News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gareth Seddon

Author Topic: Gareth Seddon  (Read 3471 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Gareth Seddon
« on: June 04, 2007, 09:45:27 AM »

Just read an interesting piece on the boy re how he had to go part time with Hyde, he can now go back to full time training as his condition has eased. With all the rave reviews about his performance for the National XI it got me thinking, a shame that GH couldn't tempt him here either when he came back or in January, according to the NLP we were interested alog with Droylsden but he signed a 3 year :o contract with Hyde. Also, a pity we didn't stay up, I think a move to a part time BSP team to get him in the shop window may have been appealing.

All ifs and buts I guess, would like to see us get another goalscorer in though. I take it Ronnie Morgan who wants to leave Cammell Laird after scoring plenty will require an above average fee.

Any other strikers that could be available?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gareth Seddon
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »

Just read an interesting piece on the boy re how he had to go part time with Hyde, he can now go back to full time training as his condition has eased. With all the rave reviews about his performance for the National XI it got me thinking, a shame that GH couldn't tempt him here either when he came back or in January, according to the NLP we were interested alog with Droylsden but he signed a 3 year :o contract with Hyde. Also, a pity we didn't stay up, I think a move to a part time BSP team to get him in the shop window may have been appealing.

All ifs and buts I guess, would like to see us get another goalscorer in though. I take it Ronnie Morgan who wants to leave Cammell Laird after scoring plenty will require an above average fee.

Any other strikers that could be available?

Id love us to take a chance on ronnie morgan, but as you say,they will probably want a fee.We should offer them a healthy sell on clause and a pre-season friendly to take him.Or at least ask to have  a look at him in a couple of the friendlies (que mclroy offering him 800 a week)

Better still we could take him for their asking price and not bother paying it, as you dont get punished for cheating in the conference leagues anyway as we've seen recently.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 11:03:07 AM by Hughesy »

markecky

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:48:32 AM »

I'm up for offering £20,000. dragging it out until the end of the season then offering £2,000, whilst announcing we now have the infrastructure needed to push for the football league and employing Lester Piggott to do the books.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 12:36:35 PM »

Lester Piggots not well mate, it would probably take some time, we'd be in trouble for not filing the accounts with companies hou...oh I see.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »

We could get Ken Dodd to do it, any excess money he could hide behind his teeth, he got away with it for years.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 01:30:09 PM »

Did you hear that his fathers pet labrador passed away the other week?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 04:52:05 PM »

Did he..........?

;)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »

I had been briefed that his late fathers trusty companion had left us,

The bloke that told me simply said, Ken Dodd's,dead dad's,dogs dead.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 07:57:47 PM »

:D ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 10:05:20 AM »

Id love us to take a chance on ronnie morgan, but as you say,they will probably want a fee.We should offer them a healthy sell on clause and a pre-season friendly to take him.Or at least ask to have  a look at him in a couple of the friendlies (que mclroy offering him 800 a week)

Better still we could take him for their asking price and not bother paying it, as you dont get punished for cheating in the conference leagues anyway as we've seen recently.

According to Port Chat Ronnie Morgan has managed to land a dream move to a full time professional club in Europe who have qualified for the Champions League.....

....yup more money at TNS  ::)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gareth Seddon