PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Some Alty Fans at Curzon  (Read 46224 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »

I thought Rowley was leaving? Wasn't that why the protest was cancelled?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2017, 12:18:43 PM »

[/quot

Don't thing that was quoted in the joint statement

York Alty is back

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 12:32:16 PM »

Not at all but nobody putting in serious money would trust that to such a poor strategic decision maker.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 02:13:43 PM »

I stand my what i said. There's no doubt Clayton McDonald had a nightmare 15 mins in the 2nd half, his awful back pass which went for a corner particularly stands out, but to get a group of Alty Fans slagging him off so vocally I thought was embarrassing. Add in the fact they all thought they were being really clever and funny just made it worse. If you're going to slag off an Alty player would it be better doing it on here or in the bar after the game than during a match. Shouldn't we be better than that?

dingo

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »

Interesting to see how many would be brave enough to slag him off to his face man to man in a different setting. All brave in groups with a few beers down them.

taxi Phil

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2017, 03:18:25 PM »

Interesting to see how many would be brave enough to slag him off to his face man to man in a different setting. All brave in groups with a few beers down them.
Quite a large number if they didn't have the microphone dragged away from them.

dingo

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »

Somehow I don't believe that

Matt Taylor

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2017, 03:58:45 PM »

I know what you're saying Dan, but surely you aren't advocating supporters confronting players in their personal lives away from football? Or are you suggesting that only paying customers who are willing to fight the player concerned should be allowed to express their displeasure from the terraces?

Anyway, who cares. Is any one even going to remember who Clayton McDonald is in 3 weeks time? Probably not.

(Edited because I got his name wrong! Which says it all really...)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:00:18 PM by Matt Taylor »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2017, 04:25:09 PM »

Id be quite happy to tell Clayton that he is grossly overweight (though I doubt he needs telling) and Id be quite happy to tell Matt Doughty that putting in a player so horribly unfit into first team game is an insult to paying fans. Id have had him lapping the car park with a bin bag on whilst the game was being played. I would argue that supporting such dreadful decisions and poor standards is actually more harmful to the club than speaking out and letting the management and player know that this sort of nonsense isn't acceptable at Alty FC. These players are picking up wages lets not forget and have a duty to get fit.

saffendalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »

Spot on last post, shows us up to be a shambolic, amateurish and hopeless outfit, a complete embarrassment to the once proud name of Alty F.C. Might as well throw the cleaner on, if we had one, for the next game.
New lows will happen unless the current regime leave.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »

I want even there yesterday but personally I wouldn't even blame him . He was selected to play . He played

Let's hold those accountable that need to be.

Huge changes needed
ParkINson's red and white army

arnald

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2017, 04:41:03 PM »

I remember a player called Clayton Blackmore nick name sun bed
I don't no this other guy an it will not stick in my memory for a long time after the thread is over

bighairedmike

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2017, 03:44:17 AM »

So Matt Doughty made a substitution because a bloke who was 3 stone overweight was heckled by fans?

Fans of a team that had just been relegated?

To it's lowest point in 114 years?

And the fans are the reason he made the substitution?

Says more about the manager than the fans to me...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2017, 07:48:53 AM »

Just write down what we as fans can and can't do. It'll save these pointless threads.

Are we allowed to support Lawreence Taylor? Just checking.
It's all my fault.

markecky2

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2017, 07:49:25 AM »

We're normally a little bit above giving our own players stick under normal circumstances.  These aren't really normal circumstances though are they?

Not everyones view but for me any points gained between now and the end of the season just make me more annoyed, rather than fist clenched celebration.  Speedboat and bullseye spring to mind, perhaps we could run out against Kidderminster to the slower version of the music they used to play on the show.

Some of those chancers are lucky not to have been charged with fraud this season for taking a wage out of the place.  Doughty is to be applauded for throwing in an out of condition player called McDonalds to provide some amusement in this pantomime season, in amongst those that were "magnificent" of course.

Bring on the relaunch and let's start on the road to getting our pride back, the fact that Claytons pride may have been hurt is the least of our worries.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 07:55:04 AM by markecky2 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon