PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Stalybridge match thread  (Read 18936 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stalybridge match thread
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »

Where do experienced managers get their experience from if they are never to be given a chance?

finnquark

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »

Look at the Cowleys.....probably the management success story of the season. Where were they 5 years ago ?

Cowley began at Concord, cutting his teeth at a level commensurate with his lack of experience. Once he proved a success with them he was given the Braintree and then Lincoln jobs. He's been a manager for ten years and started when Concord were in the Essex Senior League. He was not given a job trying to keep a previously stable club from a second consecutive relegation.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2017, 02:19:09 PM »

As stated by the pair at the meeting, they deserve the chance to start next season, bringing their own players and ideas in before and from the start of next season. This season they are doing their best with what they already had to work with. Matt and Robbie said it was a thankless task to start with what they had, in the light of results so far before they started. We are now seeing the signs of improvement. Believe me there is still a long way to go before things really improve, we can start by winning the next two games. If we do I also think there is a real chance we can survive, but if we don't then we go to the glue league. Even if that happens, from the meeting last Tuesday, I still think they deserve their chance to build their own team. Don't write them or the team off just yet, see what happens in the next two games, it could be boom or bust. As fare as Stalybridge in concerned my head says score draw but my heart says 1-0 win. Time will tell.

Of course they said it was a thankless task Steve they didn't win a league game for 3 months, I doubt they would have said it was all planned that way. I agree with the rest of what you've said.

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2017, 02:25:56 PM »

We have nine games left. I think it's safe to say we'll get nothing at Salford. Five of the rest are winnable if we pull all the stops out, and the other three could be drawn with luck if we've built some momentum.

Total points if we pull off that sort of miracle ? A mere 34. We'd still almost certainly be down before going to Tamworth on the final day.

I stopped dreaming months ago, but I'm ready to embrace the challenge of bouncing back....although enjoying it is secondary.

taxi Phil

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2017, 02:38:31 PM »

Look at the Cowleys.....probably the management success story of the season. Where were they 5 years ago ?

Cowley began at Concord, cutting his teeth at a level commensurate with his lack of experience. Once he proved a success with them he was given the Braintree and then Lincoln jobs. He's been a manager for ten years and started when Concord were in the Essex Senior League. He was not given a job trying to keep a previously stable club from a second consecutive relegation.

But that demonstrates part of my argument. Braintree and Lincoln took them on because they had a progressive profile. You couldn't say that about our last two permanent appointments.

finnquark

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »

But that demonstrates part of my argument. Braintree and Lincoln took them on because they had a progressive profile. You couldn't say that about our last two permanent appointments.

But you also say maybe they'll cut it in the glue league, when there is little evidence of that, as they haven't proven themselves at that level or at any level.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2017, 04:56:14 PM »

We are playing to do the double over Stalybridge.

We are playing so as to avoid finishing bottom club in the division.

We are now playing for pride and arguably have more to play for than the mid table teams.

How did this pan out then ?

Not long left now
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2017, 05:13:22 PM »

There was no lack of effort today on either side. There was just no quality, particularly in the final thirds. I'm not inclined to pay £14 to watch nil every week. I hope the chairman enjoyed it.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2017, 05:35:12 PM »

That was awful. Two dreadful teams serving up another highly unwatchable game of football. Could have heard a pin drop after the walkout. Andy Owens, not sure I've seen a bigger donkey in the shirt since Chris Young in the Bernard Taylor days.

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2017, 07:06:55 PM »

We have nine games left. I think it's safe to say we'll get nothing at Salford. Five of the rest are winnable if we pull all the stops out, and the other three could be drawn with luck if we've built some momentum.

Total points if we pull off that sort of miracle ? A mere 34. We'd still almost certainly be down before going to Tamworth on the final day.

I stopped dreaming months ago, but I'm ready to embrace the challenge of bouncing back....although enjoying it is secondary.

That 34 points just became 32. Dreadful. The first team we've taken 4 points from. The only team not to score against us. Yippee ! Mine's a hemlock.

York Alty is back

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »

First half was sh*te.

Second half  marginally better.

Could have won it,could have lost it. No team deserved to have scored.

Crap,  Neither will challenge for a title next season.

Crap.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »

The pitch made it difficult today, I agree it was not a great game.

But we had the better chances, hitting the post and forcing a few saves from there keeper. but a draw about right.

We lack an inform striker, if we had one I am sure we would have won. Reeves of old or Colin little is what we are missing.

York Alty is back

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »

But we had the better chances, hitting the post and forcing a few saves from there keeper. but a draw about right.

We lack an inform striker, if we had one I am sure we would have won. Reeves of old or Colin little is what we are missing.

Breezy with it too.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »

Instead of lumping it up to lumbering Sunday league clown Andy Owens!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2017, 10:21:40 PM »

Interesting article in the matchday program by Mike Garnett called the unpalattable truth...

Basically stating we have over achieved in the last 13 years or so. Sobering reading.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge match thread