PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Happy memories of Alty thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Happy memories of Alty thread  (Read 22601 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Happy memories of Alty thread
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »

Yeovil away when kingy and heathcote had to come around to the away end and tell the fans to stop dicking around as they might abandon tha match and we were 2 up at the time (big vanvader swinging from the goalpost will always be stuck in my mind)
When was that?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

York Alty is back

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »

Enjoying this thread immensely even though it's got the feel of a Wake about it.

Sad days.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »

Enjoying this thread immensely even though it's got the feel of a Wake about it.

Sad days.
only happy memories allowed here 😁
Come on you red and white........

Chalkyj

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 03:35:56 PM »

Loads of the FA Cup games stand out in the memory - particularly those against the then 'first division' teams - One of my earliest memories was walking along Stanley Park (everton away) as a youngster and seeing all the alty supporters coaches - seemed a never ending queue of them - it made me feel part of something brilliant, alty getting battered at the start of the game, everton hitting the post and bar three times (I think) and the John Hughes scoring against the run of play to put us in the lead (I think we scored first - I might be wrong with that but its a long time ago!)
As somebody else said the Barnet game was a fantastic game - Paul showler gave one of the best ever performances in an alty shirt - in my opinion anyway
One of the oddest but most memorable was Mossley at home (when Mossley were a top class outfit)  Stan Allan and Eamon O'Keefe getting sent off (stan provoking him into) and coming back from 4-1 down with 5 minutes to go and winning 5-4, think Kingy scored a couple of headers in the comeback
We had some really class sides back then and were the first choice for all the top part time players - how times change!
happy days - great players and real characters

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2017, 04:19:51 PM »

Yeovil away when kingy and heathcote had to come around to the away end and tell the fans to stop dicking around as they might abandon tha match and we were 2 up at the time (big vanvader swinging from the goalpost will always be stuck in my mind)
When was that?
1994/95 season twas a epic day out in the sun and on th ebeer
FFS

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »

Not football related but getting the Stewards an NVQ qualification in Spectator safety level 2 and 3 and me 4.
Before this no formal training given.

On the field filming that last minute winner on this

ALTRINCHAM (0) 2 GUISELEY (0) 1
@AltyDaz

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »

Loads of top memories of mine already mentioned on here!! My best season as an Alty fan is definitely the nearly promoted season of the 4-1 against Barnet. 9-2 v Merthyr(would've been more id it wasn't for Gary Wager in the Merthyr net) followed by 6-2 at Boston in midweek and Kenny McK last minute winner at home to Kettering! In my younger days before SatNav turning up at Welwyn Garden City for an away match against Welling(my step dad miss heard me when I asked for directions) then the car broke down so we had a day on the piss instead! Another one before technology was jumping off the train at Dover into 3ft of snow! Game called off and another weekend on the piss! Still went back in midweek on a minibus for the rearranged fixture.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 04:47:22 PM »

My first ever game as a little boy and it has never been bettered.   Altrincham 8 Northwich 1.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »

I remember when John King was knee'd in the balls by (I think) the SC**thorpe keeper in the FA Cup 2nd round which resulted in the 1-0 victory. I was about 12 years old and didn't have a clue what had really happened (found out years later)...but was a great result :) I think it mad my 3rd or 4th ever Alty game.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2017, 05:33:08 PM »

When was that?
1994/95 season twas a epic day out in the sun and on th ebeer
Thanks - I was probably there !
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2017, 05:46:12 PM »

Jeff Johnson's header against Atherstone in the FA Trophy in 1977 - favourite Alty goal amongst many many gems 😃

taxi Phil

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 05:53:06 PM »

My first ever game as a little boy and it has never been bettered.   Altrincham 8 Northwich 1.
Don Weston hat trick on his debut. It was downhill all the way for him after that.

York Alty is back

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2017, 06:38:43 PM »

I remember when John King was knee'd in the balls by (I think) the SC**thorpe keeper in the FA Cup 2nd round which resulted in the 1-0 victory. I was about 12 years old and didn't have a clue what had really happened (found out years later)...but was a great result :) I think it mad my 3rd or 4th ever Alty game.

Joe Neenan. Hung about with Ian Botham when he was playing for scunny. Got himself in a ruck in a nightclub with him.

I was on the Golf Road that night. Kingy was basically blocking the keeper and then keeled over.  What is the definitive truth, kneed in the cods or play acting?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:45:17 PM by York Alty wants Chairman Row Lee Out. »

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2017, 08:26:51 PM »

Joe Neenan. Hung about with Ian Botham when he was playing for scunny. Got himself in a ruck in a nightclub with him.

I was on the Golf Road that night. Kingy was basically blocking the keeper and then keeled over.  What is the definitive truth, kneed in the cods or play acting?
I was on the pop side. Neenan certainly raised his knee....not sure how much contact there was but Kingy went down like Linda Lovelace  :D

York Alty is back

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 08:34:32 PM »

I was on the pop side. Neenan certainly raised his knee....not sure how much contact there was but Kingy went down like Linda Lovelace  :D

Is this the first ever Linda Lovelace reference on the forum?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Happy memories of Alty thread