PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Some Alty Fans at Curzon  (Read 46225 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »

If my car was balancing over the edge of a cliff I wouldn't get a learner driver to move it.

Jimmy

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »

[quote author=Jacque link=topic=22453.msg264789#msg264789

Thirdly, and most pivotally, if MD goes, would you really trust GR to find a suitable replacement? Well agree with not trusting Rowley to find a decent replacement however Buzz not upto the job

[/quote]

Jacque

« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »

Thirdly, and most pivotally, if MD goes, would you really trust GR to find a suitable replacement? Well agree with not trusting Rowley to find a decent replacement however Buzz not upto the job

But wouldn't you agree that the rut Altrincham was by December, would've made the job extremely tough for any manager - near enough impossible? What would define as a 'good job' from a manager from that point onward? Ten wins? Five wins? Or three wins and several draws like MD?

[/quote]

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »

I actually agree with much of Jacque's logic and fair play for coming onto this forum to explain.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2017, 01:34:45 PM »

Stability is important but the Club have initiated a recruitment process. If he is the best candidate that has applied then we really do have problems.

Jimmy

« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2017, 01:41:46 PM »

But wouldn't you agree that the rut Altrincham was by December, would've made the job extremely tough for any manager - near enough impossible? What would define as a 'good job' from a manager from that point onward? Ten wins? Five wins? Or three wins and several draws like MD?Jacque has now been involved partly in the last 2 relegations,I'm not to concerned by the manager the problems higher up

[/quote]

Jimmy

« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »

Unless I've missed something, the last former Alty full back to manage us was Stan Allan.

Let's hope lightning indeed does not strike twice in the same place....
to be fair to Stan he did a very good job at Witton to get the job unlike Buzz

taxi Phil

« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2017, 02:47:18 PM »

Unless I've missed something, the last former Alty full back to manage us was Stan Allan.

Let's hope lightning indeed does not strike twice in the same place....
to be fair to Stan he did a very good job at Witton to get the job unlike Buzz
If you're going to be THAT fair Jimmy, Young did a good job at Chester, as did Harvey at Forest Green.

Jimmy

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »

Yes however Phil Stan's good job at Witton was his previous job i thought at the time that his appointment wasn't that bad under the circumstances obviously he was out of his depth when he got the gig

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2017, 05:25:14 PM »

Hi there,

I’m the guy behind the article yesterday on jactal Wordpress.

Just thought I’d clear some bits up.

I was sat in the main standout beside the dug-out at Curzon. Right after the match, I thought I heard the crowd quiet loudly chant ‘Doughty Stay’ as he was walking over to them applauding.
Several people who were in the crowd have wrote on this forum said that this wasn’t true – or at least they didn’t hear it, and so for that I will take back what I wrote, and say ‘yes’ an error on my part.

I would never make stuff up, though – that I do take issue with.

Everything else that people have  said about article on the forum, I don’t have a problem with. You are, of course, well in your right to say it.

My point re: ‘Doughty to stay is down to a couple of elements.

Firstly, a sixth roll of the dice would do more harm than good considering the team have finally started picking points here and there. However little that may be. 

Secondly, I think MD has brought the players together, got them working hard. That’s not to say I think MD could take you back to NL, but, for now, he’s a core of stability, and that’s very important in the current climate of Altrincham.

Thirdly, and most pivotally, if MD goes, would you really trust GR to find a suitable replacement? He’s tried five times before and look at the mess it’s got the club in. If you trust his judgement then fine, but if you don’t, I’d ask why you would MD out, in order for GR to source another one?

Best,

Jacque

GR appointed Sinnot and that was a very good appointment. We would be playing national league football this season if he hadn't left when he did

andrewflynn

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »

Did all fans process their Chanting Licence in time for today's game?

Jimmy

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2017, 05:58:41 PM »

Hi there,

I’m the guy behind the article yesterday on jactal Wordpress.

Just thought I’d clear some bits up.

I was sat in the main standout beside the dug-out at Curzon. Right after the match, I thought I heard the crowd quiet loudly chant ‘Doughty Stay’ as he was walking over to them applauding.
Several people who were in the crowd have wrote on this forum said that this wasn’t true – or at least they didn’t hear it, and so for that I will take back what I wrote, and say ‘yes’ an error on my part.

I would never make stuff up, though – that I do take issue with.

Everything else that people have  said about article on the forum, I don’t have a problem with. You are, of course, well in your right to say it.

My point re: ‘Doughty to stay is down to a couple of elements.

Firstly, a sixth roll of the dice would do more harm than good considering the team have finally started picking points here and there. However little that may be. 

Secondly, I think MD has brought the players together, got them working hard. That’s not to say I think MD could take you back to NL, but, for now, he’s a core of stability, and that’s very important in the current climate of Altrincham.

Thirdly, and most pivotally, if MD goes, would you really trust GR to find a suitable replacement? He’s tried five times before and look at the mess it’s got the club in. If you trust his judgement then fine, but if you don’t, I’d ask why you would MD out, in order for GR to source another one?

Best,

Jacque

GR appointed Sinnot and that was a very good appointment. We would be playing national league football this season if he hadn't left when he did
we were going down anyway Sinnott was a fair appointment but by no means a very good one history will look kind on him because of what's happened since

taxi Phil

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2017, 06:07:06 PM »

On a scale from 1-10 where 1 is Neil Young and 10 is Tony Sanders, Sinnott was at best a 6.

Jimmy

« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2017, 06:10:46 PM »

Spot on Phil

York Alty is back

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2017, 06:14:35 PM »

On a scale from 1-10 where 1 is Neil Young and 10 is Tony Sanders, Sinnott was at best a 6.
personally I give Lee 7 but each to their own view.

The important thing now is to find and appoint a 10, or failing the impossible a 9.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon