PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Idiots guide to northern premier league football
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Idiots guide to northern premier league football  (Read 47325 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Idiots guide to northern premier league football
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2017, 08:43:46 PM »

Hi Gents - Witton Albion FC supporter here.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but you are where you are in football. We've just had a very difficult season in the Evostick Division One South with endless travelling across to Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire & local derbies in Staffordshire so to be playing again in the Premier Division is brilliant.

We're delighted to be playing against Alty again after all these years with some great Cheshire derbies to look forward to also. Whitby Town is a great day/weekend out & there are lots of other teams in the Division that you'll enjoy visiting, particularly Witton!!. With so many Cheshire derbies it's almost a throwback to the old Cheshire League days [for those of you who are over 60 like me!] & fondly remember a 5-5 derby in the 1960s where your legend Jackie Swindells scoring at least three. I used to ref @ Moss Lane & was lining on Alty v Lincoln City when you won 3-2 in the 90s.

Phil Parkinson's done well for Nantwich Town & it'll be interesting to see who follows him from there.

GE

You are Mister G Edgeley...and I claim my £10!

That 5-5 draw between Alty and Witton Albion in the Cheshire County League occurred at Moss Lane on Saturday, 14th October 1967.

By all accounts, Alty were leading 5-2 with around 10 minutes to play but an injury to the Robins' goalkeeper Brian Quigley restricted his mobility and Witton promptly capitalised by scoring three goals in quick succession.

The Alty goalscorers included Les Campbell, Johnny Worth and (inevitably) Jackie Swindells.

Trevor Ogden appears to have scored at least two of Witton's goals on that afternoon.

[/quote

I thought I didn't remember this game but thanks to Google I confirmed that it was the very date I gave in to my school mate and went to Maine Road to watch City beat Wolves 2-0. The experience from the middle of the Kippax Stand was unbelievable and I continued to watch City for the rest of the season and, as those of you with long memories will recall, they won the First Division!

taxi Phil

Re: Idiots guide to northern premier league football
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2017, 09:25:09 PM »

Indeed Ballers, not matter how much torture Cult has endured hes not cracked.

Fair play
What's your name boy ?

Don't tell 'em Pikesley !
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Idiots guide to northern premier league football