News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Question from a distance re Rowley

Author Topic: Question from a distance re Rowley  (Read 2231 times)

FuriousD

« on: April 04, 2017, 04:50:08 PM »

I am an ex season ticket holder who now watches the carnage from a distance as I have moved away from the area.

A good mate of mine is a Sunderland fan and he is of the opinion that Watmore is a gonna if they go down and that they would be looking at £5m.

If that's the case and the Robins get £1m as a result, does Rowley benefit personally?

If so, I wouldn't quit either !!!   

markecky2

Re: Question from a distance re Rowley
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »

I am an ex season ticket holder who now watches the carnage from a distance as I have moved away from the area.

A good mate of mine is a Sunderland fan and he is of the opinion that Watmore is a gonna if they go down and that they would be looking at £5m.

If that's the case and the Robins get £1m as a result, does Rowley benefit personally?

If so, I wouldn't quit either !!!   

You're not going to get an official answer on that one (and I doubt you would expect one) but for all his faults and terrible judgements, I'd say taking money out of the place isn't one of them.

What we decided to spend the £1m on is another matter of course, the way things are at the moment anythings possible!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »

Id be staggered if anyone on the board  was taking anything out of the club.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 05:23:23 PM »

Agree with Mark, I don't think Graham Rowley has any intention to gain personally from his involvement in the club. Everyone on here recognises that he is a decent and honest person.

However, he might be thinking that if there is more money on the way this will mean that we can get out of the Evo-Stick at the first attempt and his critics will have to back down.

Whatever happens I think Rowley's plan/hope is that given our relative budget we should be able to get back to winning ways quite quickly next season. Given the fickle nature of fans the protests will subside and we can get back to normal.

On Watmore generally I'd be surprised if another Premier League team did pick him up. I don't think he's Premier League standard. But he is English so it's not that unlikely someone will come in for him.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 05:31:22 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 05:28:15 PM »

If he hadn't been injured there was every chance Palace or some lower premier league club going in for him in the summer .As it stands he will probably have to prove himself next season.I think he can do it at lower prem level , looking at Palaces option from the bench they do seem a bit sparse on attacking options so you never know.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:50:01 PM by Timperley The Best »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »

Yes agreed I do not think for one min that any of this is due to any personal gain.  I do think Watmore will have to prove his fitness for a few games in the championship first though so it might be unlikely to move until next January at the earliest
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team