PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Managers meeting
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Managers meeting  (Read 19316 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Managers meeting
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 06:52:52 PM »

Well to me from what I read and hear the club is finally on the up on the playing side. Surely the team need support and some, make Moss Lane noisy again and give the new players and management something to urge them on. Boycotting is counterproductive and frankly not what I'd expect true supporters to do. We can hopefully get back on track this season, winning it would be nice but I'm realistic, we have more chance though with fans in Moss Lane than those watching TV or shopping with the wife. Time to stop this now.

Shaw Lane won their promotion to this league in front of gates below 200. Your argument doesn't wash with me. A good team will win whether they're watched by 50 or by 50,000.

I'll give them every encouragement away from home though, starting at Whitchurch, Kidsgrove, and Costa del Clwyd.

AltySupporter

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:50 PM »

Well to me from what I read and hear the club is finally on the up on the playing side. Surely the team need support and some, make Moss Lane noisy again and give the new players and management something to urge them on. Boycotting is counterproductive and frankly not what I'd expect true supporters to do. We can hopefully get back on track this season, winning it would be nice but I'm realistic, we have more chance though with fans in Moss Lane than those watching TV or shopping with the wife. Time to stop this now.

Absolutely. Yes we know some don't like the current chairman but its time to change the record and get behind the lads on the field wherever they play and show the new management team they have our support.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 07:57:53 PM »

I hope that Tom Hannigan doesn't suffer another injury whilst he's on his honeymoon.

Groin strain?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 08:05:16 PM »

Looks like there'll be plenty at away games this season. Looking forward to seeing some new grounds.

arnald

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 08:26:58 PM »

Ile be giving it another try this season it can only get better I suppose ,and maybe a win or two rather than lose every game I attend

GB Alty

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 12:38:07 PM »

With regards to steves call for fans to return...it was not the quality of football that kept me away..id turn up however sh*te we are...so i will certainly be cheering pp and the boys away from home and hopefully will return to moss lane when there is a leader at the top i have confidence in...
spot on

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 05:49:16 PM »

I'll be back this season at Ryhl away after stopping coming for the last 8 weeks

Come on you reds
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2017, 12:36:22 AM »

With regards to steves call for fans to return...it was not the quality of football that kept me away..id turn up however sh*te we are...so i will certainly be cheering pp and the boys away from home and hopefully will return to moss lane when there is a leader at the top i have confidence in...
spot on

Exactly this. We've been relegated twice in two seasons. A promotion bid from a league we shouldn't even be in, in the first place shouldn't sway everyone back to unquestioning loyalty, Like quite a few others I shall focus on away games and see what happens off the pitch.

Jenga

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2017, 08:33:19 PM »

A sensible question this........what happens to those fans who decide to boycott home games, if we are top of the league? Do you return on the basis the club has been turned around? What happens if we win promotion and are at the top of the league or near it? Do you return?

At what point do you return, is what i am asking if the club is truly turned around under GR?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2017, 09:13:48 PM »

A sensible question this........what happens to those fans who decide to boycott home games, if we are top of the league? Do you return on the basis the club has been turned around? What happens if we win promotion and are at the top of the league or near it? Do you return?

At what point do you return, is what i am asking if the club is truly turned around under GR?

This is what GR is hoping for. He's hoping that we'll start the season well and everything will be forgotten. Unfortunately too much has gone on under his leadership and a lot of minds won't be changed until he steps aside as chairman.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »

spot on

Yeah - same here. I think Rowley has f**ked us over on this share thing (no new investors from what I hear, and now he has more control - whole thing was fabricated - FFS). But willing to give the new manager a chance. I will cut my cheque for one more year. But if the rumours are true, that he really did screw us..then I am done.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2017, 10:05:06 PM »

. I think Rowley has f**ked us over on this share thing (no new investors from what I hear, and now he has more control - whole thing was fabricated - FFS).

To put that statement right - GR doesnt have those shares - they are now owned within "Treasury" by the club itself, with power bestowed upon the directors (elected by the owners of the club) to sell them as and when they see the right opportunity.

He currently has the same control he had before, if these shares are then issued, and not to him, then he has less control.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »

Of course we will do well this year; it'd be one hell of an 'achievement' to f**k this league up. It changes absolutely nothing - just delays the inevitable struggle moving forward, unless there is real change. I'll be at Whitchurch and Rhyl.

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2017, 11:38:33 PM »

I'll probably succumb if we look good away and promotion is on the cards. But it won't feel 100% right.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 07:27:34 AM »

are you coming back soon?  X
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Managers meeting