PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pay per point Season Ticket
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pay per point Season Ticket  (Read 16154 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pay per point Season Ticket
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »

How hard would it be to set up an auxiliary webpage for processing such transactions?

It would be relatively easy to do for individual ticketed games, but season tickets at those amounts would probably mean a fair whack of commission and subsequent loss of revenue.

We will never be able to sell directly from the official website in its current format. A transition to Wix or another drag and drop site builder would open a lot of doors for the club.

Do you know how much it would cost to set up a new website with e-commerce facilities?

Yes
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 09:42:01 PM »

Shopify is between 0.5 and 2%. + 20p per transaction and an £19 a month fee.

Add the cost of those transactions similar to a booking fee, or absorb the £5 of a season ticket to help reach more people

It's all my fault.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2017, 10:59:57 PM »

Add the cost of those transactions similar to a booking fee, or absorb the £5 of a season ticket to help reach more people

Shopify is far from the only ecommerce show in town and not all operate on a percentage per transaction basis. There is also the open source route if you can get a knowledgeable supporter to build the site.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2017, 11:14:40 PM »

How hard would it be to set up an auxiliary webpage for processing such transactions?

It would be relatively easy to do for individual ticketed games, but season tickets at those amounts would probably mean a fair whack of commission and subsequent loss of revenue.

We will never be able to sell directly from the official website in its current format. A transition to Wix or another drag and drop site builder would open a lot of doors for the club.

Do you know how much it would cost to set up a new website with e-commerce facilities?

Yes

What would be a ball park figure?

Despite the current situation, it could be a positive step if we could raise some funds to get this going.

I'm not sure people at the club realise how much people expect to be able to purchase anything online now.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 11:23:37 PM »

Shopify is far from the only ecommerce show in town and not all operate on a percentage per transaction basis. There is also the open source route if you can get a knowledgeable supporter to build the site.

shopify can be integrated into Social platforms well, but I agree plenty of options out there
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »

SagePay offer 350 purchases for £19.50 a month, this is integrate able into Wordpress which most tech savvy could implement.
It's all my fault.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 11:41:55 PM »

Despite the current situation, it could be a positive step if we could raise some funds to get this going.

I'm not sure people at the club realise how much people expect to be able to purchase anything online now.

In truth my answer was somewhat flippant Jimmy....in my defence it's been a hard day...week...year

It is a little like asking how long is a piece of string as there are many factors influencing the cost. However, I would have thought for a fairly basic ecommerce site (and I can't imagine we would require much more than that) built by a small agency or freelancer, you'd be looking at somewhere between £3K - £6K. If looking at something rather more sophisticated and built by a larger agency you could be looking at upwards of £15K.

They really are ballpark figures that I've just pulled out of my arse the air.....in an educated manner of course.

I put one together for an acquaintance over here for a few grand a few years back.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 12:55:21 AM »

In truth my answer was somewhat flippant Jimmy....in my defence it's been a hard day...week...year

It is a little like asking how long is a piece of string as there are many factors influencing the cost. However, I would have thought for a fairly basic ecommerce site (and I can't imagine we would require much more than that) built by a small agency or freelancer, you'd be looking at somewhere between £3K - £6K. If looking at something rather more sophisticated and built by a larger agency you could be looking at upwards of £15K.

They really are ballpark figures that I've just pulled out of my arse the air.....in an educated manner of course.

I put one together for an acquaintance over here for a few grand a few years back.

No worries.

Well at that price I can imagine that it's not something the club would jump at, however you'd reckon that after a few seasons it would pay for itself.

I considered signing up for the monthly draw but it involved sending a letter to the club. I couldn't be bothered in the end. I know that's just me being lazy but I know I'm not the only one...

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 12:57:37 AM »

In an odd twist I've just noticed that we do have an online shop: http://altrinchamfconlineshop.go-ecommerce.com/shopping/mall/altrinchamfconlineshop/Product/season-tickets-season-tickets-1338117

However they are selling season tickets for the 2014/2015 season. ::)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 07:52:44 AM »

No worries.

Well at that price I can imagine that it's not something the club would jump at, however you'd reckon that after a few seasons it would pay for itself.

I considered signing up for the monthly draw but it involved sending a letter to the club. I couldn't be bothered in the end. I know that's just me being lazy but I know I'm not the only one...
The monthly draw should be an online form.

As for a shop, £3,000 is ludicrous. You could build an entire new club website for similar cash to that.
It's all my fault.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »

The monthly draw should be an online form.

As for a shop, £3,000 is ludicrous. You could build an entire new club website for similar cash to that.

Down of yer box there. Those prices were for a whole website build incorporating an online shop. I certainly wouldn't be recommending bolting on an ecommerce module to the current site (which could do with a rework anyway). If you were going to go down the ecommerce route at all, you may as well start from scratch.

If you want to go down the cheapest route, why not just set up a Paypal business account and use Paypal buttons (code generated for you) on a new shop page?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:31:03 AM by Uncle Globnasty »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2017, 01:18:04 PM »

Before we all get above ourselves with a who has the biggest tech willy competition I think it's fair to say that the only thing blocking the club from doing this is a bit of a mix of lack of knowhow, ambition and commercial awareness.

You can let it cost whatever you feel like really and you adapt the scale to the value it will bring. The fact we haven't done it says more about where the club sits in terms of progression.

(Edit: I just want to add that this has been highlighted in that daft 5 year plan we had so it's no slur on the new board members who I know have some IT background. This should have been sorted a few years back, odd to think we operated commercially like this in the Conf national.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:20:32 PM by L'Homme du Sport »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »

Before we all get above ourselves with a who has the biggest tech willy competition I think it's fair to say that the only thing blocking the club from doing this is a bit of a mix of lack of knowhow, ambition and commercial awareness.

You can let it cost whatever you feel like really and you adapt the scale to the value it will bring. The fact we haven't done it says more about where the club sits in terms of progression.

(Edit: I just want to add that this has been highlighted in that daft 5 year plan we had so it's no slur on the new board members who I know have some IT background. This should have been sorted a few years back, odd to think we operated commercially like this in the Conf national.)

Well said that man.

....and for the record, my willy is far from technical and operates under a prehistoric algorithm (of course the algorithm method of contraception is fully approved by the catholic church, for whom strategic withdrawal has been a widely used and totally ineffective policy throughout history.....but that's another can of worms altogether....your honour).

What was this thread about again?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2017, 02:15:09 PM »

I'm pretty sure that Hereford United used to operate a scheme whereby the price on the gate was determined by their league position. I seem to recall on one occasion when we played there, they had fallen down the league a bit and we got in at the cheaper price.
Come on Alty!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure that Hereford United used to operate a scheme whereby the price on the gate was determined by their league position. I seem to recall on one occasion when we played there, they had fallen down the league a bit and we got in at the cheaper price.

Jaysus wept.....they'd be paying us to attend at this stage of proceedings
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pay per point Season Ticket