PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Kidderminster Match Thread  (Read 9043 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 16, 2017, 05:21:24 PM »

Think we'll learn a lot more about our management team tomorrow in terms of how we set up.

As there appears to be no highlights of the curzon game I dont know if their 2nd was the worse piece of officiating or goalkeeping ever.

Really hope Cyrus is back. The lb birth is a massive call. Personally id have Clee in and play a 4 5 1 system.
Full time and proud of it

York Alty is back

Re: Kidderminster Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 05:55:13 PM »

Not going even though I will be in Alty till mid pm.  I admit it... I cannot stomach watching us capitulate V them.

Malty G

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 06:29:58 PM »

Prior to Brackley , Robbie Lawton told the sponsors lounge they would be using the remaining fixtures as an extended preseason. I will be interested to see how strong a team they select given the threat of an embarrassing trouncing. Maybe they should be charging preseason prices too.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 06:38:34 PM »

Judging on comments after the curzon game I'd expect the same midfield three and Clee in a forward position with Evans and Lawrie. I also get the impression we'll see more of McDonald and if MD gets the job he's told him there's a chance of a contract. He's clearly told him to take the mantle of being the senior voice in the team, he mentioned his vocal performance as did radio robins.

Would be good to see us get a result, about time this bunch of shirkers started putting a shift in but of course they would do now, there's contracts to have another easy season of his happy clapping of their abilities up for grabs. Far too little too late when we're seeing a side we were above five or six games ago dance with the chance of survival. Hopefully this is the swan song of the worst squad and backroom in the clubs history.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:40:11 PM by L'Homme du Sport »

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 08:24:04 AM »

Skipping this to save myself for Saturday's wake.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »

I'll be there plus 2, I hope he tries Foster and Cain.

Needs to put a strong team out really, but I don't believe he will get the gig, purely on lack of experience, not on any other front.

Key decisions coming up in next month or so, whoever gets the managers job has a major task on. we desperately need a couple of regular goal scorers along with other positions filling that have been previously mentioned.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »

Needs to put a strong team out really, but I don't believe he will get the gig, purely on lack of experience, not on any other front.

Key decisions coming up in next month or so, whoever gets the managers job has a major task on. we desperately need a couple of regular goal scorers along with other positions filling that have been previously mentioned.

The managers job is a big decision but the possible investment is even bigger.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »

The managers job is a big decision but the possible investment is even bigger.
I see it the other way round the right manager is the biggest factor . Then you need the investment

Lots of money in the wrong hands is pointless

We have see this all too clearly already
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 10:19:18 AM »

TTB and Wayno, yes massive month or so coming up. Hope we get both key factors sorted out with the best manager and investment.

Looking forward to heading in the write direction for a change

York Alty is back

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »

In no particualar order we need these sorting. Manager, Investment, Chairperson, Players.   They are all linked of course, desperately hoping we can secure these so we at least become worthy of mocking by mtfc.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 12:08:38 PM »

Hopefully this will be Doughty's last match in charge. I'd like to think that they will appoint a new manager this week, otherwise it was pointless in having the process so early.

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 01:43:55 PM »

I wouldn't want a new manager as quickly as that

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 02:23:59 PM »

They closed to applicants last Sunday. So the new manager although not yet selected will be one of a handful. I'd get him in so he can select which players he wants to keep. He can also get around other games identidying new players

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »

They closed to applicants last Sunday. So the new manager although not yet selected will be one of a handful. I'd get him in so he can select which players he wants to keep. He can also get around other games identidying new players

wonder if the bpa boss has applied

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 03:18:21 PM »

i was hoping the meeting might have slowed down that process
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team