PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First thoughts
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First thoughts  (Read 11764 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: First thoughts
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 09:33:01 AM »

Just read on the main site that the No.9 in the 2nd half was a trialist which I'm pleased about because he didn't really impress me and I thought he was the highly rated striker we'd signed from Witton! Of all the trialists the lad that wore no.3 at left back in the 1st half was the most impressive but we said that about Callum Charlton last pre season!
That number 3 didn't stand out for me, but I thought the tall number 2 looked half decent. James Poole looked classy, and in the second half Sam Sheridan practically ran the game single handed. It should be noted that we played most of the second half with 10 men !

I didn't notice we had 10 men,how did that come about?

I think the manager wasn't too worried about having 10 men .. I think he was thinking that the situation will arise when we are down to 10 men so we have to learn to cope with that scenario

markecky2

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »

It looked like what is was, lots of players who have had a few training sessions together with some trialists to season it and when you play two diff teams in each half it isn't going to be fluid as people have noted.

Good fitness workout on a hot day at a smashing football club, I'm glad we took quite a few and they made a few quid.

I liked listening to Parky second half the way he encouraged and asked questions of players as to where they could make runs/slot in.  I think he will be a great man manager and from his comments he doesn't sound like he will mess about in getting players in and out.

Interesting to see if this keeper Tony Thompson stays around, he played nine games for AFC Fylde last year.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 05:46:48 PM »

Excellent interview on the main website, shows that we need a striker and some of those players will move on.  Also picked up on taylor and moult sitting back.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 06:37:44 PM »

[quote  author=Snork Maiden link=topic=22622.msg267212#msg267212 date=1499538878]
Lets hope Hannigan, Densmore and Miller aren't still injured.

Hannigan was there but didn't feature. I didn't see Densmore or Miller but I'm led to believe Miller currently has his leg in plaster.
[/quote]

Apparently, Dens was at a wedding. He's been to a few recently, he must have a liking for wedding cake  ;)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 06:40:52 PM »

Excellent interview on the main website, shows that we need a striker and some of those players will move on.  Also picked up on taylor and moult sitting back.

We have signed three,peers ,gonzalez and the lad from Tranmere , Poole described himself as an attacking midfileder in the q and a session the other week , I suspect he will play behind the main striker.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 08:25:52 PM »

We have signed three,peers ,gonzalez and the lad from Tranmere , Poole described himself as an attacking midfileder in the q and a session the other week , I suspect he will play behind the main striker.

PP has said we need a striker in his post match interview. Non of the above mentioned featured yesterday but the manager obviously feels we need more options up top.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 06:19:45 AM »

Enjoyed the trip to Whitchurch, cracking club that seem to be on the way up. Seems a possibility that one of the strikers we've signed won't be staying for whatever reason, maybe work or something else. Sounds like we are in the process of bringing someone else in and will announce both at the same time. That's only guess work on the back of the interview

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 07:40:20 AM »

Enjoyed the trip to Whitchurch, cracking club that seem to be on the way up. Seems a possibility that one of the strikers we've signed won't be staying for whatever reason, maybe work or something else. Sounds like we are in the process of bringing someone else in and will announce both at the same time. That's only guess work on the back of the interview
I thought that too, someones part time job has fallen through so we've lost one
Bernard Taylors barmy army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »

Top of the league
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First thoughts