PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gut feelings for saturdays AGM
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gut feelings for saturdays AGM  (Read 8143 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:00:19 PM »

So,how is everybodies mindset? Is there a chance we may be playing conference national football next season? I get the feeling they may just let things go on as they are and hope for the best.The silence coming from the conference is pretty baffling, unless, as in war of the worlds they are "quietly drawing up there plans against us"  so to speak and have been watching on with interest and already know the outcome of saturdays AGM and have decided a club or two is in for the high jump and will reveal all in bournemouth on saturday.

Thoughts???

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gut feelings for saturdays AGM
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:05:34 PM »

We have a 1 in 20 chance of staying up my head says yes my heart says no.
@AltyDaz

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

80% sure we will be in the BSN >:(

could be wrong though  ;D

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 07:28:49 PM »

Have converted to RC, Islam, Mormon and all other known religions and am spending the next 48 hours on prayer mat but still think we're off to Barrow.

Full time and proud of it

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »

Have converted to RC, Islam, Mormon and all other known religions and am spending the next 48 hours on prayer mat but still think we're off to Barrow.

Thats your problem your praying in the wrong direction Blue squre premier doesn't go that far
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:37:00 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

thegazelle

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 11:01:32 PM »

I thin k we have to feel what it would be like as a supporter of one of the teams in supposed peril hold our hands up and get on with planning for promotion next year
if we are a winning team next year it will not affect crowds and income too much.

however this even minded theory doesnt apply if the salt pit dwellers get chucked out i would happily take their place.

a play off final win at stoke against Tamworth and a cup run that knocks out the canniving cheats at boston and crawley(last minute kingy /neenan esque penalty) with a third round tie against man u would make it even sweeter. me to win the lottery and a night with any super model.

well a man can hope

markecky

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 08:31:18 AM »

I wonder just how much the appointment of Steve Evans will have got people backs up in the Conference boardroom for Crawley.  Or will they have a dig around and find something on the ever popular Mr Connett and make him a scapegoat? Have Halifax worried them with the uncertainty there?  And as for Boston, the ground is boarded up with no manager and owing £3 milliion quid. Welcome back lads.

I think we may get a reprieve. I just hope we haven't talked ourselves out of one.

I also  just hope we have a press statement prepared that isn't along the lines "Christ Almighty..thats done it now"

teasybeaver

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 08:42:26 AM »

Think we are more deserving of a place in the league than the likes of Crawley who have blatantly cheated time and time again signing players and mercenaries when they are supposedly in admin. Boston are a joke, cant see that mess being sorted out today so we'll surely be ahead of them i the pecking order!

But thats just it, surely we deserve that league more than them but in my heart I know that where the conf is involved the right thing rarely gets done.

I think its 50/50, purely down to Boston.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 10:14:55 AM »

I think that too much has actually gone on for anything to happen and the conference may just have to try and let it ride. Depends on BS and Setenta I guess, will there be more damage done by clubs being chucked out or remaining in the league but in a mess. Whilst Crawley, Boston, Halifax, Weymuff are hardly Real Madrid I don't think Steenta would want a league with us Tam Port St Albans Droylsden F\rsley Histon Salisbury in it. How weak would that league be?

Whilst I think Crawley should have been chucked out ages ago I dont't garee with all the shenanigans. i.e. the rules should say, in administration for more than 3 months - definately relegated, enter into a CVA - thrown out immediately, as things stand they don't exactly say that. Therefore, Halifax have no chairnman etc, big deal, they'll get taken over, no way they won't not play on.. So Crawley pay people less than they owe them, nowt to do with football just means that no one will give them credit, Weymuff owe £2mil, doesn't make much different.. Boston are just hamming up the difficulty, wheres he benefit in saying oh look we've sorted everything out.. And as for Vics - they've got an ego trip chairman and no manager, hardly unusual or grounds for being thrown out.

I don't really think any could be thrown out if we're honest. For me I think we have a problem in that Southport need finished 2 places below us, 3 teams may be 2 much for Charlie Clapham to justify, if they were behind us maybe CRawley and Boston would cop it, God knows. Also don't think there is too much pressure from other clubs, I doubt Phil Wallace post Trophy money gives a toss about anyone else in the league at all now and Peakeys mob are safe and looking a settled club.

I don't think the conference clubs want to rock the boat and jeopordise their new cash (The conf can easily withold tv money as bonds of paymentas well). I can't see how you could chuck one out but not 3 or 4, is there really a difference between Weymouth who are in admin and Crawley who are not.

I would hope for a reprieve but can't see it. A real sham as next year looks a weakish conference that I'm sure we could do better in. What I will say is that if no one is chucked out then it confirms that the conference is sorrupt. Not because we'll go down (as we should really  :'() but for the teams in the past who have been thrown out, if Crawley don't go compared to say Scarboe I think all the chucked out clubs will know it was due to whims and political pressures rather than consistency of policies.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 10:33:33 AM »

Personally, I don't think we've got a cat in hell's chance of a reprieve.  A new sponsor, big new TV deal... the last thing the Conference needs is more clubs being thrown out  for off the pitch issues.  It just doesn't look good on them if, season after season, this continues to happen.  As Ballers says, its about politics.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 10:47:59 AM »

Agree with ballers post 100%, I just wonder if some personalities may come into it.

If I was a Scarborough fan today I'd be furious if some of these charlatans get away with what they are doing.

I firmly believe that a few months back the conference commitee would have sat down and said "no-one is getting chucked out this year, no way"  but then clubs have contrived to  do some incredible things that make that statement hard to action.

For me, they should save the four that went down, who were pretty much all clubs that lived within their means and kick out Boston, Crawley, Halifax and Northwich/Weymouth.

Never going to happen but what a warning to these charlies that would be if the conference said "these clubs played by the rules and in the right spirit, you didn't, bye."

The whole thing stinks.  What happened to 11 against 11 seeing who could get the most goals?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 11:27:01 AM »

Interesting to see people making accusations of corruption before a decision has even been made yet. Nothing like getting you conspiracy theories in early.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 11:30:12 AM »

I think Boston, Halifax and maybe Northwich will be asked to pay bonds.

I think Crawley may be required to pay their cva off in full (their recent payment had a few thousands skimmed off by the administrators).

Deadline for above 1 week so another week of waiting.

I think it'll be fun getting 2 games into the season and Boston go bust?

I've said all along I think we'll get a reprieve although I am ambivalent toward it.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »

Sorry UC, are you saying that it "who you know" plays no part in the decisions of the Conference Management Board?

If would bet every penny I had that if Southport had finished 4th from bottom they would not have gone down due to Charlie Claphams influence.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »

Sorry UC, are you saying that it "who you know" plays no part in the decisions of the Conference Management Board? If would bet every penny I had that if Southport had finished 4th from bottom they would not have gone down due to Charlie Claphams influence.

You're quite right Ecky.
As has been said previously, I bet a lot of us were hoping for a Southport victory on the last day of the season as a 'fall-back' scenario in case we failed to get out of the bottom 4.
I truly believe if they'd have finished 4th or 3rd bottom, one or two teams would have been saved.
As it stands now, of course, three would have to go - and that's not going to happen - so it's down to looking forward to my local match with Vauxhall at Rivacre again.

Ironically enough, I also genuinely believe that with a left back and a winger who could provide a lot of ammo we would have been OK next season!

Oh well ...
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team