PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Twitter updates.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: No Twitter updates.  (Read 47611 times)

dingo

Re: No Twitter updates.
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »

Truth hurts Thriving, keep acting like child who hasn't got what he wants.

Facts are that less than 25 people walked out.

The silent majority of which I have been for 18 years don't support you lot on this, you need to accept this and move on.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2017, 05:49:10 PM »

I for one have supported the Rowley for there efforts in recent times , I haven't been much this season due to affordability and having young kids on a saturday , but after saturdays debacle I will not return to watch alty till the chairman steps down , I was one of the silent majority as well now after the shenanigans on Saturday I'm disgusted at how the club treated the social media team who have always acted with dignity whilst volunteering and doing there bit for the club I love , shame on them and shame on whom ever agrees with there media control.
FFS

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »

Truth hurts Thriving, keep acting like child who hasn't got what he wants.

Facts are that less than 25 people walked out.

The silent majority of which I have been for 18 years don't support you lot on this, you need to accept this and move on.

I think you'll find I didn't walk out nor did I support it beforehand. The Chairman will know exactly how many walked out, as he had someone counting but I can assure you there were supporters clapping in the Golf Road End. Those are the facts.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »

"it was well applauded and supported by a sizeable number" this was tweeted to a journalist.

This is not a true reflection of what happened but is what you tweeted.

Your job is to report what happened not put ur own "sexed up" version.

One person clapped in the main stand while there was an audible chorus of cheerio.

More Stalybridge fans clapped the 24 who walked out than alty fans.

This is just a side show to hide the fact that the protest was a resounding embarrassing failure

This is a quote from the Non-League Daily, who were in attendance:
"A reception of applause from some sections of supporters could be heard around the ground, with a number of Celtic supporters joining in".

Sort of more than just one in the main stand clapping then.

18 years, is that it?? Ive been going for 27 years. Most of who I know are in support of the need for change.

We are all entitled to opinions, yet, there have been huge failings made on this Chairman's watch. The continued failure to communicate with supporters is high up there.

Its time for a fresh face to be brought in and repair the damage done. Otherwise, we'll end up like Northwich Victoria.

dingo

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

But our guy said it was well applauded and supported, which was inaccurate.

Sorry because you are probably older and supported longer does that mean ur a better supporter and love the club more?

I felt most sorry for the people who had to pick up the protest leaflets left on the floor of which there were many. No respect for the volunteer staff

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »

So you think Rowleys doing a good job then?

Jimmy

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2017, 06:25:18 PM »

Sorry because you are probably older and supported longer does that mean ur a better supporter and love the club more?

I felt most sorry for the people who had to pick up the protest leaflets left on the floor of which there were many. No respect for the volunteer staff
certainly silent as but for the protesters there would've been no atmosphere in the first 15 minutes,can't comment on rest of the game

bighairedmike

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »

Protest leaflets were handed to fans not known to be involved in the group beforehand. The protestors that joined from other areas actively carried these and waved them in the chairmans direction as they left.

I wouldn't go about blaming the protestors for littering. It's like suggesting Coca Cola should be blamed for all of their cans left on the terraces afterwards.

Let's not throw about accusations of not respecting the volunteer staff after the social media debacle, shall we?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2017, 06:38:01 PM »

No respect for volunteer staff? In your first post you defended the club after they showed no respect to volunteer staff. Make your mind up!!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

Is it?? depends on your definition of well doesnt it?? Does well = applause heard around the ground??

Not at all. You were the first to put in a year of supporting with your group. My group, having experienced the good, the bad and the ugly, seem to have had enough.

Its rather sad really.

Quite astonished at this one really. Another swipe at our supporters??

Couldnt people have just binned them, or politely declined the leaflet if they didnt agree??

People involved in the protest have volunteered over the years, myself included. Seems like an own goal by yourself having no respect for legitimate protest at an awful time in our proud history.

dingo

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2017, 06:43:21 PM »

GR financially wise I cant fault the man
Choices of manager recently haven't been great and he gave neil young to much power.

To be fair i was at the meeting when Neil young was introduced and I and most fans present were happy and applauded what he had to say other than Scott leather has been left go. I think most people were happy that he promised to be more vocal with the fans than sinnott.

For me I just don't think GR comes across well and he rubs people up the wrong way unintentionally, I hear he is a good man and as I live near the ground the number of times I drive past late in the evening and you see him locking up you know he loves the club.

taxi Phil

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2017, 06:45:31 PM »

Which member of the Rowley clan is this "dingo" person ? Pathetic attempt to swim against the tide.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2017, 07:03:37 PM »

GR financially wise I cant fault the man
Choices of manager recently haven't been great and he gave neil young to much power.

To be fair i was at the meeting when Neil young was introduced and I and most fans present were happy and applauded what he had to say other than Scott leather has been left go. I think most people were happy that he promised to be more vocal with the fans than sinnott.

For me I just don't think GR comes across well and he rubs people up the wrong way unintentionally, I hear he is a good man and as I live near the ground the number of times I drive past late in the evening and you see him locking up you know he loves the club.

If you have read anything on here, you'll understand that no one is knocking what Rowley has done. Clearly, he is passionate about Altrincham.

But you have also hit on the main element of being a Chairman. He cannot rub people up the wrong way. He is there to lead and facilitate. To engage in the community, which does include all supporters. Not just the ones he likes.

In my job, I deal with lots of unhappy people who have been annoyed with service delivery. Because of my understanding of the issues, i try dam hard to find common ground and solve the issue. I have turned many unhappy people around, and created many great friendships as a result.

Because of his arrogance and inability to communicate with supporters, he has lost and will continue to lose many long-term faithful supporters.

dingo

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2017, 07:06:52 PM »

I stood in the second half where the protestors stood in the first and loads of leaflets were scattered on the ground there, which by there location would indicate they weren't even handed out.

Why did our social media guy not report the singing of cheerio cheerio, mmm wonder which way he lent.....

bighairedmike

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2017, 07:13:57 PM »

I stood in the second half where the protestors stood in the first and loads of leaflets were scattered on the ground there, which by there location would indicate they weren't even handed out.

Why did our social media guy not report the singing of cheerio cheerio, mmm wonder which way he lent.....

Probably because it wasn't heard.  I heard one person shout "part-timers" and that was it, it was ignored. Ours was a polite protest.

The applause from more people was a truer representation than some quiet cheerios from the mainstand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Twitter updates.