PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty 1-1 Chester ht
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alty 1-1 Chester ht  (Read 7669 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty 1-1 Chester ht
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 10:55:53 AM »

No hurry. A few will probably leave in the first few weeks of the season and perhaps one or two out in loan.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Alty69

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 12:45:23 PM »

Fgs Sam is 19 give him a break !!

dingo

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 01:01:53 PM »

I like Sam, but if it was just taken on current ability and nothing else, he would not be in that squad.

Moult hasn't looked great this preseason either, but I cant see him not playing.

Hope Thompson starts in goal, Deasey made a mess of that 1st goal versus Stockport which reminded me of the bad old days

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »

I was hugely impressed by the comfidence and ability of some of , actually most of, the players on show. Such a change from 12 months ago. If they gel and we have proven goalscorers I think we could be in for an entertaing season even if it is a lower league. At the end of the day I'd rather be winning in a lower league than losing in a higher league.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 04:29:47 PM »

Strangely looking forward to this season now (provided it's a novelty one-off) - visiting some interesting grounds, beer on the terrace...

All this can quickly evaporate within 10 minutes of the opening game  :D

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »

Some terrible decisions have been made over the last 2 to 3 seasons, we all agree and I appreciate some feel they have to stand by their decisions to stay away but this club needs support in numbers now, more than ever. Some of the players signed are very very good for this level and I am personally excited. It is gearing up for the type of football, which is attacking, a lot of wing play which I love to watch. I will be right behind them. Strength in depth is very impressive and if we can afford it then I would have cover for each position.

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 11:12:12 PM »

The website confirms the following players as contracted for season 2017-8:-

Kyle BROWNHILL
    Tim DEASY
    Shaun DENSMORE
    John DISNEY
    Josh HANCOCK
    Tom HANNIGAN
    Ben HARRISON
    Sam HEATHCOTE
    Jordan HULME
    John JOHNSTON
    Chris LYNCH
    Sean MILLER
    Jake MOULT
    Tomoli OMOTOLA
    Tom PEERS
    James POOLE
    Simon RICHMAN
    Sam SHERIDAN
    Lewis SHORT
    Laurence TAYLOR
    Anthony THOMPSON
    Jerome WRIGHT

I make that 22 with decisions to be made on James Jones and Josh Amis. Competition for places is never a bad thing.

Actually most of these are Non Contract Players (see PP's post match interview on official site)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 11:51:07 PM »

The website confirms the following players as contracted for season 2017-8:-

Kyle BROWNHILL
    Tim DEASY
    Shaun DENSMORE
    John DISNEY
    Josh HANCOCK
    Tom HANNIGAN
    Ben HARRISON
    Sam HEATHCOTE
    Jordan HULME
    John JOHNSTON
    Chris LYNCH
    Sean MILLER
    Jake MOULT
    Tomoli OMOTOLA
    Tom PEERS
    James POOLE
    Simon RICHMAN
    Sam SHERIDAN
    Lewis SHORT
    Laurence TAYLOR
    Anthony THOMPSON
    Jerome WRIGHT

I make that 22 with decisions to be made on James Jones and Josh Amis. Competition for places is never a bad thing.

Actually most of these are Non Contract Players (see PP's post match interview on official site)

Yes I noticed that this evening. Not quite the impression (well not at all actually) given on the official site http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/team.htm that's why I quoted it verbatim in my original post. Shows PP to be a confident individual as he clearly feels players will want to be part of what he's doing here. Would be a comfort to know how many of the squad could get poached at 5 days notice though....

markecky2

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 12:03:39 AM »

I don't think the word contracted was the correct one on the website, maybe registered was more appropriate? We'd never have 22 contracted players unless some were on month to month deals.

I'd imagine the bigger names have contracts like James Poole otherwise they would have gone somewhere that offered more security but some of the ones with a point to prove won't as yet.

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 07:36:33 AM »

PP seems keen to have "hungry" players and to want to maximise what he can do with the Budget.

Having lots of contracted players who can sit on their bums in the stand and get paid anyway suggests that they would lack in the "hungry" bit and also take up (waste) some of the Budget.

Those of us who can recall Leroy Chambers inter alia spending time sat in the stand because (allegedly) it was cold / he couldn't be arsed....sorry he was injured will have experience of the phenomenon to which I allude

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 08:21:19 AM »

PP seems keen to have "hungry" players and to want to maximise what he can do with the Budget.

Having lots of contracted players who can sit on their bums in the stand and get paid anyway suggests that they would lack in the "hungry" bit and also take up (waste) some of the Budget.

Those of us who can recall Leroy Chambers inter alia spending time sat in the stand because (allegedly) it was cold / he couldn't be arsed....sorry he was injured will have experience of the phenomenon to which I allude

Bit harsh to single out someone who actually scored a shed load of goals for us when he was playing. I'm only saying its harsh because over the years you have a plethora of more appropriate choices. I think we had Justin Bowler and Peter Thompson in the same season a few years back.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 03:57:51 PM »

Bit harsh to single out someone who actually scored a shed load of goals for us when he was playing. I'm only saying its harsh because over the years you have a plethora of more appropriate choices. I think we had Justin Bowler and Peter Thompson in the same season a few years back.

Let's Twiss again, like we did........maybe not
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty 1-1 Chester ht