PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Social Media
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 30530 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Social Media
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »

Who blocked the twitter then ? Is Dan Jones the lad married to rowleys daughter ?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »

Who blocked the twitter then ? Is Dan Jones the lad married to rowleys daughter ?

Dan changed the password on the request of Grahame Rowley.

Yes, he is married to Sarah.
It's all my fault.

Spring

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 07:00:02 PM »

Hashtag

Is that a fact or an assumption?

I still find it really hard to believe and if it is purely an assumption I think  you ought to make that Clear as it would be totally inappropriate to say this unless you have categoric proof.. I still favour the view that the Chairman did not know.

If you have categoric proof surely the Chairmans position begins to become untenable which is why I still find it hard to believe.

It is really important to be totally clear on this because unless you know it as a fact, it is better to be cautious, in my view..

Twittergate or Watergate?

taxi Phil

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »

Sorry Spring old buddy....nepotism, sheer bloody nepotism.

GB Alty

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 07:43:04 PM »

Hashtag

Is that a fact or an assumption?

I still find it really hard to believe and if it is purely an assumption I think  you ought to make that Clear as it would be totally inappropriate to say this unless you have categoric proof.. I still favour the view that the Chairman did not know.

If you have categoric proof surely the Chairmans position begins to become untenable which is why I still find it hard to believe.

It is really important to be totally clear on this because unless you know it as a fact, it is better to be cautious, in my view..

Twittergate or Watergate?

Spring wake up and smell the coffee - Hashtag spoke to the chairman minutes after the twitter blackout - we all know what happened except you

To say that the chairman wouldn't do this is a farce under the circumstances - yes the chairmans position is untenable, thats the whole f**king point for a number of reasons

Spring

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2017, 07:58:57 PM »

Romeo (Phil)

You may have missed my point.

If, as I think, someone close to the Chairman pulled the plug and he let events take their course and then Bill put out a statement...... that is one thing. This I believe is the most likely scenario and one that could be understood.

However if the Chairman himself instructed an underling to pull the plug, and then refused to go public on this and did not see fit to contact the volunteers to explain the decision and then stood by, whilst Bill tried to explain away the decision.....then that is an entirely different thing.

In these circumstances it could indicate someone that was not prepared to stand behind their decision, someone who had no regard for the work of the volunteers and someone who was prepared to hide behind others..............would anyone in a leadership position with any sense of responsibility do this? I doubt it, as it would be tantamount to showing their total unsuitability for leadership and be unbelievably naive. It would almost be a resigning matter!

I repeat that I cannot believe that this is what happened and that is why nobody should throw around accusations without being entirely sure of their facts. In the circumstances let us give the Chairman the benefit of the doubt and assume scenario one.      

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »

It is a FACT Spring not an assumption. Hashtag is not daft enough to go public with assumptions.

Jezza

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 08:13:32 PM »

This is an utter disgrace completely of the chairman's making and he made it worse...and worse to the point another director has to apologise for his petulant behaviour and now another kindly volunteer who stepped up in an hour of need and did a respectable job has been insulted and insults returned.

Divide and conquer Mr Rowley?

I urge Alty fans to stay level headed....ask questions, avoid insults and be mindful of upsetting other loyal fans who are equally upset as everyone else at our predicament.

It isn't going to get better Grahame, it's going to get worse.....please do the decent thing

GB Alty

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »

However if the Chairman himself instructed an underling to pull the plug, and then refused to go public on this and did not see fit to contact the volunteers to explain the decision and then stood by, whilst Bill tried to explain away the decision.....then that is an entirely different thing.

In these circumstances it could indicate someone that was not prepared to stand behind their decision, someone who had no regard for the work of the volunteers and someone who was prepared to hide behind others..............would anyone in a leadership position with any sense of responsibility do this? I doubt it, as it would be tantamount to showing their total unsuitability for leadership and be unbelievably naive. It would almost be a resigning matter!

I repeat that I cannot believe that this is what happened and that is why nobody should throw around accusations without being entirely sure of their facts. In the circumstances let us give the Chairman the benefit of the doubt and assume scenario one.      
Be told Spring this is exactly what happened, hence why so many people are unhappy about it

And yes it is tantamount to showing his total unsuitability for leadership - thats exactly the point everyone is making, about this and a number of other f**k ups (NLP etc)

We haven't got into this mess by accident

It's a question of accountability

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2017, 08:44:00 PM »

It's a question of accountability

Unquestionably a lack of.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

GB Alty

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2017, 09:05:10 PM »

To be fair to the chairman if he had shown humality and accountability for all his gaffs over the last twelve months he could have just maybe ridden all this out with some respect from the fans intact -

However he has consistently refused to take any responsibility or accountability, pointing fingers everywhere but at himself

With the NLP allegations and now the twitter fiasco he has basically destroyed himself as being a credible person to run this club - and with it he is also destroying the club we all love

Altrincham supporters are amongst the most fair minded in the country - but enough is enough

This farce needs to end now or I'll be joining Mike Garnett at Ashton United next season

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2017, 09:59:21 PM »

Grahame, I am told, had the backing off two other directors to make the call.

However, as chairman, he triggered the process and Dan Jones according to those who were involved in the decision did so.

When I questioned Dan, he has not objected to the notion he did it.

It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2017, 10:01:00 PM »

The whole situation is not helped by Grahame Rowley  refusal to adopt a social media policy which I volunteered produce. I've offered on three occasions.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2017, 10:33:05 PM »

The whole situation is not helped by Grahame Rowley  refusal to adopt a social media policy which I volunteered produce. I've offered on three occasions.

Met with many a tut, wasn't it.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2017, 10:33:13 PM »

This is the final straw for me. I'm finished with Rowley FC. So many happy memories and emotions watching the alty since 1994 when I fell in love with shazza, carmo, Andy green etc. Sometimes in life you have to make a stand. I won't be attending when that man is at the club (apart from any action as regards to future protests)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Social Media