PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Social Media
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 30523 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Social Media
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2017, 11:29:13 PM »

There was only 1....just as there were "only" 29.

Next season there'll "only" be a hundred plus.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 11:44:24 PM »

Jack, let me put it another way. Your last comment on twitter was that the atmosphere was quiet. You weren't there so assume that was reported elsewhere?

It's no coincidence that was the last tweet.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2017, 11:55:03 PM »

Jack, let me put it another way. Your last comment on twitter was that the atmosphere was quiet. You weren't there so assume that was reported elsewhere?

The lack of atmosphere was reported elsewhere on other official channels and by people at the game, hence that specific tweet.

I think that tweet has nothing to do with the removal, again - the statement infers that the removal of access has nothing to with the tweets, but the decision to leave and as such supporting a Rowley out movement.

I find it interest that its a protest many other club volunteers took part in (Rocky Robin, a club shop volunteer another high profile club member even created the rowley out posters) yet its me that's been removed.

It's all my fault.

bighairedmike

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2017, 12:15:45 AM »

The lack of atmosphere was reported elsewhere on other official channels and by people at the game, hence that specific tweet.

I think that tweet has nothing to do with the removal, again - the statement infers that the removal of access has nothing to with the tweets, but the decision to leave and as such supporting a Rowley out movement.

I find it interest that its a protest many other club volunteers took part in (Rocky Robin, a club shop volunteer another high profile club member even created the rowley out posters) yet its me that's been removed.

Don't take it too personally pal. I haven't been asked my availability for this months Radio Robins schedule either. That in spite of the fact there was another Radio Robins commentator involved in the walkout too (who has subsequently been on air).

Paul, I apologise if you find my comments offensive. I didn't know who it was WHO. DID. THE TWITTER! But I am just saying it as I see it.
The fact you were put in that position in the first place is ridiculous. I'm sorry for describing you as such. However, focusing on goal alerts, half time and full time scores should have been the way forward. Stripping everything back and going to basics.

Be that as it may, thank you for attempting to insult my intelligence by asking me to look up words I use on a regular basis to describe our chairman. Knowingly trying to insult someone's intellectual properties, despite knowing that person on a personal level, is the lowest form of an argument. Also, you make it seem like I don't understand the  comforts people forgo to take part as certain volunteers at the club. You know full well that I have known the feeling of being on the gantry for nearly 2 hours, in the freezing cold (Grimsby for example, when you kindly drove me there and back, or Walsall in the FA Youth Cup when we both contemplated our mental hygiene after not taking extra layers).

Thank you though, for pointing out the absolute disaster of a few weeks we have had due to the petulant actions of Mr Rowley.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2017, 12:38:35 AM »

I'm not sure why Bill is apologising for the Chairman and his family, but it is completely inappropriate. He arrived just over a month ago providing hope for beleaguered supporters but I can't work this out. Hopefully Mr Waterson can explain?

York Alty is back

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2017, 06:34:08 AM »

The atmosphere at Alty, and all things Alty, is poisonous.   The twitter lock out, the walk out, the crap served up on the field, the negative press coverage, the failed review meeting etc.

All these, and more, need bringing to a head, resolving, the air cleared and replaced with a fresh outlook. I know how I beleive that can be done, the resignation of Mr. Rowley. 

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2017, 07:27:54 AM »

Jack, thanks. To me its pretty clear that this tweet triggered the lockout. The club had every chance to do it earlier and were aware of the walkout and your involvement. I suspect certain individuals within the club were already upset at the situation and that saying the atmosphere was quiet whilst not even in the ground was inflammatory and seen as the final straw. The club were quite happy with the situation before that. I think they had some just reason to be upset by that, its a bit of a smack in the face, regardless of any real intent of the tweet and if anything it just demonstrates the real conflict of interests that was caused, this is after all the clubs official twitter page. What I really take issue with though is the circumstances caused by the club that allowed it to happen in the firs place and the subsequent handling of the matter which has been an embarrassment.

The statement is a complete spin on the events to save face and is utterly bizarre. They changed the password of an account and later apologise and say it should have been changed temporarily for one person as a precaution against.... what exactly? Thats not even technically possible on twitter, and such piffle going out in a club statement about how naive we are to the new world of social media and the associated user account management functions is as odd a statement as the club has made in the last 2 years. It was a snap decision made far too late, most likely by the wrong person and reacted to by the club in such a slow and poor manner that they only have themselves to blame for the consequences. The consequences by the way will be significant because I don't believe the club will find a finer social media team than the one they have lost. They would have to pay good money to replace like for like and its just not in the current boards mindset to invest well in people (see recent and current roster of paid employees that frequently wear club colours). Essentially you only have worth if you're willing to work for free at Alty. This was definitely nothing personal Jack, its just a made up response to try and put an official spin on what was a very poorly handled situation at the midst of a plethora of poorly handled situations.

Regards to the comments by Paul ((S)Alty). Definitely uncalled for to be labelled as you were and you were quite right to be upset about it. I think we should all avoid getting too personal about this, as bad as the comments were I think if anything it was just a way of trying to further stick the knife in the club so to speak following 'twittergate'. Nobody was to know your situation and had they done i'm pretty sure the frustration would have been directed elsewhere. The club cant do right for wrong at the moment in most of our eyes and unfortunately I think you've suffered the consequences. What I will say is that expecting you to make the twitter updates with lack of experience and personal circumstances as you had, even though you willingly volunteered, just shows how desperately out of touch the club are with fans and the environment they operate in these days. What a shame!

As a side note, I also noticed at BPA we were belittling their ground improvements on the official twitter last weekend. Classy stuff. Just shows how far we are falling and the pace we are falling at is yet to recede. Anyone who thins that this all stops as soon as the seasons over and a new management team are in place is in for a shock, its going to get worse for some time before its gets better under the current regime.

I'll get back in my box now. I said I wouldnt post but this topic has had my full attention due to the number of personal messages relating to it and a number of other related threads which have caused people to report posts. Lets try and leave the personal stuff out now and agree to disagree where necessary. When the volunteers of the club and fans are upsetting each other we should all calm down a bit and stick together.

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2017, 08:02:45 AM »

That last paragraph is the most important thing Chris. There is an underlying current of attempting to split those of us who are prepared to take any sort of stand against the inner circle that controls the club.

I know Bill Waterson won't be happy with a lot of what's going on, but he won't be allowed to tell us so.

Unity is strength.....not just for the board though, but for us supporters.

I suggest that any wrangling that emerges between fans on this forum be channelled immediately to personal message level, and resolved "off the field".

Malty G

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »

Flynny hasn't done you any favours there Paul, has he? I'm not sure "What is Twitter?" and " I can't see!" are the greatest defence against an accusation of incompetence but well done for trying. I don't see any mention of the Head of Communications in your post. You do realise that , as a club volunteer, you are entitled to hide behind Bill Waterson when you drop a bollock, don't you?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 09:01:49 AM »

I suggest that Andrew produces as job spec to outline specifically what the role of social media entails. There are three key roles that need fulfilling that Andrew and I took upon us.

We set out with a vision to minimise the time spent on Twitter with good practise (industry software and planning) to maximise output.

1. Match Updates

At its basic form it needs match updates. A final score and attendance included for league. This can be done remotely anywhere with a decent internet connection. So essentially between those fulfilling the role 1 person must be available for 3-5. You can follow on radio robins, or simply just post JL's updates.

2. Non Matchday updates

Most pre game amble can be set up to post automatically in advance to minimise the time required on a matchday. This software is simple.

3. Midweek content

Photography etc. From past or upcoming games - this again can be set up in advance.

4. Responding to comments.

Anyone with a smart phone can monitor our messages and respond when appropriate
It's all my fault.

AltySi

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 12:57:45 PM »

I continued them after leaving the ground. Andrew and I often do it remotely when being at the game isn't viable

I think Dan Jones might like to explain why he removed the account. No apology from him in there.

Just to clear up, how can you possibly tweet about the match if you aren't there? Were you watching from outside?

Updates have been done remotely for many matches over the past 4 years, using match day updates page on the official website and radio robins commentary as the source of information. With so few volunteers to manage the account, and no offer from the club to get people to away games, it is not always possible for the social media people to attend every single home and away match.

AltySi

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »

Social media is a relatively new phenomenon... really ?

Facebook is 13 years old and twitter is 11 years old

We are living in the past

Indeed the club is, and I really do think that the chairman couldn't give a flying f*** about social media.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2017, 05:29:25 PM »

The strategic review highlighted how good our social media presence was; now it's been wrecked with the -also praised in the report -loyal fanbase alienated and cut down even further.

Great start to the 5 year plan...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 05:30:48 PM »

Those individuals who were responsible for orchestrating that farcical Twitter blackout appear to be using Bill Waterson as a human shield.

If they believe that the decisions that they took were correct, then they should at least have the integrity to own them.

Anything else makes them appear spineless.

Yet another shameful fiasco in this omnishambles of a season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Spring

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2017, 05:47:53 PM »

I have to say I totally agree with The Cults comment.

I did not agree with the decision because the so called provocation was minimal but at least it was a decision. The shameless thing has been the cover up and the lack of accountability for the decision.

I still don't know where the decision came from and for the good of our beloved football club genuinely hope it did not emenate from the Chairman. If it did, and he then did not stand up and say, yes I made the decision for these reasons, as I believed them to be in the best interests of the club, we are in an even worse leadership situation than I had imagined.

Surely no real leader would hide behind others, not stand by his actions and just remain silent.

No sorry guys however much you denigrate our Chairman, I do not believe for one minute he would act like that or he would not have got to the level he has. Much more likely is that an underling took the decision and the Chairman is being totally honourable and protecting him.. Let's at least give him the benefit of the doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Social Media