News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The missing

Author Topic: The missing  (Read 4304 times)

letsbyavenue

The missing
« on: March 19, 2017, 12:15:41 AM »

Has anyone else noticed the large number of players who are not available to play through injury week in and out. I am wondering whether this is actually a case of fake news and the real reason players are not turning out is because of embarrassment at running out at moss lane before a crowd who have paid good money to watch yet another disaster. It can't be much fun playing for a team which has been reduced to a wooden spoon competition with stalybridge as the raison d'etre for what remains of the season. Excuse the French but you may as well tell Rowley to go in a foreign language as he appears to have lost the capacity to comprehend plain English. But here goes one last time - for god's sake go now man and retain whatever morsel of self respect you still can!

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
Re: The missing
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 12:36:22 AM »

The squad we have now I don't think for a minute there not trying but even they must know its to late to stay up .we have tightened up at the back were nit winning games because in the final third there is no quality or creativity if we  had a clinical touch I dare say we wouldn't be in this mess

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:13:40 AM »

The squad we have now I don't think for a minute there not trying but even they must know its to late to stay up .we have tightened up at the back were nit winning games because in the final third there is no quality or creativity if we  had a clinical touch I dare say we wouldn't be in this mess

Dare say whatever you want, you're still talking nonsense. To use a colloquial phrase, if my Aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:07:17 AM »

I agree with this summary, the lack of up front creativity is the issue, newby is our only hope, owens and reeves not good enough, lawrie is an enigma
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »

Re Letsby's remark, I don't think that is the case. For one thing, Alan Ainsley would see through that. I do think that all players on the injury list would play if they could - no player likes being injured and a lot of the players we have out would walk though fire for this club - Tom Hannigan, Sean Miller and Nicky Clee to name but three. Nicky joined us on the terraces yesterday, nice to see as a fan.

We have had more than our fair share of injuries this season, things would be very different with Sean Miller playing all the way through and with Tom. we missed Nicky yesterday with his creativity, with him playing I think we would have won the game. But imagine how our results would have turned if we had had Sean playing though the season so far, one of my players of the season so far, but for his absence at a crucial stage of the season.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 01:15:36 PM »

Re Letsby's remark, I don't think that is the case. For one thing, Alan Ainsley would see through that. I do think that all players on the injury list would play if they could - no player likes being injured and a lot of the players we have out would walk though fire for this club - Tom Hannigan, Sean Miller and Nicky Clee to name but three. Nicky joined us on the terraces yesterday, nice to see as a fan.

We have had more than our fair share of injuries this season, things would be very different with Sean Miller playing all the way through and with Tom. we missed Nicky yesterday with his creativity, with him playing I think we would have won the game. But imagine how our results would have turned if we had had Sean playing though the season so far, one of my players of the season so far, but for his absence at a crucial stage of the season.

I have to say I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest Miller and especially Hannigan would walk through fire for this club. You're making Miller sound like the second-coming of George Best whereas I would describe him as the best of an awfully bad bunch. The only difference he'd have made if he'd been playing is that he might have scored a handful of spectacular consolation goals. I'm pretty sure there will be a mutual tearing up of Hannigan's contract at the end of the season.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 08:11:54 PM »

There were a couple of times yesterday where Newby did all the hard work and was determined to score but a better option would have been a pass to an unmarked Reeves. Miller is a bit the same in my opinion. He sometimes tries to beat one player too many. 

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 08:19:54 PM »

There were a couple of times yesterday where Newby did all the hard work and was determined to score but a better option would have been a pass to an unmarked Reeves. Miller is a bit the same in my opinion. He sometimes tries to beat one player too many. 

You may have a point, but that is probably because Newby and Miller both realise they are more capable of scoring than our more experienced strikers, and  can end up doing too much themselves

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »

You may have a point, but that is probably because Newby and Miller both realise they are more capable of scoring than our more experienced strikers, and  can end up doing too much themselves

No its because they play with their head down looking at their feet. Both are talented but must have been coached by mr magoo from an early age
Full time and proud of it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The missing