PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Vocal Minority
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Vocal Minority  (Read 11260 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Vocal Minority
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »

If this had been a general election you would of lost your deposit!!

I'd always wondered how representative the 'fans forum' was of the Altrincham fan base, now I know.

Next Saturday there were going to be 6 of us London Alty going to BPA but we are binning off to go to a more London based Ryman game. There were plenty of people who I know were not there today who want GR to step down. Our away games next season will be the only place an atmosphere is created. Rowley is slowly but surely sucking the life out of the club.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 09:53:01 AM »

If this had been a general election you would of lost your deposit!!

I'd always wondered how representative the 'fans forum' was of the Altrincham fan base, now I know.

I find this very strange, why is there such animosity and hatred towards a group of fans who paid to get in and then decided to leave, they were not abusive, acted with good discipline and behaviour. You might not agree with them but thats democratic choice, of course 500 didnt decide to leave after 15 mins, I dont believe it was that sort of protest.  The very fact that anyone did is a shame.  I have seen more humility and balance from the Rowley out group than from a good number of the others.  I think the club should take a leaf from the management duo and state that it is totally up to them if they wish to do this, acknowledge all isnt perfect and attempt to build bridges.  Sad times and in my opinion those with power and authority should always rise above and offer the olive branch rather than creating a culture of antagonisation

Very good post. On a similar note, how much of the last year's disaster can the fans be held responsible for? How much of it is the fault of the Chairman and the board?  The finger should be pointed one way and not towards the terraces.

We are being told to get behind the club, move forward; but I have seen nothing like the accountability or apology from Rowley that there should be for what has gone on (and accepting the review and mumbling a half arsed "mistakes have been made" at the meeting isnt enough). That is what hurts a lot in all this and until we get that olive branch then I predict more division and disharmony.

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2017, 10:02:16 AM »

If Rowley was serious about building bridges - he should have sat down with his biggest critics. He should have actively gone to them and set lets sort this out.

Jezza

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2017, 11:50:30 AM »

its always suggested in general elections referendums trade union votes that those who don't vote hold an opposing view.....on which basis the government has a mandate to stay in the EU.

Top marks for trolling though.

One thing is clear, Grahame Rowley is splitting the fanbase by staying....we are turning into Northwich...

WiganAlty

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »

The sad thing for me is the people who love this club are no longer at games, as they cannot bear to see our plight and what is happening here. One of my fellow supporters, who I have known since I started supporting 20+ years ago, went to Droylsden vs Glossop instead. That for me is a worse fact than those who chose to walk out today.

As another "old-timer" (having watched Alty for getting on 40 years now), over the last few months I have found any number of DIY jobs that needed to be done rather than have to watch 90 minutes of utter cr@p. I think I've made two or three games since Christmas and New Year - once the DIY jobs run out, I'll be accompanying the missus on shopping trips on Saturdays  :-[

bighairedmike

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »

If Rowley was serious about building bridges - he should have sat down with his biggest critics. He should have actively gone to them and set lets sort this out.

Grahame Rowley was asked to go on the non-league show podcast alongside an altrincham fan that was acting as a spokesman for the walkout protest group, but he refused, instead sending an aweful statement that pointed the finger anywhere but st himself.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »

Grahame Rowley was asked to go on the non-league show podcast alongside an altrincham fan that was acting as a spokesman for the walkout protest group, but he refused, instead sending an aweful statement that pointed the finger anywhere but st himself.

Do we have the content of this 'awful statement'?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

bighairedmike

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »

It's on the podcast (I don't have a written copy) thread. About 13 minutes in. Will copy the link in a moment.

EDIT:  http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=22327.0
The link to the podcast is in the above thread.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »

It's on the podcast (I don't have a written copy) thread. About 13 minutes in. Will copy the link in a moment.

EDIT:  http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=22327.0
The link to the podcast is in the above thread.

OK, thanks, going to give myself a little time for my blood pressure to come down again having just read Mike Garnett's propogandist fantasy piece. I'll give it a listen in a little while.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Vocal Minority