PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who's going to win the league
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who's going to win the league  (Read 9924 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Who's going to win the league
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 08:33:07 PM »

jake moult will drag us there every time we have been promoted we have a had a midfielder thats dragged us there .... he will be the man to do it feeling positive because i cant get any more negative  ;)
FFS

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 08:56:22 PM »

Maybe not that the friendlies have been arranged already but I don't recall how many friendlies we usually have, 9 seems a couple more than usual?
I think 9 games with a squad more or less fully assembled means we will be in an infinitely better position than last season.
I think Parky probably has a fair idea of his team and what he wants and it will force the squad to gel and perform.
I don't really care how we go up as long as we do.
Shaw lane will most likely be an (aqua) force next season. If we finish above them I think we'll be in the playoffs at least.
Over the past five years the number of PSFs has varied from seven (2013 & 2016) to eight (2012, 2014, 2015), so yes, it's more than usual but not by much.
Under Lee Sinnott we always had a "team bonding weekend" which meant one less friendly.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 11:50:08 PM »

I genuinely have no idea of the standard but what I do know is that last season we beat Blyth who ran away with it, on their ground in the Trophy, and even allowing for the fact they were likely focusing on the league, that really tells its own story, The worst by a very large distance modern day Alty side most of us can recall beat the league champions of the league we've just been relegated too 6 months ago has to count for something.

There's no doubt we'll be a lot of sides cup finals but unllke the coalition of chaos last pre-season I get the impression Parkinson actually knows what he's doing. We'll soon find out but if as an absolute minimum we are not in the play offs come late April we might as well give up.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 09:58:13 PM »

Hopefully we will win it....
We don't want any excuses, starting with a win at Whitchurch next Sat. in our first friendly of the new season.

I will be there, I may even bring the dog... I will ring them up and see what the score is about dogs on leads...

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »

We don't want any excuses, starting with a win at Whitchurch next Sat. in our first friendly of the new season.

I will be there, I may even bring the dog... I will ring them up and see what the score is about dogs on leads...
Can you set him on GR ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 07:44:10 AM »

Can you set him on GR ?

He could well lick him to death, he is as soft as sh1t, just a sprocker spaniel who is a bit mental  ;)

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 07:17:11 AM »

No idea who will win the league as I know nothing about this level and it be odd if I did,what I do know is most teams who get relegated by about 15 points don't go up the next season at any level

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »

No idea who will win the league as I know nothing about this level and it be odd if I did,what I do know is most teams who get relegated by about 15 points don't go up the next season at any level
Yes I agree with that Jimmy, got to hope the new broom thing works and quick
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who's going to win the league