PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sam Departs
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sam Departs  (Read 9586 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Departs
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »

I work every day with Simon's uncle.............he explained that after university (think Simon has a degree in Chemical Engineering from Manchester) Simon struggled (like many) to secure a job. He said the job involves a stint at a plant in Barcelona and that he could not get out of it.

He is there at the moment and my colleagues sister (Simon's Mum) is ensuring he is keeping himself fit and training !........ ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:36:35 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 08:41:56 AM »

I work every day with Simon's uncle.............he explained that after university (think Simon has a degree in Chemical Engineering from Manchester) Simon struggled (like many) to secure a job. He said the job involves a stint at a plant in Barcelona and that he could not get out of it.

He is there at the moment and my colleagues sister (Simon's Mum) is ensuring he is keeping himself fit and training !........ ;D

Thanks for the update - I hope to see Simon back to his industrious best this season.

GB Alty

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 09:56:56 AM »

Simon Richman is crap and always has been - should have been let go like most of last seasons rubbish

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 12:13:01 PM »

Simon Richman is crap and always has been - should have been let go like most of last seasons rubbish
Will close down players quicker than anyone else at the club, including Taylor. 100% could do a decent job this season, especially if we only play two centre mids . I like Moult but I feel Richman and Taylor could be effective together, full of energy.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 12:23:30 PM »

Out of the 4 Moult is one who can spray the ball about. I not seen Taylor attempt a 40 yard crossfield yet. Richman can't pass it 5 yards.

Moult, Taylor, Sheridan then Richman would be my pecking order.
Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »

Out of the 4 Moult is one who can spray the ball about. I not seen Taylor attempt a 40 yard crossfield yet. Richman can't pass it 5 yards.

I'm still not sure Taylor is ready for a regular starting birth while I think Sheridan will be an important player this season.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 05:58:44 PM »

I'm still not sure Taylor is ready for a regular starting birth while I think Sheridan will be an important player this season.

Taylor is more than ready. For me the first name on the team sheet for the centre mid role. What is he 18 or 19?perfect age, all this nonsense about protecting teenagers is rubbish. This is when you should play them, they have the energy and need to learn the game. He reads the game spot on already, mature beyond his years. Rooney was at his best at 18/19 without a doubt.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »

Taylor is more than ready. For me the first name on the team sheet for the centre mid role. What is he 18 or 19?perfect age, all this nonsense about protecting teenagers is rubbish. This is when you should play them, they have the energy and need to learn the game. He reads the game spot on already, mature beyond his years. Rooney was at his best at 18/19 without a doubt.

It's good to be able to discuss who the best options are rather than knowing it's going to be the same sh*te week in week out!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 07:27:18 PM »

Can see one of the four being frozen out ,probably Richman, unless we havea  midfiled injury crisis or lack of form he probably wont get a game

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »

Taylor has been one of our standout performers in pre-season and I've been very impressed with Sam Sheridan. I'd go with that pairing, at least initially.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »

Taylor has been one of our standout performers in pre-season and I've been very impressed with Sam Sheridan. I'd go with that pairing, at least initially.

Can see one of the four being frozen out ,probably Richman, unless we havea  midfiled injury crisis or lack of form he probably wont get a game

I've only seen one pre season game so maybe I'm wrong about Taylor being ready? If he is as good as everyone is saying then I too can see Richman being the odd one out especially with him missing so much of pre season.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2017, 09:37:46 AM »

Now is definitely not the time to be rash, especially after the debacle of the last couple of seasons.

If the budget truly allows it, I'd love to run with all four initially - they all know how quickly they can be cut if their standards drop.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 09:41:12 AM »

Now is definitely not the time to be rash, especially after the debacle of the last couple of seasons.

If the budget truly allows it, I'd love to run with all four initially - they all know how quickly they can be cut if their standards drop.

I would assume at least one is on pay as they play/squad. Maybe even 2. Richman and Taylor potentially? Therefore we might be able to
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2017, 10:07:25 AM »

Think Taylor is contracted
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »

I'd be amazed the years Richman has been here he's on play as you play