PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What do you think so far?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What do you think so far?  (Read 9343 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 28, 2017, 04:16:56 PM »

Hi all,

Not posted in ages but thought I would message in to give my opinion of things so far this close season, and find out the consensus on what my fellow fans think. Aside from the GR situation which currently I have no great concern about and it has been covered on other threads anyway, I wanted to know re the appointment of PP and the players signed so far.

Of my own opinion, I think Phil Parkinson has great potential and I like his take on how to get the best out of players. I also the fact that players are coming here wanting to play for him, as well as the club; he seems very good at attracting and signing players to mount a challenge at least next season.

We have had two years of hurt now, but I think we should put it past us now and look to the future. This with the investment, is looking forwards, and changing the hurt of the past couple of years. Every team suffers a couple of bad seasons every so often when it seems no matter what, the bad results keep on coming relentlessly. Look at City in the past, and United in the 73/74 season. I hope, and honestly feel we will now come to an end for the last couple of seasons, and will rebuild the club going forwards, with much to look forward to.

As far as the players are concerned, all the signings seem very keen to prove themselves and we have made some very interesting ones. We have kept the nucleus of a good side, with good add-ons such as John Johnston. The likes of Joe Mswale, I did feel he had more to offer than he actually did when he played for us, but I also feel that PP will bring more out of him. Other players interest me a great deal. Like the mixed signings from above and below our league, and await next season with interest. Need a manager/fans meeting now to hear what plans are afoot for the future. By the way, the more friendlies we have, the sooner the whole squad will gel. Just need a goalkeeper now and perhaps another forward or left back.

Anyone else want to add anything?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:20:12 PM by Steve from Sale »

Mausoleum Alty

Re: What do you think so far?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 04:53:57 PM »

Hi all,

Not posted in ages but thought I would message in to give my opinion of things so far this close season, and find out the consensus on what my fellow fans think. Aside from the GR situation which currently I have no great concern about and it has been covered on other threads anyway, I wanted to know re the appointment of PP and the players signed so far.

Of my own opinion, I think Phil Parkinson has great potential and I like his take on how to get the best out of players. I also the fact that players are coming here wanting to play for him, as well as the club; he seems very good at attracting and signing players to mount a challenge at least next season.

We have had two years of hurt now, but I think we should put it past us now and look to the future. This with the investment, is looking forwards, and changing the hurt of the past couple of years. Every team suffers a couple of bad seasons every so often when it seems no matter what, the bad results keep on coming relentlessly. Look at City in the past, and United in the 73/74 season. I hope, and honestly feel we will now come to an end for the last couple of seasons, and will rebuild the club going forwards, with much to look forward to.

As far as the players are concerned, all the signings seem very keen to prove themselves and we have made some very interesting ones. We have kept the nucleus of a good side, with good add-ons such as John Johnston. The likes of Joe Mswale, I did feel he had more to offer than he actually did when he played for us, but I also feel that PP will bring more out of him. Other players interest me a great deal. Like the mixed signings from above and below our league, and await next season with interest. Need a manager/fans meeting now to hear what plans are afoot for the future. By the way, the more friendlies we have, the sooner the whole squad will gel. Just need a goalkeeper now and perhaps another forward or left back.

Anyone else want to add anything?

How many left back's do you want Steve? We've got at least 2 players for every position including left back. We seem to have made some decent signings in the last few weeks and seem to have a good enough squad now to have a good go at getting straight back up but until Mr Rowley steps down my enthusiasm will remain wilted I'm afraid.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 05:54:04 PM »

Quite happy with the signings, barring a couple. Think we need a proven keeper.

Ive renewed my season ticket
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 05:57:04 PM »

I'm scared to type it.. but I'm hopeful for the new season under Phil

It's going to be interesting to see how long it takes for the team to gell under him

Some good signings on paper

I'm praying for a good start

However regardless of results I don't want to see another change of management at the club for a long time
ParkINson's red and white army

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 07:25:07 PM »

I agree entirely with this Wayno

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »

Very excited...we've got a young manager who seems to know his onions....our biggest problem maybe keeping him beyond a couple of years success.

Like the signings....just concerned about mwasile and Gonzales......hoping deasy can get and stay fit to be a commanding presence behind the players in front.

hope moult and richman can get to their best...not sure how another club fan would feel if they had signed them compared with how we feel about some of our signings....

want to buy a season ticket but refuse to support GR....mainly due to his petulant attitude towards those fans volunteering to help....maybe i'll just go to away games this season....

if we want investment we have to make shares available somehow.....worried the likes of white rosenfield etc will block this....and we have to be prepared for a white knight turning into a charlatan...

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 09:44:43 PM »

No comment - most were happy with Neil Youngs signings before the season started

To bounce back at the first attempt is the minimum requirement for me so I'm not particularly excited about signing players from Nantwich - its no more than par

York Alty is back

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »

On the pitch is progressing, we deffo need a keeper and a winning start to the season is very important.

Off the field I fear we're heading into a stupor, a period of nothing changing, the doldrums. We will make no consolidated progress until Mr. Rowley goes and the current share transactions aren't shifting him.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 09:58:11 PM »

No comment - most were happy with Neil Youngs signings before the season started

To bounce back at the first attempt is the minimum requirement for me so I'm not particularly excited about signing players from Nantwich - its no more than par

I'd have been more excited if Young had signed the players Parkinson has! Thank god we've seen the back of Charlie Joyce,Wayne Hattersley,Craig Hobson etc.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 12:20:37 AM »

I'm happy enough with the squad PP has assembled - potential to win the Glue League, and possibly the nucleus of a successful Vanarama North challenge 12 months later.

Of course, if that scenario unfolds, he'll move on to bigger and better things.....and that's when our troubles could resurface.

I'm with Jezza however. I expect to see those of you who know me on some alien ground next season. 21 points from the first 30 on offer might tempt me back to Moss Lane. It sounds a big ask, but it's what we need (equivalent to 96 points in the season).

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 04:20:07 AM »

Humiliation, I'd say, sums it up for me so far.

York Alty is back

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 07:20:12 AM »

Humiliation, I'd say, sums it up for me so far.
we have at least one full season of it ahead, quite possibly more.     Humble Pie on offer in the CSH?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 12:27:25 PM »

The players signed are mostly of Evostik quality, so we should be just fine this season. Still a keeper and a striker short of guaranteed success in my view. Moving forward,  we need new leadership obviously. 
I haven't purchased a season ticket,  given lack of movement on that front.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 12:49:37 PM »

The players signed are mostly of Evostik quality, so we should be just fine this season. Still a keeper and a striker short of guaranteed success in my view. Moving forward,  we need new leadership obviously. 
I haven't purchased a season ticket,  given lack of movement on that front.

Salford have confirmed Jay Lynch wont be there next season , maybe will be in for him ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 01:08:26 PM »

We could do worse, though he'll be hoping for a higher level gig.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team