PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sefton Gonzales & Sam Sheridan sign
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sefton Gonzales & Sam Sheridan sign  (Read 13282 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sefton Gonzales & Sam Sheridan sign
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 09:34:10 PM »

We're an evostick league club, that finished miles adrift in the conference north. We've signed a player from a team that finished 13th in the league above and a player from a side that finished 7th in the league above. Welcome
beautiful let's do this
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 09:36:57 PM »

Not massively overwhelmed by either but having said that we're Evostick now so they may be good players at that level and Gonzales has to be better than Hobson and Owens!! Welcome to Alty lads and good luck.

I'm not massively overwhelmed either but Sheridan did play 40 times for a team that finished 13th (and 23 points ahead of us) in the conference north last season. Whilst that hardly makes him Zidane, he would be within his rights to say that makes him more useful than Moult or Richman on recent evidence.

Gonzales at least looks athletic (if not speedy) in contrast to Hobson and Hattersley (I haven't seen enough to comment on Owens) so we'll see. As said above it is the evo stik league after all and at least we have Poole.

Who knows, I'm still thoroughly depressed about the whole shambles but that isn't the new players and managements fault so meh...

Hattersley looked speedy compared to Owens.

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 11:13:33 PM »

We're an evostick league club, that finished miles adrift in the conference north. We've signed a player from a team that finished 13th in the league above and a player from a side that finished 7th in the league above. Welcome

Agreed.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 12:45:14 AM »

Sheridan was here 3/4 years ago. Not good enough then? Looked average every time I've seen him since then! That said, he's at a lower level so could do a job? Surely behind Moult and Richman though?

I hope Gonzalez has a point to prove, but could be a dodgy signing if Wiki (on appearances
 and goals) and Stockpot forum are to be believed...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 01:31:04 AM »

From John Laidlar's archives:

Sam SHERIDAN (d.o.b. 30.11.1989)

Sam, who has captained Bolton Wanderers' reserves and has played for Ireland under-19s, joined Altrincham as an emergency loan from the Trotters on 22 September 2009.

He had played against Alty, being in the Wanderers' squad for a friendly at Moss Lane in 2006.

Sam made his Alty debut against Tamworth on 22 September 2009 and impressed with his skill and energy.

He played 4 (+1) games for Altrincham before his loan expired and he returned to the Reebok Stadium.

Career appearances for Altrincham: 4+1, 0 goals.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 07:39:36 AM »

Sheridan was here 3/4 years ago. Not good enough then? Looked average every time I've seen him since then! That said, he's at a lower level so could do a job? Surely behind Moult and Richman though?
As you can see from Cult's post, it was 8 years ago. He was certainly good enough then as I remember, and had a decent spell at Barrow later. He's not a flashy player, rather more a grafter. He should be a useful asset at this level.

York Alty is back

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 08:26:31 AM »

I'm not massively overwhelmed either but Sheridan did play 40 times for a team that finished 13th (and 23 points ahead of us) in the conference north last season. Whilst that hardly makes him Zidane, he would be within his rights to say that makes him more useful than Moult or Richman on recent evidence.

Gonzales at least looks athletic (if not speedy) in contrast to Hobson and Hattersley (I haven't seen enough to comment on Owens) so we'll see. As said above it is the evo stik league after all and at least we have Poole.

Who knows, I'm still thoroughly depressed about the whole shambles but that isn't the new players and managements fault so meh...
[/quote]

[/quote] Speedy Gonzales?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »

Lets have some perspective here folks ... I am glad Sam Sheridan has been signed.  Just cast your mind back a couple of months and remember the shambles of a team that served up the same dross week on week... Moult and Richman were part of that dross so lets not start elevating them as anything special... nobody from last season came out well....

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 10:04:35 AM »

When Sheridan had a spell here he looked  decent but that was a long time ago eiether way he would have to go some to be as moderate as Richman or as unarsed as Moult became,I know nothing about the other bloke

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 10:30:34 AM »

Lets have some perspective here folks ... I am glad Sam Sheridan has been signed.  Just cast your mind back a couple of months and remember the shambles of a team that served up the same dross week on week... Moult and Richman were part of that dross so lets not start elevating them as anything special... nobody from last season came out well....

Indeed
Players from better teams than us - a theoretical improvement and we are a level below as well

Welcome fella's
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 12:01:19 PM »

I hope Gonzalez has a point to prove, but could be a dodgy signing if Wiki (on appearances
 and goals) and Stockpot forum are to be believed...

He doesn't even have a Wikipedia article?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 12:47:52 PM »

PP has been managing pretty successfully in the Evostik for three years. Quite a few on here have been saying they don't know where half the clubs are, never mind the required standard of team to challenge for promotion. He's already said he doesn't believe in wholesale clear-outs and backs himself to get the best out of players, evidence of which he can point to at Nantwich. At the very least it's a logical approach (at last).

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 02:46:14 PM »

Happy with the Sam Sheridan signing tbh. A local lad who will provide competition for places in midfield and will impress in the Evostik. I hope I'm wrong about Sefton Gonzales, but as others have said, PP knows the level better than us

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »

Sorrry... I typed Sefton Gonzales Wiki into Google. This is what I looked at on his stats. You're right there is no Wiki !

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=87536&season_id=145

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »

[/quote] Speedy Gonzales?
[/quote]

Well, yes, well done.

It's almost like that was the gag  ::) ...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sefton Gonzales & Sam Sheridan sign