliantly.

In my opnion, we were not absymal yesterday but we had a of the ball and did nothing with it.  7-8 chances?  I saw three pea rollers and a couple of long shots where the player leaned back at 45 degrees before shooting.

A 3-0 home defeat to an average side can't be anything other than poor can it?

We've dodged a bullet many times with our stewarding.  Some Stafford fans were a disgrace today, completely classless, however why were they not asked to leave?  You can't be singing and intimidating in any pub can you without being asked to drink up and go on your way.  If I went into Staffords bar signing "you're going down like a f**kin' lead balloon" over and over again I'd expect to be ejected or smacked.  Just enjoy your day...

Why are people alllowed in who cannot stand up coming off a coach?  No stewards outside again but 3 on the inside of the turnstiles?  How many times does it have to be said?  Some should not have even been let in.

A truly horrible day.

If they had edged it 2-1 then fair enough, these things happen and this is Alty we are watching but a 3-0 home defeat is nothing but poor.  I back him to sort it but the first thing he has to do is be real about it.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:03:07 PM by markecky2 »

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2017, 12:30:35 PM »

Even Rocky Robin looked a disgrace today no shirt or shorts on he had gone commando...
Do't even no who was init as i was stood talking to the person who normally does it

On my shortlist at this early stage for post of the season 😃

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2017, 12:32:45 PM »

I don't care if it's 2 from barwell or 200 from Stafford, the away end has toilets, a snack bar and sells alcohol, that's where they should stay. The manager asks for the ground to become a cauldron and we give the run of the ground and bar to away supporters?? We are here to get out of this league at the earliest opportunity, not give clubs we owe nothing to a great day out. I don't care if it upsets Keith from mickleover if he can't get a view from all sides. It's a competition not tea rooms, toughen up or we are here for years.Who knows, maybe that's what people want in reality. Winners are ruthless, simple.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »

The only thing that could have made yesterday worse would be if the manager said that we played really well and created 7-8 chances.  And now he has.

I like Phil Parkinson but I beg him please please please don't go down the route that Doughty went down in telling people that sh*t/moderate things are really good.

Firstly I'd like to congratulate Stafford on a superb away performance, nullify the opposition then pick them off.  Executed brilliantly.

In my opnion, we were not absymal yesterday but we had a of the ball and did nothing with it.  7-8 chances?  I saw three pea rollers and a couple of long shots where the player leaned back at 45 degrees before shooting.

We've dodged a bullet many times with our stewarding.  Some Stafford fans were a disgrace today, completely classless, however why were they not asked to leave?  You can't be singing and intimidating in any pub can you without being asked to drink up and go on your way.  If I went into Staffords bar signing "you're going down like a f**kin' lead balloon" over and over again I'd expect to be ejected or smacked.  Just enjoy your day...

Why are people alllowed in who cannot stand up coming off a coach?  No stewards outside again but 3 on the inside of the turnstiles?  How many times does it have to be said?  Some should not have even been let in.

A truly horrible day.

If they had edged it 2-1 then fair enough, these things happen and this is Alty we are watching but a 3-0 home defeat is nothing but poor.  I back him to sort it but the first thing he has to do is be real about it.

Well said Mark. Completely agree. Nothing more frustrating than dressing that up as anything but poor. I'd have more respect for him if he said said that rather than how well we played and how we kept the ball and how we were missing key players. Make Moss Lane horrible to play at? I'm sorry but that starts at the very top with the chairman and what was allowed to happen yesterday. Stafford were given the run of the ground and the team did the business in the pitch. Bet they jumped on the coach home delighted. I'm no big billy bollocks but we've got to get this right and get it right PDQ.. starting with 6 points from the next two games.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2017, 01:08:03 PM »

A truly horrible day.

Spot on.

A simple apology, a "losing 3-0 at home at this level isn't good enough for a club the size of Alty" type statement, and a promise to put things right on Tuesday, would have been more advisable than a Buzz-esque defence of how 'dominant' we had to be to get beat 3-0...

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2017, 01:15:01 PM »

I don't care if it's 2 from barwell or 200 from Stafford, the away end has toilets, a snack bar and sells alcohol, that's where they should stay. The manager asks for the ground to become a cauldron and we give the run of the ground and bar to away supporters?? We are here to get out of this league at the earliest opportunity, not give clubs we owe nothing to a great day out. I don't care if it upsets Keith from mickleover if he can't get a view from all sides. It's a competition not tea rooms, toughen up or we are here for years.Who knows, maybe that's what people want in reality. Winners are ruthless, simple.

This...excellent post, says it all.

One of the ironic things yesterday was the sight of our Chairman, resplendent in Club blazer, on the scene in the aftermath of the incident in the Club. Sad thing is, he is so thick skinned I don't suppose it's crossed his mind that he is responsible for the brawling in the Hall which he likes to portray as a pillar of the community and family values.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »

PP thinks we dominated for an hour. He must be working at 15 seconds to the minute.

GB Alty

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2017, 01:37:31 PM »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2017, 01:39:24 PM »

What was the attendance? Read on the Evostic site it was 811, seem like a four figure crowd to me.
Full time and proud of it

markecky2

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2017, 01:47:14 PM »

Even Rocky Robin looked a disgrace today no shirt or shorts on he had gone commando...
Don't even no who was init as i was stood talking to the person who normally does it

Never been a larger case of bigger fish to fry but are you saying that someone walked round the ground yesterday in the suit with no shirt or shorts on it? 

We know it doesn't really look like a robin but at least with an Alty kit on it's kind of an Alty footballing mascot.

I've always enjoyed the gag about why does Bungle off Rainbow walk around the house naked all day and then put pyjama bottoms on for bed.  This takes it to a new level.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford Rangers Match Thread