PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Joint statement tonight  (Read 21843 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Joint statement tonight
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 04:59:03 PM »

All that matters is that the RIGHT person is found by the board to return the club to winning ways.
If the candidates applying are not good enough we need to head hunt someone who IS.
On the last 3 unsuccessful occasions,... the club appointed the best of who was available, look at how that worked out!
Just goes to show that this is not an easy task.
It doesnt matter when we appoint someone, I'd rather wait for the right person than rush to appoint the wrong one again.

It's not often I agree with you but this is bang on!

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2017, 05:10:56 PM »

It doesnt matter when we appoint someone, I'd rather wait for the right person than rush to appoint the wrong one again.

Surely time is of the essence though in getting a manager sorted out - otherwise anyone in the team who is undecided may go elsewhere - maybe not a bad thing in some cases !  And the longer its delayed the less the opportunities for getting people in from other teams - and then having a decent pre season to get people fit and gelled as a team?

markecky2

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »

Surely time is of the essence though in getting a manager sorted out - otherwise anyone in the team who is undecided may go elsewhere - maybe not a bad thing in some cases !  And the longer its delayed the less the opportunities for getting people in from other teams - and then having a decent pre season to get people fit and gelled as a team?

I agree that the new man has to be in place fairly quickly to start the search for players.  

However I still have that concern that someone out there could be in a promotion battle now and not wanting to apply so he doesn't upset the apple cart at his club.  I think it's right to have started the search but hope we leave it open until at least the end of the season.  Unless an outstanding candidate comes along of course.  I just think we may be ruling out some winners.

As for the worry of players going elsewhere, I've not seen enough this season to be qualified to talk on that but from what I have seen on Alty TV and listened too, I wish you the best of luck getting the dough you've been on here!

Edit: Plus I don't want him losing 4-1 at Tamworth as his opening gambit..

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:21:49 PM by markecky2 »

taxi Phil

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »

I sincerely hope that it IS a new man ! And that he's in post no later than the end of May. What happens for the rest of this season doesn't matter any more, but we need to be out of the blocks like Usain Bolt come August.

GB Alty

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »

Under no circumstancies should Rowley be appointing the next manager - if as this joint statement is suggesting Rowley will be stepping aside at the May board meeting

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »

All that matters is that the RIGHT person is found by the board to return the club to winning ways.
If the candidates applying are not good enough we need to head hunt someone who IS.
On the last 3 unsuccessful occasions,... the club appointed the best of who was available, look at how that worked out!
Just goes to show that this is not an easy task.

It's not often I agree with you but this is bang on!
the best of who was available ? Harvey yes . Tolson .. did we even look ? Young.. joker should have asked Stockport .
ParkINson's red and white army

Malty G

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2017, 07:32:48 PM »

Personally, I don't find the joint statement particular cause for optimism. There is a big difference between "creating significant opportunities to attract new investment" and actually negotiating new investment. I fear the investors being targeted could be the fans again. My money is staying where it is until positive change actually happens.

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2017, 07:43:39 PM »

Personally, I don't find the joint statement particular cause for optimism. There is a big difference between "creating significant opportunities to attract new investment" and actually negotiating new investment. I fear the investors being targeted could be the fans again. My money is staying where it is until positive change actually happens.

All sounds like a load of bullsh*t to me, allegedly Rowley and his board have been seeking investment for the last 5 years, so what's different now? Think the lads who attended have been sold a dummy here, Rowley must be rubbing his hands in delight today that his opposition has been split

Well it's the final straw for me - I was one of the 29, but not again - I'll do my own protests from now on

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »

All sounds like a load of bullsh*t to me, allegedly Rowley and his board have been seeking investment for the last 5 years, so what's different now? Think the lads who attended have been sold a dummy here, Rowley must be rubbing his hands in delight today that his opposition has been split

Well it's the final straw for me - I was one of the 29, but not again - I'll do my own protests from now on

Crikey, it's not even 24 hours since the meeting. Let's see what those present have to say. They aren't mugs, they won't just believe any claptrap I'm sure there were sufficient details to be cause for optimism. Perhaps they agreed to give it time for processes to take place first.

We're already down we might as well be a little bit positive for the first time in ages instead of seeing everything as a reason to fear the worst.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2017, 08:34:49 PM »

Crikey, it's not even 24 hours since the meeting. Let's see what those present have to say. They aren't mugs, they won't just believe any claptrap I'm sure there were sufficient details to be cause for optimism. Perhaps they agreed to give it time for processes to take place first.

We're already down we might as well be a little bit positive for the first time in ages instead of seeing everything as a reason to fear the worst.
I tried to be positive about the call to arms for requesting funds and was duly spanked
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »

Wait and see basically if Rowley stays we're f**ked

Frosty

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »

This closed doors agreement belittle everyone of the 29 that walked out.

I'd also question why that extremely poor statement was released with a begging bowl and then all of a sudden the day after after we have an investment masterplan.

In 6 years of being Chairman, Rowley's board have shown very little dynamism, why now all of a sudden?

THIS!!!! i for one am fuming and gutted i contributed my time and money to the original protest. 1-0 to rowley i think

markecky2

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2017, 09:36:43 PM »

This time last night I thought there was very little chance of GR standing down/aside and we were in for a war with nothing on the horizon.

Fast forward 24 hrs and we now see that plans for change are in place and things are happening.

We will have to wait and see what will happen but I feel the protest was worthwhile as it highlighted peoples feelings and encouraged others to come forward and say they weren't happy either. 

I said after the famous "29" programme article that any meeting was pointless as it didn't need discussion, it just needed "I'm standing down". 

Now I see it as the fact it has the potential to go one better, him standing down (have to believe that will happen, we'll deal with the fallout if it does not) to be replaced by new blood/investment is more than most could have hoped for in the last few weeks.  Certainly more than I did anyway.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »

Personally, I don't find the joint statement particular cause for optimism. There is a big difference between "creating significant opportunities to attract new investment" and actually negotiating new investment.

I too believe this wording to be crucial. It could just mean bigger buckets for the half time collection.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »

This closed doors agreement belittle everyone of the 29 that walked out.

I'd also question why that extremely poor statement was released with a begging bowl and then all of a sudden the day after after we have an investment masterplan.

In 6 years of being Chairman, Rowley's board have shown very little dynamism, why now all of a sudden?

THIS!!!! i for one am fuming and gutted i contributed my time and money to the original protest. 1-0 to rowley i think

Did any of you make it known that you wanted to meet with the chairman when the invitation was announced? I'm presuming that the four concerned all made it known they'd like to take up the invitation and a meeting was arranged.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight