News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham Town Centre

Author Topic: Altrincham Town Centre  (Read 4856 times)

taxi Phil

Altrincham Town Centre
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:18:07 PM »

Stamford New Road has reopened this morning. If you're the Council, it's 8 days early.....if you're not, it's 4 months late.

They've spunked a lot of money, and achieved bugger all improvement.  Bit like the football club really.

York Alty is back

Re: Altrincham Town Centre
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:29:10 PM »

That'll get the tourists in.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »

Yes noticed the width of the pavements has changed.........the road has been re-surfaced and there is a feature 'central running strip' made of stone-setts.

All in all a minor improvement that should have taken 8-12 weeks..........if I owned a shop on there I would be furious
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 07:19:25 PM »

Yes noticed the width of the pavements has changed.........the road has been re-surfaced and there is a feature 'central running strip' made of stone-setts.

All in all a minor improvement that should have taken 8-12 weeks..........if I owned a shop on there I would be furious

Why? There's no parking there anyway.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 07:32:43 PM »

At the risk of sounding like another grumpy old man the shop keepers should be annoyed anyway because all the parking prices have just been significantly increased by the council. Everyone will be off to the trafford centre again.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 01:18:57 AM »

Because there has been a dirty dusty building site outside your shop for 12 months

Not only is this not nice for business ratepayers - also deters footfall

Come on Mike .......you know this ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »

I'm sure someone on here will know more, but I'd imagine Trafford Council paid the effected businesses some kind of fee to cover loss of takings during the roadworks?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »

I'm sure someone on here will know more, but I'd imagine Trafford Council paid the effected businesses some kind of fee to cover loss of takings during the roadworks?

Ho ho ho

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 11:17:12 AM »

I'll give it three weeks maximum before there's some pedestrian run over by a vehicle. They could have spent that money on Social Services which is horribly underfunded, or on retaining school crossing patrols.

Those of you who live locally and get the Messenger may remember that, immediately before the last Council elections, there was a "wraparound" on the paper touting the Conservative party's "successes" in Trafford and seeking your vote. Among the promises was £3 million ring-fenced to fix potholes. There should be £2.99 million left out of that on the evidence of the roads I drive on every day.

Never mind, we've got the lowest Council Tax in Greater Manchester. I'd rather they increased it and improved services, but I wouldn't trust them not to waste it on more sh*te like this exercise.

Sean Anstee for Greater Manchester mayor ? It must be a bad dream.....

.....and maybe when I wake up from it, my team won't really be careering into oblivion.

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 01:00:09 PM »

Because there has been a dirty dusty building site outside your shop for 12 months

I know, I was being facetious.

On a side note, I had to laugh when I walked though Alty a few weeks ago, next to the roadworks were a couple sat outside Sugar Junction having a pot of tea, shouting at each other over the noise of a pneumatic drill. Very much business as usual.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 10:20:57 PM »

I know, I was being facetious.

On a side note, I had to laugh when I walked though Alty a few weeks ago, next to the roadworks were a couple sat outside Sugar Junction having a pot of tea, shouting at each other over the noise of a pneumatic drill. Very much business as usual.

Cheers Mike

My iIrony  filter was off
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham Town Centre