PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford Rangers Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Stafford Rangers Match Thread  (Read 57078 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stafford Rangers Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2017, 10:41:53 PM »

Actually, I think we'll be a different team at Nantwich. Taylor and Poole will obviously start and I'd also chuck Dens or Lynch into midfield to provide a bit of physicality. The problem, as others have alluded to, is up front. Hulme ain't our 30-goal striker unfortunately.

Has Lynch EVER played midfield?! Also Dens is NOT a midfielder!

In fairness Snork Maiden, anyone seeing Moult or Sheridan for the first time today, would not have believed they were midfielders.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »

I await a response from the club on why they refused to phone the police, or why the chairman didn't want to personally phone the police to avoid any costs.

You don't encour any costs if you call the police during a match its only when the pre planed.
The slow reaction to calling them maybe due to every made the decision not to segregate and reelised it was
the wrong call even though they were advised to expect up to 150 away fans. I'm sure the council will be on the
phone Monday

Thanks for clarifying Darren, I had hoped there may be a explanation even if it was a cost one.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2017, 11:07:34 PM »

I await a response from the club on why they refused to phone the police, or why the chairman didn't want to personally phone the police to avoid any costs.
You'll still be waiting at Christmas. Another disgraceful episode and it's only the first game.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2017, 11:12:56 PM »

Even Rocky Robin looked a disgrace today no shirt or shorts on he had gone commando...
Don't even no who was init as i was stood talking to the person who normally does it
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:18:58 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2017, 11:20:49 PM »

Couple of quick points, an earlier post said that it was a Stafford fan from a different group who came across to confront the Alty fan who had caused the first incident.  Apparently he was the brother of the Stafford fan involved in this first incident, so there was a connection.
Surely action must be taken against the Alty fan for what he did.
Also the police were called and there was a police presence at the Hale End after the game.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2017, 11:26:10 PM »

Was a miserable last 70 mins thats for sure but sadly this is going to take some time to sort out. And realistically need a bit more coming and going. (Hopefully in a non neil young type way)
The warning signs were obvious at Trafford last week when we were also very slow moving the ball and too predictable
I think we will look a different team when Poole?? starts - really think he will help sort out some of the problems.
Hulme is a bit of an easy target - we were so slow in possession and gave the ball away so cheaply that it wasnt going to be easy for him. Although he did seem to give up in the 2nd half. I guess the manager was planning for the last month on having Amiss up front so that was really unlucky.
Thought Peers was the best player in the last 2 friendlies so thought he should have started.
I also think Taylor is quality and wonder if we need to build midfield around him. Sheridan very poor for 2 weeks running now.
I dont think we can play any worse so lets see what character they can show now on tuesday.
Man of the match - the groundsman. Pitch has never looked better.
Shame we couldnt string many passes together on it.
In Poole and Taylor we trust!!!!

Another good post.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2017, 11:29:24 PM »

Actually, I think we'll be a different team at Nantwich. Taylor and Poole will obviously start and I'd also chuck Dens or Lynch into midfield to provide a bit of physicality. The problem, as others have alluded to, is up front. Hulme ain't our 30-goal striker unfortunately.
Why chuck Dens or Lynch into midfield when Richman didn't do a foot wrong today and won headers? I know he isn't a gifted footballer but just play him and Taylor with Johnston, Poole, Peers and Hancock ahead and see how we do. That simple until Miller comes back and we sign a proven striker.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:31:41 PM by oneedham »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2017, 11:32:06 PM »

My policy when i was Safety officer was to start every game segregated its easy to drop if things going well but harder to implement if you don't start with it.
Whats the point of having someone nominated as a Safety officer if there going to get over ruled by the Chairman.
We will probably get the we didn't have enough turnstiles operators as an excuse.
Stafford fans i noticed at 2 pm pissed in the bar they should have been refused entry.
You can't scrimp on safety especially not this day and age.
No i'm not coming back but thanks for all the texts and messages asking.

Well said

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2017, 11:38:05 PM »

My policy when i was Safety officer was to start every game segregated its easy to drop if things going well but harder to implement if you don't start with it.
Whats the point of having someone nominated as a Safety officer if there going to get over ruled by the Chairman.
We will probably get the we didn't have enough turnstiles operators as an excuse.
Stafford fans i noticed at 2 pm pissed in the bar they should have been refused entry.
You can't scrimp on safety especially not this day and age.
No i'm not coming back but thanks for all the texts and messages asking.

Well said

This topic also needs sorting, just have it segregated all the time and have all the needed facilities that end. I remember getting drenched at Southport away, still a great away day. If that means a plastic beer bootle bar then just do it, as it will kick off sooner or later because Alty fans have had enough. I've never slagged of Rowley on here but he needs to sort this out before someone gets hurt because some Stafford fans were a disgrace before a ball was kicked today.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:42:35 PM by oneedham »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2017, 11:55:33 PM »

What did the Alty fan do to start the incident?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2017, 12:15:00 AM »

It's actually amazing that we have hit a new low

I didn't think it was possible
ParkINson's red and white army

old alty fan

« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2017, 01:50:24 AM »

Only Positive from today is we are not bottom of the League.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2017, 04:49:54 AM »

It's actually amazing that we have hit a new low

I didn't think it was possible
Just wait for "even lower than the last unimaginable low" on Tuesday night.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2017, 07:35:45 AM »

Really very nervous about tuesday now, this could either be righted or go badly wrong very quickly
Bernard Taylors barmy army

arnald

« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2017, 08:19:28 AM »

I just hope we don't sign ten players in a month on loan or it could be last season part two
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford Rangers Match Thread