Staying but agree with the reasons behind walkout
- 15 (19.2%)
Staying disagree with the walk out
- 26 (33.3%)
Already boycotting
- 16 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Saturday's walk out  (Read 11214 times)

Stan Hibbert

Re: Saturday's walk out
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 08:58:14 AM »

I've been pondering what to do on Saturday. I totally want to walk out on 15 minutes as Rowley needs to resign as Chairman but it's also a long drive there and back from Shropshire.

I think I'll go to walk out and then stop just before the gates and quietly go back to watching the game, that way I've made my protest and also not wasted the petrol to get there (60 miles each way).

Same with me.

To stay is to show support for rowley but thats just my opinion. Each to their own

No it's not.

To stay is to not show support to those who are walking out. Simple as that.

I can show a lack of support to Rowley, if I chose to, in many other ways.

I want to watch tomorrow's match and will be doing so irrespective of who the chairman, manager and players are. I have done this for 30 + years and will hopefully do so for another 30 + years.

Personally I think tomorrow's walk out being a damp squib and all it will do is create a divide in, and animosity between, the supporters both during and certainly after the game.

After tomorrow's walkout there will still be the ill feelings towards the Board but there will then be the added issue of a divide in the supporters.

That's just my opinion. Each to their own.

I think it's fair enough if people have paid money and want to stay and watch the game. The idea of people paying £14 to watch 90 mins of football, to then leave after 15 mins is essentially bonkers. But I suppose that's also what makes it so unique (and probably the reason it's had so much media interest over the past week).

And so, it  really depends what you mean by a damp squib. I actually think that just one person paying to get in and leaving after 15 mins is a strong message. The fact a group of people feel strongly enough to make their own point against the chairman in this way shouldn't be brushed under the carpet because others want to watch the game they've paid to see. Incidentally, there is so much under that carpet now, that there probably isn't any room left for it anyway.

We all know what is dividing people. We surely can't start next season with the club so fractured in such an important season? This view from within the club that a couple of wins will change everyone's opinion is deluded. Whatever anyone's own personal opinion of him is, GR needs to put the football before his own agenda, and announce his intention to stand down so that the football club can move forward.

Anyway, does anyone know or decided which game is being shown in the Tatton?

When I say that I think it will be a damp squib what I mean is that I don't think it will have the desired effect, assuming the desired effect is for Rowley to step down as Chairman. The guy's skin is a lot thicker than this.

I don't know how many will walk out but based on the low number of Twitter followers (90 ish last time I looked) I can't imagine that more than 50-100 will walk out. This amount of people leaving the game will go relatively unnoticed even more so if GR decides to go to the loo after 14 minutes! You never know, he may be planning on not going to tomorrow's game because of the planned walkout? I am sure he will be there though and say this in jest.

Whatever happens tomorrow is not going to be pleasant and I just hope that the people who are planning to do this are doing it for the right reasons and not just jumping on the band waggon 'cos their mates are doing it.

Be careful what you wish for is all I can say.

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »

There's no reason why those who agree with the walkout, but feel they have spent too much money to justify leaving after fifteen minutes, can't stand in solidarity with the rest of the demonstrators for the fifteen minutes that they are in Moss Lane.

Join in with the fifteen minutes of noise. Join the walk to the gate. No one will think less of you if you decide to stay after that.

Chrissy A

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »

Not against those walking out by any means, but can I just ask what the plan is moving forward following Saturday's walk out? Will this be a running theme for the rest of the home games this season?

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »

Not against those walking out by any means, but can I just ask what the plan is moving forward following Saturday's walk out? Will this be a running theme for the rest of the home games this season?
Well it's the last home game I'll be attending albiet only for 15 minutes

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 10:29:10 AM »

Join in with the fifteen minutes of noise. Join the walk to the gate. No one will think less of you if you decide to stay after that.
This is not a difficult one if you agree strongly enough with the protest you will walk through the gate, if you don't you won't - simple

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 11:43:12 AM »

This is very true, I wished as Burton Albion were playing Newcastle United we'd be playing Newcastle Town and that we could be in the same league as shaw lane Aquaforce, and bugger me, it's come true.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 11:47:27 AM »

This is very true, I wished as Burton Albion were playing Newcastle United we'd be playing Newcastle Town and that we could be in the same league as shaw lane Aquaforce, and bugger me, it's come true.

Well said that man!

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 03:45:46 PM »

superb

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 05:36:42 PM »

What could be worse getting relegated into the glue league?

It is a crying shame that Altrincham faces its toughest part of history. Many would agree that a lot of this could have been avoided if better key decisions were made.

Currently, we have a Chairman who has alienated large parts of the loyal fanbase. I do support the walkout, but unfortunately, I am unable to attend the game due to prior commitments.

To move forward, we need a change at the top who will be able to bring all supporters back together and get us promoted at the first time of asking.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 05:44:45 PM »

Magnificent work.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Frosty

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 05:58:53 PM »

When will the details of the buffet be available

York Alty is back

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »

When will the details of the buffet be available

Postponed.

AltySupporter

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 07:04:26 PM »

The saddest thing about all of this is the divisions created amongst the fans. I'm no fan of the proposed walkout but I respect everyone's opinion and right to peacefully protest. I just hope we can all regroup and get behind the team and the club soon, under whatever leadership there may be.

Colin

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 07:17:16 PM »

The saddest thing about all of this is the divisions created amongst the fans. I'm no fan of the proposed walkout but I respect everyone's opinion and right to peacefully protest. I just hope we can all regroup and get behind the team and the club soon, under whatever leadership there may be.

Colin

That can be achieved by one move......Rowley resigns as Chairman, simples!

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 07:18:50 PM »

What could be worse getting relegated into the glue league?

Getting relegated into the glue league North like Hyde and Droylsden ? Going bust like Leigh ? As the Carpenters sang "We've Only Just Begun".
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday's walk out