PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Twitter updates.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: No Twitter updates.  (Read 47662 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No Twitter updates.
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2017, 10:29:11 PM »

I think you're confusing me with someone else dingo, I was not at the review meeting. You can find the bits about the £41k and the rent free in black and white on the ccw if you so wish.

Whether we are financially well run will become more apparent in years to come without sales of players to Sunderland, runs to the FA cup 2nd rd, tv money for the Burton games, crowds of 2,000 3 or 4 times a season etc.

We aren't going to get wound up by HMRC this week no, although that is the bare minimum of compete you'd expect. We are however singularly failing to correlate any off pitch improvement onto on the field matters so it's much the same thing.

As I said, I love your viewpoint but you'll just have to forgive me for waiting to see it actually prove productive first. Crisis of faith and all that.

dingo

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »

Yes the team is on the way up and I'm talking about performances not results, we look solid at present but could do with a Colin little up front.

Do you know where the applauding away fans were stood because of the rain?

Whether intentional or not you come across as very sexist when talking about the csh and the people who use it

Using the words straws and clutching put together a well known phrase.

Oh dear lord, sexist? Pmsl, I could have picked walking football or any community related activity, there wasn't even a hint of sexism in there. The point was, as you well know, that it doesn't matter how successful the CSH is if we don't have a football team worthy of the name any more.

We have played the worst teams in the league over the last few weeks, so good luck with your progress.

There are many who were stood on that side who applauded and saw others applaud, but of course they are obviously all making it up, it couldn't possibly be true if it contradicted your world view.

LOL....you've made my night, I always thought Dingoes were peculiar creatures.

I have no idea how u can comment on something when you weren't even there, its embarrassing much like the protest.

In the first half I was sat in the main stand so I had a birds eye view of the action.

If it had really meant that much to people more than the 24 people I counted would have walked

York Alty is back

« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2017, 10:32:22 PM »

GR financially wise I cant fault the man
Choices of manager recently haven't been great and he gave neil young to much power.

To be fair i was at the meeting when Neil young was introduced and I and most fans present were happy and applauded what he had to say other than Scott leather has been left go. I think most people were happy that he promised to be more vocal with the fans than sinnott.

For me I just don't think GR comes across well and he rubs people up the wrong way unintentionally, I hear he is a good man and as I live near the ground the number of times I drive past late in the evening and you see him locking up you know he loves the club.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and it's a sad state of affairs all round. I'm not sure you genuinely believe the stuff you've been writing but, assuming you do, my fear is that financially wise in the next year or two you will have real and present reason to fault the man.

We won't be having the income from any decent cup runs or home fixtures against Tranmere or Grimsby, in fact not even Stockport Salford and fcum. You'll have a devasted fan base and an empty CSH.

The truth is out there on the pitch mate, not in the CSH or the tatton, not the free tickets or the leaflets, not in the coziness of the club office or the arguments on this forum but out there on the pitch.

The worst Alty team I've ever seen and a rapidly shrinking alienated fan base heading towards step 7 football.

Take whichever side you like. But the truth is there.

Tell me what part of what I have written I don't really believe.

Ur the one who grossly miscalculated how the  csh was financed.

The csh is our goose the lays the golden egg. Have you ever been down on a saturday morning and seen how many kids are playin footy wearing alty tops. They and their families are the clubs future on and off the pitch. Our future youth team players etc. I couldn't even book the csh for a b day party 3 months in advance. Who says we cant have a similar cup run,agree that we will be hit short term by the glue league.

For the first time in a long time the team is going in the right direction , we are not where I want or hoped we would be but for the first time in a while i see a light which is big thanks to the new management

Sorry, and how have I miscalculated how the CSH was financed?

Judging by this year they'll only be the future until they have an opinion at which point they'll be disregarded.

I look forward to them turning down yts places at league clubs to join our evo stik youth team on account of having a shirt, thank god they won't get tempted by Utd or City.

The club gets nothing except bar takings as you well know, and the CSH is not for profit. I look forward to the golden eggs though, although it may take a while as there'll be reduced central funding and we won't be in a position to lend it £41k anytime soon. We can probably continue to let them use it rent free that's about it.

On paper, I love the idea and I wish I had your belief (and that of forum ranted, I really do. Alas, realism sucks.

You were called out at the recent review meeting by the man in charge of the figures who dispelled the dangerous guestamations you spread. Were you not at it, about 130 people were and it was shown live even recorded I think.

So according to you we are not financially well run?

Hope so cos we will need every source of revenue in the evo stick league. Remember teams bringing hundreds of fans? Well, all that's been lost under the leadership of Chairman Row Lee. It's about responsibility, and that is why I believe he should stand down.

dingo

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »

I think you're confusing me with someone else dingo, I was not at the review meeting. You can find the bits about the £41k and the rent free in black and white on the ccw if you so wish.

Whether we are financially well run will become more apparent in years to come without sales of players to Sunderland, runs to the FA cup 2nd rd, tv money for the Burton games, crowds of 2,000 3 or 4 times a season etc.

We aren't going to get wound up by HMRC this week no, although that is the bare minimum of compete you'd expect. We are however singularly failing to correlate any off pitch improvement onto on the field matters so it's much the same thing.

As I said, I love your viewpoint but you'll just have to forgive me for waiting to see it actually prove productive first. Crisis of faith and all that.

I didnt think you were there as you wouldn't have written what you just wrote. The finance guy said ballers from this forum was talking nonsense about the financials of the club and he went indepth on where the money came for the csh. You should watch it or request the minutes, I don't like to see someone make themselves look foolish when info to the contrary is out their

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2017, 10:47:23 PM »

Yes the team is on the way up and I'm talking about performances not results, we look solid at present but could do with a Colin little up front.

Do you know where the applauding away fans were stood because of the rain?

Whether intentional or not you come across as very sexist when talking about the csh and the people who use it

Using the words straws and clutching put together a well known phrase.

Oh dear lord, sexist? Pmsl, I could have picked walking football or any community related activity, there wasn't even a hint of sexism in there. The point was, as you well know, that it doesn't matter how successful the CSH is if we don't have a football team worthy of the name any more.

We have played the worst teams in the league over the last few weeks, so good luck with your progress.

There are many who were stood on that side who applauded and saw others applaud, but of course they are obviously all making it up, it couldn't possibly be true if it contradicted your world view.

LOL....you've made my night, I always thought Dingoes were peculiar creatures.

I have no idea how u can comment on something when you weren't even there, its embarrassing much like the protest.

In the first half I was sat in the main stand so I had a birds eye view of the action.

If it had really meant that much to people more than the 24 people I counted would have walked

Carry on cherry picking your own truths Dingo, it must be a great source of comfort to you.

I know what I heard and I also know some of the people who have commented on the applause and trust their opinion.

Care to comment on the season ticket holders who no longer attend matches (along with many others)?

He lost it for me when he started putting unfounded allegations about supporters in the national press and then attempted to claim he was misquoted.  When he appointed a family friend for an 'impartial' strategic review where anyone who had any sort of question that might be deemed tricky for GR had their speaking rights removed. This was the perfect opportunity for bridge building, but he chose to drive an even bigger wedge in there. The whole twittergate fiasco wasn't even a final straw as I had long since felt his position to be untenable.

We have a fractured support base and whether you care to admit to yourself or not, most of those who will now be staying away are the very people that have followed our team the length and breadth of the land, the sort of people that do volunteer in various ways, who have always dug deep when asked to, time and time again. So if it makes it cosier for you to think of the dissenters to be people who don't care about the club and have undertaken this course of action lightly, then so be it.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2017, 10:50:54 PM »

Come on dingo. Perhaps most people around you weren't applauding - they really were around where I was stood under the gantry. A number of us against the advertising hoardings turned round to applaud the protesters - this may have obscured your view. There honestly was a lot of support for those who left - I've no reason whatsoever to lie. These divisions are real mate, they can't just be swept under the carpet.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2017, 10:54:38 PM »

Come on dingo. Perhaps most people around you weren't applauding - they really were around where I was stood under the gantry. A number of us against the advertising hoardings turned round to applaud the protesters - this may have obscured your view. There honestly was a lot of support for those who left - I've no reason whatsoever to lie. These divisions are real mate, they can't just be swept under the carpet.

I think you're wasting your breath Brian. I understand some of the slightly more deranged dingoes have been fitted with blinkers for their own protection and this may explain his/her 'view'.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

dingo

« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2017, 11:04:11 PM »

I have no doubt there is a division and I admire the 24 for their courage but if you honestly say to me are they more people in favour of the protestors view than against you are wrong. I don't think you believe that. I think more people probably applauded Tha i give credit for but the social media person did not reflect accurately events, he spun them to his own ends and he knows it deep down 2. Where I was sat I was about 3 meters from him

York Alty is back

« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2017, 11:13:48 PM »

Dingo. From where you were sitting in the main stand, how many people did you see walk towards the exit from the Golf Road end please? How many folk in the Golf Road did you see waving the 'Rowley Out' flyer?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:19:26 PM by York Alty wants Chairman Row Lee Out. »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2017, 11:16:06 PM »

I personally know people who are for and against both the board and protestors. If I had to be completely honest with you I'd say that (pretty much like the Scottish referendum ironically) it's about 50-50.

You know it's not just about those who left, it's about those who are no longer coming anymore, it's about fewer season ticket sales and lower bar takings which will impact on our ability to get back up next season. That's all I care about to be honest, getting back up next season and i'm not sure Mr Rowley, however kind or hard-working he is, is the one who can unify the fans again.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2017, 11:24:47 PM »

Well, I wasnt at the game.

Had I been, i would have walked.

Dingo, there are many more than just the 24. Perhaps not as vocal, but at least these 24 were still paying....

https://twitter.com/altrinchamfc/status/843120452432224256

How does that not accurately reflect events?

What about the below? This is what was being referenced by the twitter post:
"15: A number of Alty fans (about two dozen it seems) leave terrace in protest at chairman".

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2017, 11:26:42 PM »

I didnt think you were there as you wouldn't have written what you just wrote. The finance guy said ballers from this forum was talking nonsense about the financials of the club and he went indepth on where the money came for the csh. You should watch it or request the minutes, I don't like to see someone make themselves look foolish when info to the contrary is out their

It's no problem mate, you don't look too foolish, even though you don't seem to know who the finance guy is (is he related to running man?). If in the meantime it turns out that club has never lent the CSH money or provided use of facilities rent free as stated on the community sides official accounts or the financial figures of the football club were not boosted by the sale of Duncan, tv money, FA cup prize money or some excellent crowds (largely one off affairs that we're not likely to see again I'm afraid) then I'll happily get you a pint at barwell/Coalville/mickleover sports next season.

York Alty is back

« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2017, 11:29:17 PM »

I personally know people who are for and against both the board and protestors. If I had to be completely honest with you I'd say that (pretty much like the Scottish referendum ironically) it's about 50-50.

You know it's not just about those who left, it's about those who are no longer coming anymore, it's about fewer season ticket sales and lower bar takings which will impact on our ability to get back up next season. That's all I care about to be honest, getting back up next season and i'm not sure Mr Rowley, however kind or hard-working he is, is the one who can unify the fans again.
another truth is that if we were winning the league or challenging for promotion nobody would be demonstrating about dreadful management appointments, chronic PR foul ups and passwords being changed.

I suspect the vast majority can live with a lot of crap, in exchange for success on the pitch.

Sadly we have a lot of crap and abject failure on the pitch.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2017, 11:30:02 PM »

Thriving
ParkINson's red and white army

dingo

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2017, 11:33:49 PM »

Well, I wasnt at the game.

Had I been, i would have walked.

Dingo, there are many more than just the 24. Perhaps not as vocal, but at least these 24 were still paying....

https://twitter.com/altrinchamfc/status/843120452432224256

How does that not accurately reflect events?

What about the below? This is what was being referenced by the twitter post:
"15: A number of Alty fans (about two dozen it seems) leave terrace in protest at chairman".

That is not the problem quote. Go back a bit on this tread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Twitter updates.