PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pitch Perimeter fencing
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pitch Perimeter fencing  (Read 8502 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Pitch Perimeter fencing
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »

Must admit the ground does look weird with all of the Pitch Perimeter fencing now removed (Sorry no photo) except the posts
@AltyDaz

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pitch Perimeter fencing
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »

Did you see Fyldes perimeter fencing - it was just a removable frame about 50cm high with slot in advertising boards - I wasnt sure if that was their permanent solution for flexibility or a temporary.

On the one hand it gave a more open aspect to the pitch, but in our case would give you nothing to lean on around the perimeter - but would enforce people being "in the stand" rather than on the pavement so to speak.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 04:01:12 PM »

Did you see Fyldes perimeter fencing - it was just a removable frame about 50cm high with slot in advertising boards - I wasnt sure if that was their permanent solution for flexibility or a temporary.

On the one hand it gave a more open aspect to the pitch, but in our case would give you nothing to lean on around the perimeter - but would enforce people being "in the stand" rather than on the pavement so to speak.

No and don't know what its going to look like just know they are replacing it.
@AltyDaz

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 07:22:55 PM »

"it wont be as good as it used to be " i can see being posted 20 seconds after its completed

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 07:46:44 PM »

Good news been needed for years, hopefully a decent solid steel box section fence. Amazed Trafford MBC haven't insisted by now. Sure a section collapsed years ago in a cup game v someone. Slow but sure signs we might actually finally getting our act together and hopefully moving together to try and get out of this mess. Not all about the on pitch stuff, the ground has been decaying.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »

Good news been needed for years, hopefully a decent solid steel box section fence. Amazed Trafford MBC haven't insisted by now. Sure a section collapsed years ago in a cup game v someone. Slow but sure signs we might actually finally getting our act together and hopefully moving together to try and get out of this mess. Not all about the on pitch stuff, the ground has been decaying.
have to agree . The perimeter has been a rotting mess for years now
ParkINson's red and white army

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 12:10:07 AM »

It was Huddersfield Town

One of a number of occasions when the then head policeman in Alty Supt Arrowsmith excelled himself with his rreaction to somethin in the ground. Another one was Alty v Barnet live on TV with an attendance of 4501

York Alty is back

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 08:43:24 AM »

Something 50cm high sounds like a trip hazard to me. The text on the boards would also be far smaller than on something waist high, and for those with bobbins eyesight like me I'd not be able to read that across the pitch.  It has needed doing for some time, I hope not one penny has been taken from the playing budget.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 11:33:24 AM »

Something 50cm high sounds like a trip hazard to me. The text on the boards would also be far smaller than on something waist high, and for those with bobbins eyesight like me I'd not be able to read that across the pitch.  It has needed doing for some time, I hope not one penny has been taken from the playing budget.
think it's funded

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 09:39:46 AM »

think it's funded

Cost are £22,000, £20,000 made up in grants. Assume remaining £2k will come from new boards being able to go up

I hope there is a big push for signing up new companies to start advertising
It's all my fault.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 11:41:31 AM »

think it's funded

Cost are £22,000, £20,000 made up in grants. Assume remaining £2k will come from new boards being able to go up

Thanks for that info - seconded. Well done to all involved.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »

think it's funded

Thanks for that info - seconded. Well done to all involved.
thirded long overdue this

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 06:04:27 PM »

The perimeter fence is not a safety barrier, that's why quite a few NL grounds either don't have them or have just advertising boards etc.
The local councils only enforce public safety.
The club has known it needed doing for years but the club invested in the playing side  ;) ::) :P look where that got us !

markecky2

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »

The playing budget should probably set after such necessary work is done.  Neglecting most of the ground to pour every penny into previous playing budgets has really served us well hasn't it. You do seem permanently annoyed about everything.

Well done to whoever has done the no doubt 500 page form filling this required to get this funding, excellent work.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »

The playing budget should probably set after such necessary work is done.  Neglecting most of the ground to pour every penny into previous playing budgets has really served us well hasn't it. You do seem permanently annoyed about everything.

Well done to whoever has done the no doubt 500 page form filling this required to get this funding, excellent work.

Have to agree with this,certain aspects of the ground are in dire need of attention. Judging by the squad PP has put together it doesn't seem to have affected the budget much in any case.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pitch Perimeter fencing