PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Trafford v Altrincham
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Radio Robins: Trafford v Altrincham  (Read 4937 times)

Matt Taylor

Re: Radio Robins: Trafford v Altrincham
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 10:54:09 AM »

The difficulty now for PP is that the margins of what can be defined as success as an Alty manager have narrowed considerably. This isn't the same football club.

For example, in the Conf then you could consider any manager who keeps us in the league to have been a relatively successful appointment in the current age. But down in the EvoStik, then a manager would have to get us promoted (at the very minimum) to be considered a success. That said, I'm sure Parkinson has taken the job with his eyes wide open and is fully aware of that.

Also, given that we are overspending to give PP the best possible budget to get us a step closer to normality, then a season of 'rebuilding' simply isn't an option at this stage. It has to be a promotion season. And, thankfully, the board have gone on record as saying the same as part of that strategy thing.

100% it isn't a shoe in. But it 100% needs to happen. The consequences of not bouncing straight back up, for the long-term future of the football club, don't bear thinking about.

Don't misunderstand me mate, I'm not saying anything different to any of that.  100% agree.

I'm not saying this is a season of consolidation or rebuilding.  We have to get out of this league, it's been said by the board and it's been said by Phil.

I think we will have a very good season and go up, however it is not all going to be plain sailing.  Unless of course we get a head of steam up and it is all plain sailing!

I think the point I'm making (maybe badly) is that it is going to be so easy to criticise this season, the material is plentiful, you can almost write the posts now.  You can even dismiss the wins if you are of such a mindset (we used to beat x and y, now you're delighted that we have beaten z?) so I just hope he isn't up against it from the off.

He needs our backing and I hope he gets it.

Sorry mate, I wasn't disagreeing with anything anyone had actually written. Nobody has actually mentioned consolidation (thankfully), I was just rambling on.

I'd be surprised if Parkinson didn't begin with universal backing from all supporters. I suspect that the goodwill he already has banked, from the "anyone-but-Doughty" mentality at the end of last season, would be enough to carry him through any early season slip-ups during the first couple of months of this season (which will invariably happen at some point to all sides aiming for promotion). And by then a good chunk of the season will be done and he can be judged, as he should be, on results and league position, rather than the current off-the-field difficulties at the club.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Trafford v Altrincham