PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford Rangers Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

Author Topic: Stafford Rangers Match Thread  (Read 57087 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stafford Rangers Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2017, 09:15:48 PM »

Disgusted with the club tonight.

We haven't learnt from Chester.

A fan being punched in the head from behind.

Told by a steward moments prior to the incident the club dictated not to segregate.

I'm not condoning violence in any way,shape or form but I was in the bar at HT and the recipient of the punch can't really have any complaints.

Nobody deserves punching. But the fact is, and police agreed with they statements given, that it would be considered an unprovoked attack as the inidividual was moved away and a member of a different group went across.

It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2017, 09:35:17 PM »

The away end turnstiles weren't even open.

I've heard a family with young children this evening describe the bar as toxic at half time.

What good is all the community work if the bar is full of pissed up away fans running a mick
It's all my fault.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »

Don't agree to the earlier post that all  games should be segregated (and ofcourse hindsight is a wonderful thing), but when we are playing one of the teams with one of the bigger away supports, and add in the fact it's the first game of the season, surely you would have at least started with segregation. Clearly then after looking at some of their fans the segregation would have been kept.
As for what happened in the bar, idiot fans on both sides and poorly handled by the stewards.  Both the Stafford and Alty fan involved in the original incident should have been kicked out the bar if not the ground. Instead it was allowed to fester and escalate into violence. As for the Alty fan invloved, who must be in his fifties and really should know better. Yes he was provoked but to do what he did allegedly to the Stafford fan was pathetic and then to look for a fight after another Stafford fan came over to him was embarrassing.
One final point if we are going to allow drinking on the terraces the stewards need to keep an eye out for any fan who has drunk too much. There was one Alty fan in the 2nd half who was clearly drunk, shouting pathetic obscenities at their keeper and the stewards should have had a word with him
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:53:10 PM by TheGolfRoadView »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »

Christ, your club is a laughing stock!  ;D

Thank you for that...who do we make the consultancy fee payable to?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2017, 09:49:16 PM »

:D
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2017, 09:55:38 PM »

bravo
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »

Don't agree to the earlier post that all  games should be segregated (and ofcourse hindsight is a wonderful thing), but when we are playing one of the teams with one of the bigger away supports, and add in the fact it's the first game of the season, surely you would have at least started with segregation. Clearly then after looking at some of their fans the segregation would have been kept.
As for what happened in the bar, idiot fans on both sides and poorly handled by the stewards.  Both the Stafford and Alty fan involved in the original incident should have been kicked out the bar if not the ground. Instead it was allowed to fester and escalate into violence. As for the Alty fan invloved, who must be in his fifties and really should know better. Yes he was provoked but to do what he did allegedly to the Stafford fan was pathetic and then to look for a fight after another Stafford fan came over to him was embarrassing.
One final point if we are going to allow drinking on the terraces the stewards need to keep an eye out for any fan who has drunk too much. There was one Alty fan in the 2nd half who was clearly drunk, shouting pathetic obscenities at their keeper and the stewards should have had a word with him
every game should start segregated then a decison should be made

In terms of hindsight we had it we knew 200 we're planned to come

Who ever decided not to segregate today put the paying customers at risk
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:59:34 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

mortlakebob

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2017, 09:59:35 PM »

Was a miserable last 70 mins thats for sure but sadly this is going to take some time to sort out. And realistically need a bit more coming and going. (Hopefully in a non neil young type way)
The warning signs were obvious at Trafford last week when we were also very slow moving the ball and too predictable
I think we will look a different team when Poole?? starts - really think he will help sort out some of the problems.
Hulme is a bit of an easy target - we were so slow in possession and gave the ball away so cheaply that it wasnt going to be easy for him. Although he did seem to give up in the 2nd half. I guess the manager was planning for the last month on having Amiss up front so that was really unlucky.
Thought Peers was the best player in the last 2 friendlies so thought he should have started.
I also think Taylor is quality and wonder if we need to build midfield around him. Sheridan very poor for 2 weeks running now.
I dont think we can play any worse so lets see what character they can show now on tuesday.
Man of the match - the groundsman. Pitch has never looked better.
Shame we couldnt string many passes together on it.
In Poole and Taylor we trust!!!!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2017, 10:23:51 PM »

Actually, I think we'll be a different team at Nantwich. Taylor and Poole will obviously start and I'd also chuck Dens or Lynch into midfield to provide a bit of physicality. The problem, as others have alluded to, is up front. Hulme ain't our 30-goal striker unfortunately.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2017, 10:26:57 PM »

Told by a steward moments prior to the incident the club dictated not to segregate.

I'm not condoning violence in any way,shape or form but I was in the bar at HT and the recipient of the punch can't really have any complaints.

Nobody deserves punching. But the fact is, and police agreed with they statements given, that it would be considered an unprovoked attack as the inidividual was moved away and a member of a different group went across.

So if you goad the away fans and threaten violence you should be able to complain when one of the away fans you're goading and threatening punches you?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2017, 10:31:15 PM »

Actually, I think we'll be a different team at Nantwich. Taylor and Poole will obviously start and I'd also chuck Dens or Lynch into midfield to provide a bit of physicality. The problem, as others have alluded to, is up front. Hulme ain't our 30-goal striker unfortunately.

Has Lynch EVER played midfield?! Also Dens is NOT a midfielder!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2017, 10:32:29 PM »

So if you goad the away fans and threaten violence you should be able to complain when one of the away fans you're goading and threatening punches you?

It was a seperate group that crossed the room to attack someone

The stewards should have removed the away fans on, as well as the the home fan.

There was a significant time lapse between the coming together of a single home fan and and a group of away fans and an away fan from a different group jump punching a man.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »

I await a response from the club on why they refused to phone the police, or why the chairman didn't want to personally phone the police to avoid any costs.
It's all my fault.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2017, 10:34:14 PM »

My policy when i was Safety officer was to start every game segregated its easy to drop if things going well but harder to implement if you don't start with it.
Whats the point of having someone nominated as a Safety officer if there going to get over ruled by the Chairman.
We will probably get the we didn't have enough turnstiles operators as an excuse.
Stafford fans i noticed at 2 pm pissed in the bar they should have been refused entry.
You can't scrimp on safety especially not this day and age.
No i'm not coming back but thanks for all the texts and messages asking.
@AltyDaz

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2017, 10:38:50 PM »

I await a response from the club on why they refused to phone the police, or why the chairman didn't want to personally phone the police to avoid any costs.

You don't encour any costs if you call the police during a match its only when the pre planed.
The slow reaction to calling them maybe due to every made the decision not to segregate and reelised it was
the wrong call even though they were advised to expect up to 150 away fans. I'm sure the council will be on the
phone Monday
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford Rangers Match Thread