PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Some Alty Fans at Curzon  (Read 46250 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2017, 09:25:40 PM »

SANDERS SANDERS SANDERS!!! Not Saunders!!

I never understand people making this mistake at the best of times, but when about ten other people on the thread have already spelled it correctly, it is totally baffling!
Come on Alty!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2017, 10:20:21 PM »

I never understand people making this mistake at the best of times, but when about ten other people on the thread have already spelled it correctly, it is totally baffling!

Indeed.

Going back to the point about comparisons between him and Sinnott......there is none. They were completely different times, illustrated by the fact that we were then known as 'The Manchester United of non league football'. There were no bigger spenders than us back then, there was no automatic promotion, so effectively no ex-league clubs to compete against. Remember Kettering were one of our main title rivals and at one point the APL (as it was then) had six teams from Cheshire in it.....those days will NEVER be seen again.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2017, 10:22:38 PM »

Why isn't he working now?

That's a very good question. He stayed very quiet regarding his exit from us it was all a bit strange

Probably isn't working now as he was financially secure from good investment of his football career earnings (so I heard) so doesn't need the hassle modern football management brings.

Everything has a shelf life and his was coming to an end with us sadly but how I'd kill for the days when we would literally put 6 or 7 past Boston as a matter of course at home, relegation fodder never got a sniff of anything less than a 5-0 defeat.

Watching back some of the Alty TV clips of those games is so sad to see the style in which we played.

Hope the new manager has us playing that way and making us a decent side to watch again.

Never has a manager has more of a chance to come and be a hero....it won't take that much at the moment!

Agree with all of that. I'm not saying he was the messiah but we would be in a much better position if he was in charge now

Whilst I agree he was not the messiah he was a very naughty manager
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

taxi Phil

« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2017, 10:48:30 PM »

Indeed.

Going back to the point about comparisons between him and Sinnott......there is none. They were completely different times, illustrated by the fact that we were then known as 'The Manchester United of non league football'. There were no bigger spenders than us back then, there was no automatic promotion, so effectively no ex-league clubs to compete against. Remember Kettering were one of our main title rivals and at one point the APL (as it was then) had six teams from Cheshire in it.....those days will NEVER be seen again.

Don't bank on that. There are three clubs in that league currently who are members of the Cheshire FA (Chester, Macclesfield,  and Tranmere), while I wouldn't bet heavily against Crewe going down and Stockport going up next season. So it just needs us to earn two promotions in a row (stop giggling at the back) and there could conceivably be six Cheshire clubs at that level in 2019-20.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »

Indeed.

Don't bank on that. There are three clubs in that league currently who are members of the Cheshire FA (Chester, Macclesfield,  and Tranmere), while I wouldn't bet heavily against Crewe going down and Stockport going up next season. So it just needs us to earn two promotions in a row (stop giggling at the back) and there could conceivably be six Cheshire clubs at that level in 2019-20.

Newsflash
Gloucester Old Spot seen flying over Moss Lane..  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon