PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Author Topic: Press release re Investment  (Read 92056 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Press release re Investment
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2017, 08:31:43 AM »

Current major shareholders, particularly those not involved in the running of the club, may well be inclined to block any new investor because the process of 'activating' the 117,000 shares would effectively halve their percentage and with it presumably the value of those shares.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2017, 12:10:31 PM »

Completely agree with Fat Jan's takedown on the 'GR takeover plot'. That isn't the issue. What is a possibility in my view is the Board might be tempted to favour investors with whom they feel 'more comfortable'. The shareholders and others on here who have said they are not backing proposal 4 are effectively saying the shareholders are best placed to protect the interests of the club or indeed assess the benefit of any deal. I think they are mistaken.

Voting against proposal 4 is passing power from the Board (over which we as smaller shareholders and supporters have some but limited influence) to larger shareholders (over whom we have no influence whatsoever). My preference is to Vote yes  to 1-4 and then mobilise ALL  supporters of the club - not just those who have a vote on 15 June, to ensure the Board act in the very best interests of our club, even if that has implications for their positions. As they are Alty fans it's what any of us would do.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:21:05 PM by JTH »

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2017, 06:52:40 PM »

On balance for me, it boils down to two key questions:
Firstly,  who  should be making the decision? For me, it's the owners of the Club, warts and all.
Secondly, does  the Board of Directors have the integrity and competence to make the right decision? Based on the evidence of decisions made up to now, you'd have to make your own judgement on that. Clearly it's in the interests of the Board to go for the investment options which favour their positions.
For my  part, I'll vote against resolution 4, so that my conscience is clear.

tottenham alty

« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2017, 05:18:46 AM »

For those that don't know Dom McGuinness is Talksport's Manchester correspondent. It was his telephone Mourinho answered in that press conference ^__^

Jezza

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2017, 01:03:27 PM »

When is the EGM?

I note the discounted season tickets deadline has been extended by a couple of weeks.......sales disappointing Mr Chairman?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »

15th June, i asked same thing.

I believe season ticket sales have been good.

roytonmike

« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2017, 05:16:36 PM »

When is the EGM?
I note the discounted season tickets deadline has been extended by a couple of weeks.......sales disappointing Mr Chairman?
As a matter of strictly factual information, the extension to the deadline was activated on May 17th - renewal letters sent out at that time carried the June 17th deadline date. There was recent mention on another thread, if I remember correctly, that we had already sold more S/Ts than Stalybridge, tho' that's probably not saying much.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2017, 07:21:36 PM »

What is the likely outcome at the EGM ?

York Alty is back

« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »

What is the likely outcome at the EGM ?

The board will get all four clauses voted through.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2017, 07:50:22 PM »

When is the EGM?
As a matter of strictly factual information, the extension to the deadline was activated on May 17th - renewal letters sent out at that time carried the June 17th deadline date. There was recent mention on another thread, if I remember correctly, that we had already sold more S/Ts than Stalybridge, tho' that's probably not saying much.

Stalybridge had 30 season ticket holders last year

taxi Phil

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2017, 08:54:12 PM »

When is the EGM?

We had nearly that many walk-outs  :D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2017, 09:36:52 PM »

When is the EGM?

We had nearly that many walk-outs  :D
thank heavens we had a clicker counting them out or we would never have known
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty is back

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2017, 11:11:36 PM »

When is the EGM?

I am intrigued by how you know that. I am not saying you're wrong by any means, it's just an odd thing to know!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2017, 05:14:30 AM »

It was discussed on the stalybridge Celtic messageboard towards the end of last season. It was a circa 30 rather than a round 30 also

taxi Phil

« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2017, 07:39:32 AM »

It was discussed on the stalybridge Celtic messageboard towards the end of last season. It was a circa 30 rather than a round 30 also

We should sell them our clicker.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Press release re Investment